Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

My tiny Rapid-i with brown switches, god I love this keyboard, it's so adorable and I can stick it in my backpack to use at school, however the teachers do sometimes complain.. =D

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yes, I know it's dirty, I've been having crisps today.

You should get one with blues, and give them a legit reason to complain.

Telling bad jokes since 1996

Intel i5 3470/ Asus P8B75-V / 8GB 1333mhz cheap ass Kingston Ram  / XFX R9 390 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB / Crucial MX 100 256GB / Antec EA650W / Samsung SyncMaster P2370 / Steelseries Apex [RAW] / Logitech G400s / NZXT Phantom White / Moto G 2015 8GB

Thought I might share a project that I've been working on for awhile. I still need more parts to complete it but not much longer now.

med_gallery_64571_1665_1574108.jpg

med_gallery_64571_1665_1320907.jpg

I decided to try and make a board with easy replaceable switches like the Smart 68 concept( https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61714.0 ) but I already had the Winkeyless 87 PCB when I saw it. I didn't find anyone else doing a similar project so I had to do the research myself, I don't know if anyone else would be interested considering it was not cheap to go this route, if anyone's interested I'd be happy to share what I found out.

Thought I might share a project that I've been working on for awhile. I still need more parts to complete it but not much longer now.

med_gallery_64571_1665_1574108.jpg

med_gallery_64571_1665_1320907.jpg

I decided to try and make a board with easy replaceable switches like the Smart 68 concept( https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61714.0 ) but I already had the Winkeyless 87 PCB when I saw it. I didn't find anyone else doing a similar project so I had to do the research myself, I don't know if anyone else would be interested considering it was not cheap to go this route, if anyone's interested I'd be happy to share what I found out.

Make a thread for it im sure a few of us are interested in the information even if we don't plan to make it our selves. I tend to just make things with out a pcb since im cheap but would be interested in information about making PCBs since i kind of want to try making my own numpad pcb at somepoint

Make a thread for it im sure a few of us are interested in the information even if we don't plan to make it our selves. I tend to just make things with out a pcb since im cheap but would be interested in information about making PCBs since i kind of want to try making my own numpad pcb at somepoint

Okay I started one: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/430702-custom-keyboard-hot-swapable-switch-build/

I was a little light on some details so feel free to ask anything I might of miss if your curious.

I'm thinking about buying a K65 RGB and shoving a set these on the thing for use at work... what do you think?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Just got IBM model m and Compaq MX 11800 with mx browns for 30$ total

anyoine know what that speaker grill thing is at the back?

DSCF62641.jpg

DSCF62661.jpg

DSCF62671.jpg

DSCF62711.jpg

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just got IBM model m and Compaq MX 11800 with mx browns for 30$ total

anyoine know what that speaker grill thing is at the back?

its for a beep speaker...

its for a beep speaker...

But there is no speaker inside.

And what does a beep speaker do? (don't say beep)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

it beeps...

it was a thing for terminal keyboards think of it like the little speaker that beeps in your computer if there is an error (or i think that is still a thing lol) if there isnt a speaker they probably just used the same case for all of the keyboard. I dont know much about the model m myself.

I want to say beep but I don't own one...

it beeps...

it was a thing for terminal keyboards think of it like the little speaker that beeps in your computer if there is an error (or i think that is still a thing lol) if there isnt a speaker they probably just used the same case for all of the keyboard. I dont know much about the model m myself.

:D

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Sorry... I only hit post once, internet went out for a second at the time I hit the button...

4587607224.png

:(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

GON NerD60 with lubed 62g Clears, and GMK Triumph Adler replica set.  I love the way this board turned out.

HbrLd92h.jpg

I can't seem to capture the correct color of these caps. They have more green in them then shows in this picture.

tCcPLerh.jpg
love the keycaps. Can you make it wireless?

love the keycaps. Can you make it wireless?

The PCB has the option to add a Bluetooth module that GON sells, but I don't think I'm going to worry about it with this board.

I think they are made to fit with his low-profile cases (which I'm not a fan of).

The PCB has the option to add a Bluetooth module that GON sells, but I don't think I'm going to worry about it with this board.

I think they are made to fit with his low-profile cases (which I'm not a fan of).

ya I know they to I was just wondering if the case was made to fit it basically. The wireless is one of the things that had me looking at gon's 40% pcb.

So apparently the Ducky Shine 5 will be coming out next week here in Taiwan. Who's interested in the Shine 5??

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Made a keycap thread to show off my new board, but everyone is shit posting dell keyboards and stuff so here is my Pok3r :D

b205179c300accef3e22b704c00f2cc0.png

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Made a keycap thread to show off my new board, but everyone is shit posting dell keyboards and stuff so here is my Pok3r :D

-snip-

That reminds me, I need to replace the keycaps on my keyboard since WASDKeyboards keys have the black on them rub off overtime. My S is a 9, and my D is very deformed with some keys having a bit chipped off of the sides of keys. Also my V has a hole in it... So many fucking sexual innuendos with these keycaps.

Spoiler

Spoiler

That reminds me, I need to replace the keycaps on my keyboard since WASDKeyboards keys have the black on them rub off overtime. My S is a 9, and my D is very deformed with some keys having a bit chipped off of the sides of keys. Also my V has a hole in it... So many fucking sexual innuendos with these keycaps.

that sucks. Got a photo of them?

that sucks. Got a photo of them?

My M7 + backlit keyboards = can't see any of the keys. I'll try though. I knew this was an issue with their Code v2 series before purchasing though.

Spoiler

Spoiler

@Charger, got the pictures. Yeah, it has a bit of fur in it, I really need to clean it soon. Guess that's what happens with 4 cats and 3 dogs. :/

BxiA5N2.jpg

zz76FKo.jpg

Dpum9of.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

@Charger, got the pictures. Yeah, it has a bit of fur in it, I really need to clean it soon. Guess that's what happens with 4 cats and 3 dogs. :/

oh their back light caps ya I had heard about them doing that before. The Vortex Backlit Doubleshot PBT Keycaps that keep going on massdrop would probably be good for that.

oh their back light caps ya I had heard about them doing that before. The Vortex Backlit Doubleshot PBT Keycaps that keep going on massdrop would probably be good for that.

Was thinking about buying them, but never got around to that. But I did end up buying some ram for my other rig that does 9-10-9-19 @1866MHz with 1.65v and 2000MHz with those timings at 1.7v... :P Now only if that rig had a motherboard that could handle the FX 8120 better.

Spoiler

Spoiler

is it still programmable with that BT chip