Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Loving my K65. I got it secondhand for Rp 550.000 (~$ 40). The Del, End, and the other keys on that block is scratched up, but I'm gonna change the keycaps anyway. I can kill people with this thing, not that I'm gonna try that anytime soon, maybe

I just bought the Cooler Master Rapid I with Cherry MX Brown switches for €95 euros and have to say I'm loving the typing on this thing!

Mechanical keyboards are expensive but they sure as hell are worth it.

| GPU: MSI GTX 970 | CPU: Intel i5 4460 | PSU: Sharkoon 500Watt 80-plus semi-modular | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 2x4GB |

Users of the K95 RGB, is it worth it?

I play all genres besides the games the K95 was designed for (MMO's).

I really would like a K65 but it's not available anymore... the K65 RGB is a Best Buy exclusive which is stupid too.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Users of the K95 RGB, is it worth it?

I play all genres besides the games the K95 was designed for (MMO's).

I really would like a K65 but it's not available anymore... the K65 RGB is a Best Buy exclusive which is stupid too.

It can really be used in any game so if you would use the RGB it would be worth it.

It can really be used in any game so if you would use the RGB it would be worth it.

Yes but which game needs 18 freaking extra buttons  :P

Just got a Corsair K30 on sale for 39.99 which is membrane just until I decide what mech to get the next few months. It has freaking 6 macro keys + backlighting and media buttons and that all for just 40€!!! Basically a plastic membrane version of a K95 with less macro keys.

I'm just waiting... for something NEW and FRESH  B)

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I have a K70 (blues, Non RGB) that I painted white (the top metal panel) so it has this really nice white metal finish. It also has back-lit pbt keycaps (white) from Vortex.

I also have a JD40 40% in Cherry clears that I use for travel w/ "ninja" print blacl Pbt keycaps.

I have razer mechanical keyboard do I count?

Corsair Strafe with Reds. A small upgrade from my G710+ and the lighting is kinda cool. 

IudqMxS.jpg

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Yes sir. A mechanical switch is a mechanical switch :)

There aren't huge design differences at all, mostly minor tweaks. I believe the SHINE II has more variety of backlight colours, etc. I would go for the Shine I if that's what you can find. :)

I use Razer Black Widow Ultmate!

Does anyone have experience with a Roccat Ryos MK? Thinking about that one, but the Steelseries 6Gv2 caught my eye for being the cheapest of mechanical keyboards in my country. If anyone knows, can you reccomend me sites that have cheap international shpping? (I live in Latvia, so there's not much choice, plus I'm 15, so my budget is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery tight :( )

I have a Roccat Ryos MK Pro and I LOVE IT! No problems so far.

I just unpacked my first ever mechanical keyboard, it's a Qpad mk-50 pro with cherry MX brown switches. I'm loving it so far!

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

This allows the user, when they have got used to it, to type at a much faster rate as they know the feeling of when they have typed a letter, and thus can increase their word count. 

Personally, I think this is a bit of overgeneralization. Although it might allow most people to type faster, it actually slows down a minority of extremely quick typists. 

The problem is that some people such as I type so quickly that our fingers barely leave the keyboard, meaning we have to slide our fingers around alot when a finger has to press two keys in a row. With a mechanical keyboard, the travel is so high that this sliding action is impossible and we're forced to lift a finger up a quarter inch and push it down again. 

My top speed of around 130 WPM on a rubber dome keyboard degrades to 120 WPM at best, typically 105 WPM with a mechanical keyboard. 

I type best on a keyboard like that on the Macbook Air, with very low travel, but also a clearly defined tactile bump. 

Before I purchased a keyboard for my desktop setup, I had already suspected this would be a problem, but could find no mention of such a drawback in the mech. keyboard literature. I only managed to find others with my predicament after my frustration by searching Google specifically for people posting on forums of typing slower on mechanical keyboards. I probably should have thought of that earlier.

It's not a huge dealbreaker, but I wish at least one source of mech. keyboard info would have mentioned this. I wouldn't have purchased a mech. keyboard. 

Edit: I've had my Cherry MX Blue CM Quickfire Rapid for two months, just for the record. 

No, because they use fake switches  :P

The problem with Razer is that they are overpriced, look at the Chroma, they sold it for 75 euro during the CES 2015 RAZER SALE now it's 175 euro...

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No, because they use fake switches  :P

The problem with Razer is that they are overpriced, look at the Chroma, they sold it for 75 euro during the CES 2015 RAZER SALE now it's 175 euro...

i got my razed for $130 USD.

i got my razed for $130 USD.

Chroma?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Chroma?

yes not on sale.

Hey guys. Do any of you know if there exist a file of a paper cutout for the K70 rgb? I would like the LEDs to be a bit brighter, and a white (paper) background would have been a great solution.

got a Corsair Vengeance K65 as my first ever mech keyboard. it uses cherry mx reds, and i gotta say the typing experience is a lot better than my old rubber dome keyboard!

post-226488-0-12161600-1438795115_thumb.post-226488-0-46236100-1438795118_thumb.

https://www1.massdrop.com/buy/v60-matias-mini-keyboard?mode=guest_open

https://www1.massdrop.com/buy/alps-keycaps?mode=guest_open

For those of you that want to get in on Matias switches. If you're in the US, the total comes out to $124 if you get the black/white keycaps.

+1   

I love my V60 MTS.  I got the Olivetti caps to put on mine.