Watch_Dogs 2 may be released this year with radical changes

AlTech

I actually liked the first Watch_Dogs. I didn't love it, but I liked it. It definitely had some flaws, both in gameplay and story(which was pretty lame but still entertaining enough).

The greatest flaw was the main character or rather, his personality. Aiden was too freakin vengeful.

"You killed my niece...I blow up an entire fucking city and the criminals in it...for revenge".

That and the voice acting ruined Aiden.  The voice itself wasn't bad as tone and accent but it simply did not match Aiden's character. That's my point of view. 

I'll probably replay the game during summer and pick up the sequel, I just hope Ubisoft will focus more on a better story and character building for this franchise(can we call it like that yet?).

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

Didn't play the first one, won't play the second. Just like I've never played a single Assassins Creed game though my Step Dad owns them all.

Sorry but quite frankly I have this burning passion that I'll never buy another Ubisoft game until they dig that grave back up that they put themselves in.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I liked Watch_Dogs, it wasn't up to the hype, and prettiness, but it was still okay looking, and was fun while it lasted.  Hopefully they make things more.. 3D in this game.  Protagonist was rather uneventful.  Side-characters?  Wonderful!

I won't believe a word they say until we get a port report. Can't trust them after what happened with the original w_d and acu

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

There were plenty of aspects of Watch_Dogs I actually enjoyed. The core concept was cool. Slightly futuristic completely IoT city and you've got a bunch of hacking software. Funville!

Then it tried to copy GTA a little too much by making it another city murder simulator. I'm supposed to feel sorry for this Aidan guy because his niece died in a car crash? Uhhh he killed like 100 people today. And he's gonna kill another 100 tomorrow. Innovation? Naw, they could do better.

Then there were the technical problems that plagued my experience. Did they fix those? They weren't fixed by the time I was 30 hours in.

Then there was Uplay, godfuck that's the worst online game platform I've ever seen. Even GOG Galaxy Beta is better.

Honestly the most innovative, and more or less useless, thing about Watch_Dogs was the Android app that let you do little car chases where the app user was The Police. Had some legit fun with friends there. I had more fun in the optional missions hunting down apocalypse robots and other nonsense then trying to feel immersed in the main component of the game.

What would it take for me to get Watch_Dogs 2? Geez... I guess if it won GOTY 2016 from everyone (0.01% chance), or if UPlay DRM was removed and you could buy it from your platform of choice (0.00% chance).

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Didn't play the first one, won't play the second. Just like I've never played a single Assassins Creed game though my Step Dad owns them all.Sorry but quite frankly I have this burning passion that I'll never buy another Ubisoft game until they dig that grave back up that they put themselves in.

If you never played them then what reason do you have to hate them? Assassins creed was a pretty good series. It's starting to deteriorate but imo assassins creed II and brotherhood were amazing.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

If you never played them then what reason do you have to hate them? Assassins creed was a pretty good series. It's starting to deteriorate but imo assassins creed II and brotherhood were amazing.

I watched my Step Dad play through them. Agreed, Brotherhood out of them all is the best.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I hope to see it without downgrades, performance issues and huge bugs this time. I mean they have time and all. I really hope we get pass some disasters in gaming that happened.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Like it or not, Ubisoft is a pretty big game developer. Hate them all you want, you have every right to after a lot of their actions. However, you should not criticize a company for trying to do what everyone wants. Everyone wanted them to iron out bugs and make better games. Here they are, telling us they are trying that and you guys rip them a new one as if they just told us they would still release a pile of shit. In my opinion, that's fucking retarded.

Ubisoft are fucking Liars. Defending them is retarded.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Yay, another title with little challenge and one button hacking. Let's see how much they advertise the graphics this year, they sure blew us away with the graphics they showed last time. Right?

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Radical changes, good. 

I'm still only about half way through the first one after taking a much needed 12 month break from playing it. 

Watch_dogs 1 was indeed on paper a good game, and apart from running like an absolute potato, the game did show some nice new things i like.

The reason i don't play it anymore is just because the performance is awful. If it ran better i would play it more because it's a nice game.

Oh well, sadly ubisoft is on the case again and probably already ruining it, again... 

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I wouldnt say they got away with it. Syndicate was one of the lowest selling assassins creed games, solely due to their reputation. It was actually a good game. They are trying to redeem themselves. Or else it looks that way. Im not going to criticize them for that.

Syndicate has 1 big issue imho and that's the fact it's a bit too vram hungry.

Up to this point every game ran fine on a 560ti a friend of mine has. Apart from AC:S. That game just refuses to run with 1GB vram, and i think that's the issue.

A lot of gamers don't have a lot of money to spend and don't mind turning down the graphics to get 1080p 60fps, but with AC:S you just can't get it to run properly at all...

Even unity runs better D: So yes if you have a good rig with 2GB vram or more, it's fine, if you don't, you are screwed, even if you do have the gpu power it needs.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I bought the edition with all the DLC when it first came out. I found it incredibly bland. I played through the entire game and completed it and then promptly uninstalled it. A complete waste of money. I didn't even go back to play the DLC. Waste of time more then anything. It was just so underwhelming and bland.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Meh. Played the first one a little on my friend's xb1. Wasn't impressed with the gameplay, graphics aside. Felt like a cheap GTA clone.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Yet not in the Silicon Valley?

that would make for a boring game. It would be mostly highway driving xD

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Does Aiden Pierce move to SF or is this a new protagonist?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Syndicate has 1 big issue imho and that's the fact it's a bit too vram hungry.

Up to this point every game ran fine on a 560ti a friend of mine has. Apart from AC:S. That game just refuses to run with 1GB vram, and i think that's the issue.

A lot of gamers don't have a lot of money to spend and don't mind turning down the graphics to get 1080p 60fps, but with AC:S you just can't get it to run properly at all...

Even unity runs better D: So yes if you have a good rig with 2GB vram or more, it's fine, if you don't, you are screwed, even if you do have the gpu power it needs.

Thats hardly ubisoft's fault. As games become more demanding, more vram is expected. Larger textures and assets need to be rendered at a time. Syndicate had a ton of polygons considering the buildings and how many of them there are. Most modern games out there require more than 1gb of vram.

Only blame for that would be optimization, but I don't see that being the case this time around. It runs flawless for me. Even on 3 monitors on a single 970, it's playable. Using over my 4gb (3.5+.5)

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Thats hardly ubisoft's fault. As games become more demanding, more vram is expected. Larger textures and assets need to be rendered at a time. Syndicate had a ton of polygons considering the buildings and how many of them there are. Most modern games out there require more than 1gb of vram.

Only blame for that would be optimization, but I don't see that being the case this time around. It runs flawless for me. Even on 3 monitors on a single 970, it's playable. Using over my 4gb (3.5+.5)

Well it's the only game failing to run with 1GB of VRAM.

And atm it's the ONLY game i found that fails to run properly with 1Gb of VRAM.

The textures just fail to scale down properly. And amount of vram has nothing to do with amount of polygons and assets. The performance of the computer is fine and good enough to run most games at low-medium at 60fps 1080p. But AC:S just farts down all the way to 15fps because AC:S kept the textures too big.

If someone made a mod and make the textures smaller it would run just fine. 

Or if they included a proper way to just convert the textures to smaller ones that would be enough. There are VERY easy solutions, but a big stupid company as ubisoft are d*cks like we know and didn't bother.

And i'm not suprised it's running fine on a 970, that one has more than 1Gb of VRAM.

Myself i have a 6950, the 2GB edition, and that one runs AC:S just fine because the textures fit in the VRAM. And the 6950 performs quite similar to the 560ti. So again, nothing wrong with it's performance, but it looks once more that ubisoft didn't care enough imho about the pc gamers.

It's just that only 1 game fails to run properly with 1GB VRAM and it's a ubisoft game... 

I would absolutely love if they really took a one year break from Assassin's Creed and came back with a fantastic game.

Sorry, after them locking out graphics options and dumbing down the PC version Ubisoft has been so high on shit list that this just screams failed sequel.

nb4 ubisoft hate

Admittedly, disregarding their problems, Ubisoft is actually pretty innovative. It's almost as if they're overly ambitious. They set the bar too high and everyone whines when they can't reach it. I believe that's their main problem. On paper, Watch Dogs sounds fucking amazing. 

Frankly, I wish people would hop off all these bandwagons and be less bias. 

Not saying Ubisoft doesn't deserve the hate it got, but they're trying to turn themselves around and people need to give them credit for that. Syndicate was a well rounded game. And here they are saying they are going to do everything they can to avoid the problems in Watch_Dogs 2 that they had in 1.

I've said this before, I'm sure their employees who actually work on the games do take pride in their work. Of course there's some who don't give a shit, and those kinds of people are literally in every part of the work force.

I'll buy Watch Dogs 2 if they just build on what they had with the first one. The first one was a solid foundation that was held back by bugs, poor PC port issues (such as mouse and keyboard controls and the obvious graphical downgrade), and a super edgy storyline.

EDIT: Plus the game was original, at least to me. I haven't seen another game that allows you to go into the electronic world like you could in Watch Dogs, but provide an open world city experience similar to GTA.

If Uplay is ever mentioned in relation to this game it'll be another case of fuck Ubisoft.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Meh. Played the first one a little on my friend's xb1. Wasn't impressed with the gameplay, graphics aside. Felt like a cheap GTA clone.

Probably because you were playing it like it's a GTA clone, which it's not.

Probably because you were playing it like it's a GTA clone, which it's not.

I suppose. Regardless, it just never captured my attention. I've never been partial to all the faux "hacking" stuff. Just not a game that interests me. I know there are people who do like it and that's fine. Hope the new game turns out better than the first. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS