Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

either someone that is competent with electronics repair or someone that works on keyboards more then likely someone you find on a forum

you seem to work on keyboards and be on a forum.

Want to fix it? :)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

you seem to work on keyboards and be on a forum.

Want to fix it? :)

I'm not opposed to looking at it. PM me sometime if you decide you want me to look at it for you.

I really need to take some better photos of this keyboard I'm making for @Vitalius

MtcNy2P.jpg

ibPWzuk.jpg

Yes, yes you do. Get some natural lighting man. Best money can't buy!

Razer deathadder, didn't had any problems with it so far.

That sir is a mouse and belongs in a different thread.

That sir is a mouse and belongs in a different thread.

Oh my god, i feel so stupid.. I wanted to write deathstalker!

13740e3da3f3e41537e6800a262a1a2a.jpg

~snip~

But that's not a mechanical keyboard... :3

But that's not a mechanical keyboard... :3

There's the feeling again.. Well off yo buy a new keyboard!

Regardless, I hope that you enjoy your (new?) keyboard.

Hey some people like scissor switches. I personally wouldn't know if Razer's are any good though.

Hey some people like scissor switches. I personally wouldn't know if Razer's are any good though.

Regarding my purchase of the deathstalker, i didn't put much effort in research for this keyboard, i asked my friends around mostly and i went for it, in the past weeks i felt like i wanted something more than a good looking keyboard, corsair k70 mx brown is probably my pick

Cool thread. I'm currently using a Logitech G710+, but I personally like the feel/sound of blue switches over browns, so I'm getting a new keyboard soon. I ordered an E-Element RGB Keyboard (black version) off of Massdrop. It uses a knock-off switch made by a Chinese company called Outemu (OTM), but from the few reviews I've seen of it, it seems like a pretty solid product at a reasonable price ($79.99 + 10 for shipping). Maybe I'll post an update after using it a little if you guys are interested in getting a short review on it.

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595

Anybody knows when the K65 RGB comes to Europe? Currently bought a K30 as a temporarily keyboard, not bad for 39.99

1380790911.png

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Hey guys. Do any of you know if there exist a file of a paper cutout for the K70 rgb? I would like the LEDs to be a bit brighter, and a white (paper) background would have been a great solution.

I'd just take a plate design PDF and print it on paper and then cut out the switch openings.

Anybody knows when the K65 RGB comes to Europe? Currently bought a K30 as a temporarily keyboard, not bad for 39.99

I'm able to buy it where I am from. Check around some more?

13740e3da3f3e41537e6800a262a1a2a.jpg

I mean there is a Deathadder in the picture on the right...

Any good budget mechanical keyboards? I feel wierd giving 200 euro for the k70 mx brown

Any good budget mechanical keyboards? I feel wierd giving 200 euro for the k70 mx brown

What kind of switches are you looking for? What about the size of the board? I don't know about prices/availability in Europe, but some good budget mechanical boards in the US are the Thermaltake Poseidon Z or ZX, Rosewill Helios, and CM Storm QuickFire. Azio also has some budget mechanical keyboards which seem quite popular on Amazon. If you're looking for a direct alternative to the k70, the Logitech G710+ would be a good choice, and I often see it for under $70 USD on Slickdeals. There are also some affordable boards from obscure Asian companies that you can order off Massdrop, such as the E-Element RGB Keyboard, Noppoo Lolita Spyder (also available on Amazon), and E-3LUE K727. Since you didn't specify what kind of board you were looking for, there's a mix of full size and TKL boards in this list, as well as boards which use authentic or knock-off switches (Kailh or Outemu only, I believe). IMO, there isn't a big enough difference between the knock-off switches and Cherry ones (besides maybe longevity, a question which is still up for grabs since it has not yet been tested) to justify the high prices of Cherry MX boards, so you shouldn't worry much about getting a non Cherry MX board, especially if price is a concern.

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL

FOReUMT.jpg

Telling bad jokes since 1996

Intel i5 3470/ Asus P8B75-V / 8GB 1333mhz cheap ass Kingston Ram  / XFX R9 390 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB / Crucial MX 100 256GB / Antec EA650W / Samsung SyncMaster P2370 / Steelseries Apex [RAW] / Logitech G400s / NZXT Phantom White / Moto G 2015 8GB

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL

FOReUMT.jpg

I might not say that but ok.

I might not say that but ok.

oddly looks like a keyboard designed for children but i dont really care for back-lights anyways

oddly looks like a keyboard designed for children but i dont really care for back-lights anyways

Kinda looks like Starburst [emoji14]