Watch_Dogs 2 may be released this year with radical changes

AlTech

Watch_Dogs 2, may be released later this year instead of Ubisoft's annual Assasins's Creed franchise offering.

Wow! I'm impressed. :)

Sources from website kotaku report that Watch Dogs 2 will possibly substitute this year’s Assassin’s Creed game...Ubisoft’s next Assassin’s Creed will probably skip 2016, and will be released at some point in 2017.

AND Watch_Dogs 2 may be set in....San Francisco? That's right, it might be set in San Francisco.

Watch Dogs 2 allegedly is set in San Francisco

AND it'll feature radical changes

This is what Ubisoft's Lionel Raynaud had to say about this:

“There are flaws, obviously. We absolutely want to tackle these flaws and surprise players, and the way to tackle some of those flaws is going to be quite radical. There are parts of the game that will need to change”. “This is quite a high ambition and will require us to develop technologies that we didn’t have for Watch Dogs 1, but this combined with fixing and refining what worked well is probably the way to go for Watch Dogs 2

Watch-Dogs-16-635x298.jpg

This is what Ubisoft originally said about Watch_Dogs in 2012 :

“Watch Dogs goes beyond the limits of today’s open-world games by giving players the ability to control an entire city,” said Jonathan Morin, creative director, Ubisoft.  “In Watch Dogs, anything connected to the city’s Central Operating System becomes a weapon.  By pushing the boundaries, we can provide players with action and access to information on a scale that’s never been seen in a video game before.”

COOL! Awesome! I must be in that 1% of people who played Watch_Dogs, thought it was gorgeous, loved the mechanics, loved the story, but wanted a sequel.

Leave a comment below!

Source - http://wccftech.com/watch-dogs-2-set-in-san-francisco-and-might-well-release-later-this-year/

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

nb4 ubisoft hate

Admittedly, disregarding their problems, Ubisoft is actually pretty innovative. It's almost as if they're overly ambitious. They set the bar too high and everyone whines when they can't reach it. I believe that's their main problem. On paper, Watch Dogs sounds fucking amazing. 

Frankly, I wish people would hop off all these bandwagons and be less bias. 

Not saying Ubisoft doesn't deserve the hate it got, but they're trying to turn themselves around and people need to give them credit for that. Syndicate was a well rounded game. And here they are saying they are going to do everything they can to avoid the problems in Watch_Dogs 2 that they had in 1.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I played Watch_Dogs for about 45 minutes, hated it and uninstalled it. Haven't played it since.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Cant wait for the Fake Gameplay and Marketing Bullshit.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

nb4 ubisoft hate

Admittedly, disregarding their problems, Ubisoft is actually pretty innovative. It's almost as if they're overly ambitious. They set the bar too high and everyone whines when they can't reach it. I believe that's their main problem. On paper, Watch Dogs sounds fucking amazing. 

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Cant wait for the Fake Gameplay and Marketing Bullshit.

What? No. Come on! If only the America modernized it's legal system and introduced "Class Action Bullshit".

And FYI - The graphics shown at E3 2012 were running on the best Nvidia could make in 2012 (so probably dual 690s).

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I have the game. I don't need a review. It's terrible. I said and quote, "On paper, watch dogs sounds fucking amazing."

It had potential. I didn't say it lived up to it.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

They earned all the hate and more over the years. They even managed to fuck up Tetris. And innovative.... Almost every game has towers to climb, is open world, has the same combat system which hasn't evolved in the slightest since they introduced it in Assassins Creed (aka invincible block QTE). And promising things and then not living up to their self marketed hype and hating them for that is pretty legit. 

I was still editing when you quoted me. Go back and read my OP. Addressed every rebuttal already.

Like it or not, Ubisoft is a pretty big game developer. Hate them all you want, you have every right to after a lot of their actions. However, you should not criticize a company for trying to do what everyone wants. Everyone wanted them to iron out bugs and make better games. Here they are, telling us they are trying that and you guys rip them a new one as if they just told us they would still release a pile of shit. In my opinion, that's fucking retarded. 

While I did enjoy watch dogs and played it the whole way through.... it was easy and immediately after completion the game was worthless. 

I did find parts of the story pretty cool and the idea of the game was nice. It just did not live up to the hype that Ubisoft created.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Honestly I didn't care about the gameplay, I just wanted to play it because of the graphics but then ... the graphics look terrible compared to the preview so I gave up and didn't buy it.

After what happened with the original, I don't even think people should consider pirating this game for a test run let alone purchase it as a legitimate product. Out of curiosity I'm going to watch the first youtube 'let's play' I can find and let the series die. The story of the original was alright, but the performance and gameplay were quite disapointing, not to mention Ubishit handled the entire HD texture ordeal HORRIBLY. I've pretty much decided that Ubisoft isn't getting a dime out of me until I re-evaluate them in 2020, when someone can't get their act together them best thing you can do is ignore them and hope they grow up.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

While the first one wasn't as polished as the GTA franchise, I give them forgiveness because it was the first installment. Given time and further development, I am sure things will change. I wasn't one of the people who got all bent out of shape about the graphics, because marketing always makes things look better than they actually are, and I expected it. I also do not expect to get the same results on anything less than top-of-the-line gear.

I just hope they worked on the driving, because that was the biggest disappointment in that game. When you try to do "GTA with hacking" you really owe it to your customers to actually develop the driving aspect properly, rather than just throwing cars into a modified version of Assassin's Creed.

~Cynical~

Great. Watch dogs without the game breaking bugs was a great game. Captured the setting of a city pretty well. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I have the game. I don't need a review. It's terrible. I said and quote, "On paper, watch dogs sounds fucking amazing."

It had potential. I didn't say it lived up to it.

On paper , Watch Dogs has these objectives:

• Appeal to an 18-30-ish user base
  • Follow Ubisoft's Open World design
  • The game is about hackers, or information society, or cyberpunk or...something like that.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

And all the points aren't exclusive to Ubi, I think it is a general problem of the gamesindustry. And they seem to be the only industry that get's away with all the unfinished and promised shit. They rake in the money while (openly) crapping on the consumers. WB, EA, Ubi, Valve (not as much as a developer, but as a service) all are terrible and far from redemption. But if they show that they are willing to change, I am all up for it.

I wouldnt say they got away with it. Syndicate was one of the lowest selling assassins creed games, solely due to their reputation. It was actually a good game. They are trying to redeem themselves. Or else it looks that way. Im not going to criticize them for that.

A Ubisoft game that isn't shown 2 years before launch so it can be downgraded? What is this?!

If anything, I don't expect more than a teaser, and a delay to 2018.

144Hz goodness

On paper , Watch Dogs has these objectives:

• Appeal to an 18-30-ish user base
  • Follow Ubisoft's Open World design
  • The game is about hackers, or information society, or cyberpunk or...something like that.
dynamic world that can be changed by the player is the main point. There was a lot of hype before the game released. Youre telling me that everyone who got excited for the game didn't have any reason to be?

Even after i finished the game i enjoyed making car crashes happen, cars catching on fire and blowing up etc. I think the level of destructibility is one of the areas where Watch_Dogs actually has GTAV beat. Log onto both games right now take out an assault rifle and circle around a car pumping a few full clips into the cars and watch the explosions/damage, as other people have said it was the first installment of a new franchise so they deserve some slack for that.

I'm really looking forward to seeing whats in store for the title. 

I wouldnt say they got away with it. Syndicate was one of the lowest selling assassins creed games, solely due to their reputation. It was actually a good game. They are trying to redeem themselves. Or else it looks that way. Im not going to criticize them for that.

Arguably, Syndicate is one of the lowest selling of the series due to the lack of major changes in the series and slow decrease of interest into the yearly releasing series. I really hope they mix Assassin's creed mechanics and Watch dogs, since I've always wanted a scifi/modern-ish themed Assassin's Creed game, instead of all the historical time frames. The systems they have are amazing, though I'd really like them to make something else with it.

dynamic world that can be changed by the player is the main point. There was a lot of hype before the game released. Youre telling me that everyone who got excited for the game didn't have any reason to be?

That's contained by the open world formula.