XBox One’s EA Access heads to PC as Origin Access

zMeul

This could be a good deal for certain people, at least it isn't something like Xbox gold or PS+

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

That's how subs work. Do you not sub to Netflix because when you stop paying, you don't have access to the shows and movies?

Games are not like shows and movies they don't have save data or progress and no reason to really ever come back to them, it doesn't cost EA anything to let you own those games on your account. A good example of this is their on the house program, where you are given games for free permanently. What games you might ask? Battlefield 3, dragon age origins and plants v zombies garden warfare just to name a few. They wouldn't happen to be on the PAID list would they? There is no Value here.

Of all the things to bash EA over, we decide on this...

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

If it had better, newer games I might go for it, but I have or had most of the games in that list. no point in buying into it now for me.

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

I still know many who wont even install Origin in their PC's, then they always do these "up to -60% off" sales where basically only the oldest games are -60%, and Mass Effect series DLC's still cost as much as before. Then the most fun part in that abomnation is that you cant even buy DA2, ME2-3 DLC's anymore ..from anywhere. :D

My feelings are already that its a fucking plague, only waiting that one more thing before I'll disown my account and go back to pirating EA games.

I just .. I can't .. how!?!? people do buy into this crap?! I guess they do  :unsure:

Do elaborate, because it's honestly a really good service.

COMIC SANS

Do elaborate, because it's honestly a really good service.

it really isn't

most of the games there are quite old and people already played them

if you look at the list, some of the games are outright useless - BF3, BF:H - why should you play those when there's BF4 

where's Star Wars Battlefront?! guess you need the big bucks to play that  <_<

where's Mass Effect?!

there's a chance that some games in that list can be found inside a bargain bin; and the kicker, if you terminate your sub, you lose the games

it really isn't

most of the games there are quite old and people already played them

if you look at the list, some of the games are outright useless - BF3, BF:H - why should you play those when there's BF4 

where's Star Wars Battlefront?! guess you need the big bucks to play that  <_<

where's Mass Effect?!

there's a chance that some games in that list can be found inside a bargain bin; and the kicker, if you terminate your sub, you lose the games

People would want to play those games for different maps and gameplay. Why would they put a brand new game on there for only 5 dollars? It's a business and not a charity. This is a good deal for those who haven't tried those games or are just getting into computer gaming. Even if they included Mass Effect you would just be complaining on how old and cheap it is anyway.

Please point me to ONE subscription service that lets you keep all the content when you cancel your subscription. It's a SUBSCRIPTION and not a SALE/BUNDLE.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

Please point me to ONE subscription service that lets you keep all the content when you cancel your subscription. It's a SUBSCRIPTION and not a SALE/BUNDLE.

Humble Monthly Bundle.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Humble Monthly Bundle.

That's not a real subscription. That's you prepaying for mystery items. That's more along the lines of loot crate. You're prepaying hoping you'll get good items for a better price that you normally would. A subscription service gives you access to everything at once, as long as you keep paying. When you sign up to Humble Bundle monthly (which I have as well), do you get access to every bundle they ever offered? No, therefore it's not comparable in this scenario.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

-snip-

and the kicker, if you terminate your sub, you lose the games

Because Netflix let's you keep every movie or TV show you stream. How is this even part of your argument?

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

That's not a real subscription. That's you prepaying for mystery items. That's more along the lines of loot crate. You're prepaying hoping you'll get good items for a better price that you normally would. A subscription service gives you access to everything at once, as long as you keep paying. When you sign up to Humble Bundle monthly (which I have as well), do you get access to every bundle they ever offered? No, therefore it's not comparable in this scenario.

Is it a subs? Yes

Are you getting games from it? Yes

Do you get to keep the games if you opt out? Yes

Is Origin Access a subs? Yes

Do you get to keep em after opt out? No

I would understand if it was a game streaming with every game in the library at your disposal like Onlive or the Nvidia one to put it the same context as Movie/Music subscription services, but it isn't. Just like HMB you have a limited amount of games, just like HMB you don't know what will be coming next, only difference: In one case you own the games you paid for, on the other you don't

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I read that title and threw up in my mouth a little.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Is it a subs? Yes

Do you get to keep the games if you opt out? Yes

Is Origin Access a subs? Yes

Do you get to keep em after opt out? No

I would understand if it was a game streaming with every game in the library at your disposal like Onlive or the Nvidia one to put it the same context as Movie/Music subscription services, but it isn't. Just like HMB you have a limited amount of games, just like HMB you don't know what will be coming next, only difference: In one case you own the games you paid for, on the other you don't

Sorry, it's not the same type of subscription. Because you don't get access to the older bundles if you subscribe today. Here Origin gives you the same amount or more whether you subscribe this month or next month. You're just pre-paying for a random bundle from Humble. What business sense would it make to let you keep the games? No one would keep the subscription then. Humble is different because you're paying full price up front. If you want to do a comparison, at least make it a fair one. To bring up other services like Online and Nvidia which did not have every game available. You might want to look it up again. I have way more games in my steam library alone than either offered. The difference with those is that you could only stream the games, you couldn't play those games on your own computer. So if you have bandwidth problems, good luck taking advantage of it.

So keep trying to defect and compare the two subscriptions. But anyone with common sense would be able to see the difference.

And only 4, maybe 5 are actually good.

EA is asking people to give their money to EA to beta test.

No it isn't those games being offered aren't in beta, this is a fantastic deal 15 games for only 5 rollers a month ? That's fantastic

If this was steam everyone would be cheering

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

No it isn't those games being offered aren't in beta, this is a fantastic deal 15 games for only 5 rollers a month ? That's fantastic

If this was steam everyone would be cheering

On Steam though you'd actually get to keep the games-if you didn't already own them.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Seems like a good deal if they get more games into their library and include all new releases.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

On Steam though you'd actually get to keep the games-if you didn't already own them.

Just another steam fan boy... Knew it! Somehow steam is so great even though all the recent news has been negative. 

Just another steam fan boy... Knew it! Somehow steam is so great even though all the recent news has been negative. 

Lmfao, I just said that you would at least be able to keep the games. I know that Valve has been screwing Steam up a lot.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

How do you know that? Valve wants to make money as much as any other company, they even tried to make you pay for mods. Besides, you can still buy the EA/Origin Access games independently if you want to keep them.

Actually this is a pretty good idea for grinders. for example a kid on summer holiday is easily going 100+ hours ingame per week or two weeks.. Id say its the kind of thing id sub to for a single month to grind out some of the games it offers especially with racing games which can be finished in 10 hours but would cost £40 if you bought them normally.

I'd sub for a month at a time if something catches my eye. Currently I see da:I and think that is worth a months subscription play to death and font renew.

I also just checked Origin. BF Hardline DE is 34.99, BF4 DE is 29.99 and DA Inquisition is 39.99. I'm sure you're getting the picture and I don't need to bother listing the prices for the other games. Where did $70 come from? Please tell me again how this is a bad deal. I would pay the sub fee just for DA Inquisition alone.

This I don't see why people see subscription and think they are locked into it for life think of it like rentals in fact this might pave the way for a proper rental market for pc games

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Just subscribed I'll play hours for just 3.99

Sorry, it's not the same type of subscription. Because you don't get access to the older bundles if you subscribe today. Here Origin gives you the same amount or more whether you subscribe this month or next month. You're just pre-paying for a random bundle from Humble. What business sense would it make to let you keep the games? No one would keep the subscription then. Humble is different because you're paying full price up front. If you want to do a comparison, at least make it a fair one. To bring up other services like Online and Nvidia which did not have every game available. You might want to look it up again. I have way more games in my steam library alone than either offered. The difference with those is that you could only stream the games, you couldn't play those games on your own computer. So if you have bandwidth problems, good luck taking advantage of it.

So keep trying to defect and compare the two subscriptions. But anyone with common sense would be able to see the difference.

It's funny that you mention Steam, because you actually don't own any of those games either. You only pay full prices for the licenses to play the game, in which Valve can choose to revoke at any time. If keeping the games you 'pay' for is truly a concern for you, you really should be more scared of Valve than EA's Access...

It's funny that you mention Steam, because you actually don't own any of those games either. You only pay full prices for the licenses to play the game, in which Valve can choose to revoke at any time. If keeping the games you 'pay' for is truly a concern for you, you really should be more scared of Valve than EA's Access...

I think you might have quoted the wrong person. Because I already mentioned that earlier in this thread. I'm all for EA Access, and against people thinking should keep the games after they unsubscribe from EA.