Dave :)
1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

It has no indicator LEDs

Sounds like the XT version? 

Write in C.

2 hours ago, Inx said:

\

love that mac you got <3 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Then we have this. The best keyboard ever made.

Now if only someone would release a mechanical keyboard with a screen that hasn't gone bankrupt :-(

image.png.0c736f0585ac5285e42fb0b02dfc0816.png

So I am looking for some help.  I am looking for a wireless keyboard that is mechanical.  I would like for it to be backlight, be able to recharge via USB cable of some sort.  It must have a number pad as well. I am currently using a Logitech  WIRELESS ILLUMINATED KEYBOARD K800 as my current keyboard.  I would like the mechanical keyboard to be similar to that.  Any help would be great.  

9 hours ago, starsarethebest9 said:

So I am looking for some help.  I am looking for a wireless keyboard that is mechanical.  I would like for it to be backlight, be able to recharge via USB cable of some sort.  It must have a number pad as well. I am currently using a Logitech  WIRELESS ILLUMINATED KEYBOARD K800 as my current keyboard.  I would like the mechanical keyboard to be similar to that.  Any help would be great.  

My current suggestion would have to be the Drevo Joyeuse. It is a wireless low profile mechanical keyboard using the new Kailh Choc switches. It is aluminum, bluetooth, white backlit with RGB underglow, and doubleshot keycaps. That being said, the board is somewhat hard to find as it sold out almost immediately after being launched due to the popularity. 

On 8/6/2018 at 2:30 AM, iamdarkyoshi said:

IMG_20180804_221904_955.thumb.jpg.96b633c350e3ff756082cc12aa71157f.jpg

:shrug:

I actually think this may have been one of the earliest models, where it was either the Gen 1 AT, or a terminal board. At the time, the protocol the IBM terminals used didnt support the computer talking to the keyboard, so lock lights were an impossibility unless all the control for that was onboard. 

Also, this is my board. This board is what is called a Mech27 v2 WKL TKL. This board was run in a group buy about a year ago, and is made entirely of aluminum. I built this as a kit, using west German vintage Cherry MX black switches, some of the smoothest stock switches I have ever used. On top of that, I am using vintage Cherry G81-3000 SAV russian dye sublimed keycaps. Add a few artisans, and that is my setup. Amazing keyfeel, really nice sound due to the brass mounting plate, and the board weighs over 10 pounds, which is a neat novelty. 

V9r7rN1.jpg

17 minutes ago, Kollective_MK said:

I actually think this may have been one of the earliest models, where it was either the Gen 1 AT, or a terminal board. At the time, the protocol the IBM terminals used didnt support the computer talking to the keyboard, so lock lights were an impossibility unless all the control for that was onboard. 

The interesting thing is that the usual model M PS/2 cables work fine with it, and I did see an unused header inside which may have been for an LED board.

:thonking:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 1:58 PM, EL3M4N14 said:

Hello I would like to modify a keyboard with blue switches (cherrys or knockoffs) for my dad. He can't see the font of the keys too well, so I was wondering if there are any key caps out there with large transparent font so that back light can still go trough them. I am looking for a font like the one in this video at (LTT Cheap $25 Backlit Keyboard Round Up!) 5:33.

Any help is appreciated thanks. 

you mean pbt keycaps?

Reconciling Physics and Poetry

Hey everyone!

My Razer Blackwidow (2014) hasnt been working properly for some weeks now. When I press some keys, those keys are typed 2 or sometimes 3 times.

I've got 2 questions.

1. Is there a way to fix it?

2. What other mechanical keyboard you recommend?

I've already done all the steps that Razer support told me to do, but seems to be a hardware failure.

I'm fed up with Razer. I'm on my 3rd mouse because the last 2 had problems, but as Im in Argentina, I don't have many options to choose from, so I just went for what I thought that was good (good marketing). In 2 months I'm going to the US so I'll have an entire world of possibilities to choose from.

On 07/09/2018 at 5:54 AM, demilp said:

Hey everyone!

My Razer Blackwidow (2014) hasnt been working properly for some weeks now. When I press some keys, those keys are typed 2 or sometimes 3 times.

I've got 2 questions.

1. Is there a way to fix it?

2. What other mechanical keyboard you recommend?

I've already done all the steps that Razer support told me to do, but seems to be a hardware failure.

I'm fed up with Razer. I'm on my 3rd mouse because the last 2 had problems, but as Im in Argentina, I don't have many options to choose from, so I just went for what I thought that was good (good marketing). In 2 months I'm going to the US so I'll have an entire world of possibilities to choose from.

In terms of your keyboard, it's most likely you have key chatter. The way you can solve this is to find a program which is free online which changes the pulling rate on your keys, so that they are delayed. Razer products aren't that good imo, especially considering that  you are on is your 3rd mouse. You should go for Logitech or Corsair for mouses

On 8/17/2018 at 3:21 PM, starsarethebest9 said:

Full-sized wireless mechanical keyboards are limited in options. The only ones I can think of are Logitech G613, and Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 (extremely difficult to find and pricey).

Many options in 60% keyboard. They are surprisingly more comfortable than full or TKL imo.

so i'd like to ask a question of preference, i've been using a laptop for both work and gaming for a few years now and i've grown used to and love the short travel and flat profile of my laptop keyboard (lenovo z40-75), since it bottoms out with relative ease and gives a good positive click every time, but i've also been planning to build a gaming desktop pc in the near future with a mechanical keyboard to complete the package, is there a mechanical keyboard or switch type that would have similar features?, since i remember my childhood with long travel, wobbly and mushy membrane and it makes me shiver to go back to that

3 hours ago, JorgeUllCH said:

so i'd like to ask a question of preference, i've been using a laptop for both work and gaming for a few years now and i've grown used to and love the short travel and flat profile of my laptop keyboard (lenovo z40-75), since it bottoms out with relative ease and gives a good positive click every time, but i've also been planning to build a gaming desktop pc in the near future with a mechanical keyboard to complete the package, is there a mechanical keyboard or switch type that would have similar features?, since i remember my childhood with long travel, wobbly and mushy membrane and it makes me shiver to go back to that

Hexgears X-1, Tesoro Gram or the HAVIT Keyboard.

• 2 weeks later...

My brand new Tada 68 with silver aluminum case and Gateron Red Switches. 

I did swapped out the blank keycaps. And asked for the original one. I will post more pic when I received it! 

IMG_0473.thumb.jpg.d08bfc4a6a264d01b9669d0347fffa31.jpgIMG_0474.thumb.jpg.4f4bb6d50595a1f4f5b3ef56b2147748.jpgIMG_0475.thumb.jpg.88a0c3240d6ffdc9ef9421662cb332db.jpgIMG_0476.thumb.jpg.f5358b2ccde52784e20db2ae2fe64145.jpgIMG_0477.thumb.jpg.74490663d3b0f016feb9068000a4341d.jpg

The keyboard is really well made. And this is the 1st time I am using Gateron Red. And holy balls it feels so light and without any sort of tack-tile feedback. 

Exactly what I needed. 

Thanks for the suggestion: @geo3

1 hour ago, NowakVulpix said:

Oh hello how did I not see this?

I kind of wish I didn't. Now I'm heavily tempted to make my own. Muh money!

1 minute ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I kind of wish I didn't. Now I'm heavily tempted to make my own. Muh money!

It is too late.

I'm using my beatufil Corsair Strafe RGB with Cherry reds.

No mod done since... well, RGB with iCUE
What do you guys think, should i upgrade to the strafe mk2?

So, anyone got any tactile keyswitches you'd recommend? They must be plate-mounted and preferably not clicky (clicky is fine but I'd prefer more silent switches).

3 hours ago, NowakVulpix said:

So, anyone got any tactile keyswitches you'd recommend? They must be plate-mounted and preferably not clicky (clicky is fine but I'd prefer more silent switches).

All switch can be plate mounted, even those that say PCB mount. IMO Zealios are best, with Kailh Burnt Orange and Kailh Pro Purple and lubed MX Clears close behind.