Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

i wish i could find a mechanical kb i like :( im using a cyborg v7 atm. i need my media keys, macros and backlight

i wish i could find a mechanical kb i like :( im using a cyborg v7 atm. i need my media keys, macros and backlight

What about the G710+? Or the G910 Orion Spark?

What about the G710+? Or the G910 Orion Spark?

thank you, i must have missed them ill get the 910 on monday

After using a Logitech G510 for years I have finally ascended to the K70 RGB Red MX. My god what a difference, I just want to type everything out haha. I wish I knew how to use the corsair program a little better. But I love this keyboard, worth the money.

cKgas7G.jpg

Anyone have opinions about the Razer Blackwidow tournament edition (clicky variant)? It's pretty much the cheapest mech in my country (Latvia) except the Quickfire Xt but it has only MX Reds and I don't like them because they require so little pressure and weight to activate them. Even typing on a rubber dome keyboard, I usually tend to press the keys accidentaly becuase of the pressure I put on them. My other keyswitch options are MX Browns and Blacks.

Any opinions/suggestions?

All are welcome and awaited.

Also, how's my english? It's not my native language so I'm very interested in what native english speakers think of me and my english.

Anyone have opinions about the Razer Blackwidow tournament edition (clicky variant)? It's pretty much the cheapest mech in my country (Latvia) except the Quickfire Xt but it has only MX Reds and I don't like them because they require so little pressure and weight to activate them. Even typing on a rubber dome keyboard, I usually tend to press the keys accidentaly becuase of the pressure I put on them. My other keyswitch options are MX Browns and Blacks.

Any opinions/suggestions?

All are welcome and awaited.

Also, how's my english? It's not my native language so I'm very interested in what native english speakers think of me and my english.

I have typed on this keyboard, as my friend has it. The switches are very heavy. Heavier than Cherry MX Greens. Since you type so heavily you might like them. They are also about as loud if not a little louder than the MX blues on my Ducky Shine 3. If you get the Chroma Edition of the Tournament, the lighting is pretty limited, but it is very easy to configure. If I could make a recommendation I would suggest a Ducky (I have one currently and it is honestly the best purchase I've made) or something custom from WASD keyboards, if they ship internationally. As for your English, it's not bad. There are some people on the Internet that don't type legible sentences.

EDIT: Also, if you happen to find a Model M, definitely pick it up. The buckling spring switches are even heavier, plus the reputation behind this keyboard is regarded as the highest.

got some work done today on @Vitalius' keyboard and numpad that I'm making for him

GA2NBda.jpg

made some spacers and feet for it as well as cleaned up the stainless so it looks better. Soon it will start looking more like a keyboard lol

oh btw I'm making you a numpad as well vitalius lol

got some work done today on @Vitalius' keyboard and numpad that I'm making for him

made some spacers and feet for it as well as cleaned up the stainless so it looks better. Soon it will start looking more like a keyboard lol

oh btw I'm making you a numpad as well vitalius lol

Oh yay. :D Numpads are awesome. Thanks. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

stuck some switches, stabilizers and keycaps on the numpad plate

8hg6U4x.jpg

That keyboard will look cool.

I really need to start getting/making/modding my new keyboard, even more keys ae dying. qrl3 and others.

I might just pull out my massive unicomp model m for now

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

d2C7VcX.jpg

Noppoo Spyder Brown switch, TKL 

Penguins or something random

Spoiler

(Main) Liquid Shadow V3 CPU: 5960x@ 4.7, Mobo: EVGA X99 Classified,RAM:G.Skill 16Gb 2666 ,GPU: 2 GTX 980Ti ClassifiedsPSUEvga Supernova 1000G1,Storage: Sandisk Ultra 2 480gb, WD Blue 1tb x3Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 25th Anniversary Edition 

Liquid Shadow V1 CPU4790k@ 4.7, Mobo: MSI Z87X-Power,RAM:G.Skill Sniper 16Gb OC@1866 ,GPU:  2 Sapphire 290x's watercooled, PSUEvga Supernova 1000G1,Storage: Sandisk Ultra 2 480gb, WD Blue 1tbCase: Cooler Master HAF X

Extra Rig: Cpu: 4790k@4.7, Mobo: MSI Z87X-Power, Ram: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance/G.Skill Sniper,  GPU: 3 GTX Titans, Psu: Evga Supernova 1300G2, Storage: Case: Cooler Master HAF X

(First Rig)The Enforcer: CPU: FX 8350@ 4.6,Mobo: Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3,RAM: HyperX 8gb @2133,GPU: Diamond Multi Media r9 290,PSU: XFX XTR 750, Storage: Adata Premier SP550 480gb, Case: HAF 912

Peripherals Razer Naga Epic Original, Razer Deathadder,Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, Logitech G13, HyperX Cloud  

ok im gunna trust you guys, ok so i cant find any shop in AU that has mech keyboards on display and the sampler kits are like 40$+ aka about 1/4th of the keyboard price so i need a keyboard for gaming and typing as im a student (gotta love 3000+ word essays am i right) and i have heavy hands (big hands) ive mainly been using laptop keyborads and regular rubber dome ones so any suggestions?

ok im gunna trust you guys, ok so i cant find any shop in AU that has mech keyboards on display and the sampler kits are like 40$+ aka about 1/4th of the keyboard price so i need a keyboard for gaming and typing as im a student (gotta love 3000+ word essays am i right) and i have heavy hands (big hands) ive mainly been using laptop keyborads and regular rubber dome ones so any suggestions?

Generally, Blues are the best for typing, but if you live with people, then you might want to get browns as they much much quieter, but have the same tactile bump as blues do.

That being said, it is best to try each switch for yourself. You can buy one of these and they ship to Australia. Which ever switch you like best, you should buy :P

stuck some switches, stabilizers and keycaps on the numpad plate

8hg6U4x.jpg

Mind sending me the files for the numpad? and what pcb are you using? beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Generally, Blues are the best for typing, but if you live with people, then you might want to get browns as they much much quieter, but have the same tactile bump as blues do.

That being said, it is best to try each switch for yourself. You can buy one of these and they ship to Australia. Which ever switch you like best, you should buy :P

I agree, with going with either Blues or Browns. Browns is always a safe bet.

Also, the sampler is too expensive. 15 USD + 10 shipping is upwards of 30 AUD :(

Blues and browns are the way to go. Can't really go wrong with Browns, but if you don't mind the loudness, then Blues are cool.

Many of the Razer keyboards are available in major retailers like JB, EB etc, and have a little cutout for testing. If you try those Green switches, that is very similar to the feel of Cherry MX Blues. 

Mind sending me the files for the numpad? and what pcb are you using? beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

I may look for the files later since I combined them in a larger order but I will link to the tools I used to design it. As for the pcb I don't have one to use for it since all the numpad pcbs I have seen have another row on top and since I'm making it to match a 60% they would all look wrong. I will hand wire the matrixs and hook it up to a arduino pro micro that will be running tmk firmware.

I used http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/ for its raw data that was then entered into swills plate building tool to design the plates

Those are SIP sockets. So you can change the LEDs without de-soldering.

Where do i get such a device as that's pretty darn cool. I might do it on my KMAC Happy + KPAD

Where do i get such a device as that's pretty darn cool. I might do it on my KMAC Happy + KPAD

all over the interwebs.... if you had paid attention to geekhack you would know of this things lol

all over the interwebs.... if you had paid attention to geekhack you would know of this things lol

you know i dont do that anymore, I barely have time to pay attention here. Arnt you my link to GH now?

you know i dont do that anymore, I barely have time to pay attention here. Arnt you my link to GH now?

probably but I'm not that interested in back lighting so that kind of thing wouldn't get relayed lol

probably but I'm not that interested in back lighting so that kind of thing wouldn't get relayed lol

When on GH from now on think like your browsing for yourself and I :P

When on GH from now on think like your browsing for yourself and I :P

I mainly just scroll through the pretty images in the "making stuff together!"

I have typed on this keyboard, as my friend has it. The switches are very heavy. Heavier than Cherry MX Greens. Since you type so heavily you might like them. They are also about as loud if not a little louder than the MX blues on my Ducky Shine 3. If you get the Chroma Edition of the Tournament, the lighting is pretty limited, but it is very easy to configure. If I could make a recommendation I would suggest a Ducky (I have one currently and it is honestly the best purchase I've made) or something custom from WASD keyboards, if they ship internationally. As for your English, it's not bad. There are some people on the Internet that don't type legible sentences.

EDIT: Also, if you happen to find a Model M, definitely pick it up. The buckling spring switches are even heavier, plus the reputation behind this keyboard is regarded as the highest.

Thanks for answering!

Wow, mechanical keyboards are really expensive!

I just realised myself, I'll probably need the numpad and that makes it even more expensive.

Probably will have to do some type test just to see how it is to actually type on one, instead of just drooling over them.

I probably won't be able to get a Model M, because either : The price for the keyboard is good, but the shipping + import fees make up more than 100 euros.

Any suggestions where to buy Ducky keyboards?Backlight isn't needed because I'll mostly be playing games with a controller, but some games are better with a keyboard, plus I want a very pleasant typing experience for projects. (I'm 15, so yeah, many projects through the years.) Tigerimports.net doesn't seem to have Ducky keyboards (especially the Zero keyboards), which are the cheap end. Damn.