Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Thanks for answering!

Wow, mechanical keyboards are really expensive!

I just realised myself, I'll probably need the numpad and that makes it even more expensive.

Probably will have to do some type test just to see how it is to actually type on one, instead of just drooling over them.

I probably won't be able to get a Model M, because either : The price for the keyboard is good, but the shipping + import fees make up more than 100 euros.

Any suggestions where to buy Ducky keyboards?Backlight isn't needed because I'll mostly be playing games with a controller, but some games are better with a keyboard, plus I want a very pleasant typing experience for projects. (I'm 15, so yeah, many projects through the years.) Tigerimports.net doesn't seem to have Ducky keyboards (especially the Zero keyboards), which are the cheap end. Damn.

I wasn't able to find a retailer that sells Ducky keyboards internationally, but I know for a fact that Cooler Master makes some great keyboards. Here is one on Amazon that will ship internationally: http://www.amazon.com/Storm-Trigger-Mechanical-Detachable-Dedicated/dp/B00O0NV5PW/ref=sr_1_34?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1436877336&sr=1-34&refinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin%3A3242350011%2Cp_36%3A1253506011

It has Cherry MX Blue switches, which are much heavier than a regular membrane keyboard, but they feel slightly lighter than a Cherry MX Green or Razer Green switch. Plus, it has the number pad that you wanted and trust me, Cooler Master makes some great products. There are also Filco TKL keyboards on Amazon's international shipping stuff, but they are very pricey and it's hard to find the one you want. Let me know what you think!

Would anyone know if I can run LEDs off the 5V pin on the back of my infinity PCB? I'm just afraid that by drawing too much current from that pin, I screw up my keyboard in some fashion.

I wasn't able to find a retailer that sells Ducky keyboards internationally, but I know for a fact that Cooler Master makes some great keyboards. Here is one on Amazon that will ship internationally: http://www.amazon.com/Storm-Trigger-Mechanical-Detachable-Dedicated/dp/B00O0NV5PW/ref=sr_1_34?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1436877336&sr=1-34&refinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin%3A3242350011%2Cp_36%3A1253506011

It has Cherry MX Blue switches, which are much heavier than a regular membrane keyboard, but they feel slightly lighter than a Cherry MX Green or Razer Green switch. Plus, it has the number pad that you wanted and trust me, Cooler Master makes some great products. There are also Filco TKL keyboards on Amazon's international shipping stuff, but they are very pricey and it's hard to find the one you want. Let me know what you think!

Thanks for the find! It's still more expensive than any other keyboard than I've looked at :( . It's really nice and full of features though.

I've found a Quickfire XT that is less expensive than any other, but it has MX Reds. 

Maybe there is a program to emulate a numpad? Because a TKL would be really nice because I already don't have much desk space.

Thanks, you've helped me a lot! :)

Thanks for the find! It's still more expensive than any other keyboard than I've looked at :( . It's really nice and full of features though.

I've found a Quickfire XT that is less expensive than any other, but it has MX Reds. 

Maybe there is a program to emulate a numpad? Because a TKL would be really nice because I already don't have much desk space.

Thanks, you've helped me a lot! :)

Sure, no problem!

Terrible pics due to phone camera :P

Daily Driver is Ergodox with mx clear (need to order some braided cables for it already) and PMK DSA PBT keycaps:
post-60-0-83321800-1436983572_thumb.jpg

For gaming I use a Ducky G2 Pro with mx blue and PBT keycaps with a royal glam wristrest:

post-60-0-69693400-1436983604_thumb.jpg

I also have a Poker 2 with mx clear and white PBT caps (snowglobe gasmask and white warmaster from HKP) and white LEDS. Also, I modded the case of the board so that it is flush(ish) with the plate:

post-60-0-12532300-1436983622_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-37758700-1436983629_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-83321800-1436983572_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-69693400-1436983604_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-12532300-1436983622_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-37758700-1436983629_thumb.jpg

Current Keyboards: Ergodox w/ clears, Poker 2 w/ clears, Ducky G2 Pro w/ Blues

I really need to get around to making a thread for @Vitalius' keyboard build

SkKpVHe.jpg

You have something else that that you should get around to doing too ;)

Terrible pics due to phone camera :P

Daily Driver is Ergodox with mx clear (need to order some braided cables for it already) and PMK DSA PBT keycaps:

attachicon.gifIMAG0362.jpg

-snip-

I have 3 kits of these. I really need to sell at least two. Ive been debating for some time whether or not to keep one and build it for my self.

PS: If anyone is interested let me know otherwise they'll be in the classifides by the end of the year at the latest.

I have 3 kits of these. I really need to sell at least two. Ive been debating for some time whether or not to keep one and build it for my self.

PS: If anyone is interested let me know otherwise they'll be in the classifides by the end of the year at the latest.

I will vouch that it is a fantastic keyboard and it just takes a bit to get used to. It's really hard to mess up soldering if anyone is scared to solder their own board also. You will get the hang of soldering really fast. And if you are concerned about the price tag for one of these boards, let me tell you, it is worth every penny if you type a lot.

Current Keyboards: Ergodox w/ clears, Poker 2 w/ clears, Ducky G2 Pro w/ Blues

I kinda want an ergo pro if I can get it for a decent price.

My trusty apple adjustable keyboard is dying.

rql and some numbers all work speradicly,

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just joined the club today and I am in love with mechanical switches!  Where have these been my whole life?  This is my first mech board and I can't go back to anything else again.  Definitely one of the better purchase I've made in a while.

I really need to get around to making a thread for @Vitalius' keyboard build

-snip-

That is absolutely beautiful. 

Hi.

As with @Skyway, I've just got my first mechanical keyboard and love it. It's a whole new experience, but a very pleasing one. It can be a little disconcerting at times when the keys light up before you bottom out the key (reactive lighting) but it's a good way to practise touch typing, as I've got MX blues.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

i sound like a generic gamer who doesn't know anything, but i use a razer blackwidow 2013 with actual cherry mx blue switches since in thailand this is pretty much the only thing widely available also it's better than razer's kailh green switches.

$$金Trill金$$

Just spent about half an hour plucking the keys of my Ducky Mini to clean her up. It's such a nice mental thing to do every once in a while.

As with @Skyway, I've just got my first mechanical keyboard and love it. It's a whole new experience, but a very pleasing one. It can be a little disconcerting at times when the keys light up before you bottom out the key (reactive lighting) but it's a good way to practise touch typing, as I've got MX blues.

What kind of keyboard did you get?

What kind of keyboard did you get?

Ducky legend. And you?

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Ducky legend. And you?

Pics or didn't happen. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Pics or didn't happen.

Tomorrow, as I've turned my system off now and cba going back to take pictures.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Just spent about half an hour plucking the keys of my Ducky Mini to clean her up. It's such a nice mental thing to do every once in a while.

its quick and easy with a proper wire keypuller. What I find more fun is playing the keyboard alphabet once your done.

What are my options for a ergonomic mechanical keyboard under 150$?

Any?

IDC if new or used.

My faithfull Apple Adjustable Keyboard is Failing

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ducky legend. And you?

I know I'm gonna get shit for this, but I got a Logitech G910.  I absolutely love it, keycaps and all.

its quick and easy with a proper wire keypuller. What I find more fun is playing the keyboard alphabet once your done.

as long as the caps are not to fucking tight lol

I know I'm gonna get shit for this, but I got a Logitech G910.  I absolutely love it, keycaps and all.

I'd like to try a G910, but there's nowhere near me that has mechanical keyboards in both variety and sampling numbers.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler