Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

its quick and easy with a proper wire keypuller. What I find more fun is playing the keyboard alphabet once your done.

I just keep them in the same order as pluck them. Makes getting them all back in their right place a breeze.

Or else I would have just used my Ducky YotH :D

I'd like to try a G910, but there's nowhere near me that has mechanical keyboards in both variety and sampling numbers.

I know, I ran into the same problem.  No Best buy in my area has them in stock, so I just went for it and got it off Amazon.

Honestly I was a little worried about the key caps, but I can say without a doubt, they aren't as bad as people are making them out to be.  It actually feels more comfortable to me than regularly shaped caps.  I haven't found my fingers catching on the edges or anything like that, despite what Linus said about it.  I also find this keyboard to be very comfortable to type on, not just game.

I can't say enough about the switches!  They register right at the top of the keypress so you don't need to bottom out the key and they are extremely quiet for a mechanical.  They don't have as much tactile feedback as I would have thought, but they still feel really nice imo.  I am really happy with my purchase, great keyboard.

So as @SeriouslyMikey asked for it, here's a picture of my new keyboard

ZN4A08r.jpg

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

So as @SeriouslyMikey asked for it, here's a picture of my new keyboard

Full size or no? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Full size or no? 

Full size indeed.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Full size indeed.

I must congratulate you on not going the Corsair Vengeance route. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I must congratulate you on not going the Corsair Vengeance route. 

As nice as it looks, I wanted MX blues and corsair have issues with the LEDs dying, so I thought I'd go for something built like a tank instead.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

As nice as it looks, I wanted MX blues and corsair have issues with the LEDs dying, so I thought I'd go for something built like a tank instead.

And you missed the Filco. Tut, tut. ;) 

And you missed the Filco. Tut, tut. ;)

Well filco don't have backlighting, so they were ruled out pretty quickly  :P

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Well filco don't have backlighting, so they were ruled out pretty quickly  :P

Pfft, don't even need keycap printing. ;) 

Loving my first mech (pok3r with blue :)). Wish LMG would do reviews on less "mainstream" keyboards and more enthusiast stuff like 60% and ortholinears.

Got my first mech keyboard 4 days ago and it's a razer blackwidow ultimate 2013 edition with cherry MX blues (yup, last year for Razer to use cherry switches before switching to kailh switches :P). Usually I would avoid razer products as they are over-priced and not the best built but for 65 pounds, brand new, it was a deal that was stupid to miss...and this still has a year of warranty through the seller and not Razer themselves...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

KInda want to buy a 60% like a pok3r, but I know I don't need it just yet xD.

Planning on buying some blank keycaps for my DS4 from massdrop. Hopefully UK import tax isn't too expensive.

Ordered a K95 Red . Saturday delivery. Can't wait! 

CPU: Intel i7 4930k 5Ghz RAM: GSkill Trident X 2400Mhz MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition  GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC 2067Mhz PSU: Corsair AX1200i Case: Coolermaster C700P 

Cooling: Corsair H100i with 2 ML120s & 4 HD140s

SSDs: 1.75TB Samsung SSD's + 10TB HDD'sOS: Windows 10 Insiders Build Fast Ring - Monitors: Asus PB287Q 4K  -  Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum MX Brown 

Audio: Asus Xonar STX + Senn HD650

yeeaahhh!!! i'm sooooo over the mechanical keyboard  <_<

what? just cant afford one I assume? (or think you cant)

yeeaahhh!!! i'm sooooo over the mechanical keyboard  <_<

Any particular reason why? 

Picked up a K70 with MX Brown switches. I contemplated buying a K65 but I didn't like the feel of reds for typing.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

I just got the Logitech G710+ Cherry Brown and a Razer Orbweaver gamming keypad Cherry Blue. but website says Razer Green Switch.

I just got the G710+ 2 days ago, I came from the Logitech G510 circuit board so its a change for me getting used to it but I am liking it very much. :wub:

Changed up a Razer Blackwidow Tourney Ed. just because.

Is the casing aluminum ? Any flex in it ?

Is the casing aluminum ? Any flex in it ?

Nope, it's just the stock plastic shell, that I painted Gunmetal Grey (Top shell) & Brunswick Green (bottom shell).

It's just a cheap used board I picked up, that I cleaned up and fixed, and had to paint to cover up the sanding that was done.

I got a K95 on Saturday and some of the keys feel different to the main keys the G Keys feel more rugged and are harder to press down slightly. I wonder if i have a Brown macro set added on to a red keyboard. Anyone else notice this ? 

CPU: Intel i7 4930k 5Ghz RAM: GSkill Trident X 2400Mhz MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition  GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC 2067Mhz PSU: Corsair AX1200i Case: Coolermaster C700P 

Cooling: Corsair H100i with 2 ML120s & 4 HD140s

SSDs: 1.75TB Samsung SSD's + 10TB HDD'sOS: Windows 10 Insiders Build Fast Ring - Monitors: Asus PB287Q 4K  -  Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum MX Brown 

Audio: Asus Xonar STX + Senn HD650