Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

If you're looking for a direct alternative to the k70, the Logitech G710+ would be a good choice, and I often see it for under $70 USD on Slickdeals.

After a bit of research i found that the G710+ was the closest one to k70 and i got it from amazon, can't wait to try it out!

do anyone have any experience with these keycaps? and do they fit on a k70? ( http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-universal-cherry-mx-translucent-clear-black-full-keycap-set-blank.html )

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

do anyone have any experience with these keycaps? and do they fit on a k70? ( http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-universal-cherry-mx-translucent-clear-black-full-keycap-set-blank.html )

i have the keycaps on the keyboard I'm building for some one they seem ok

as for the k70 they have a video on that page you linked to putting them on a k70

After a bit of research i found that the G710+ was the closest one to k70 and i got it from amazon, can't wait to try it out!

Great! I've been using the G710+ for the past half year, and it's quite good. The features are plentiful and the build quality is as expected from any Logitech product. If you intend to use the programmable keys, don't forget to download their software. Unlike the K70, it comes with o-rings. If you feel like the key presses are a little too mushy for you, they can be removed.

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595

Great! I've been using the G710+ for the past half year, and it's quite good. The features are plentiful and the build quality is as expected from any Logitech product. If you intend to use the programmable keys, don't forget to download their software. Unlike the K70, it comes with o-rings. If you feel like the key presses are a little too mushy for you, they can be removed.

you culd always put on better o-rings too ;)

Thank you for the review! Do you use it mostly for gaming? I will be using it for gaming but mostly programming, are the keys durable and comfortable for heavy writing?

you culd always put on better o-rings too ;)

Ah, but the sound of angry typists bottoming out their keyboards is sweet music to my ears. Even without blues, a nice storm of clacks is sure to drive your friends and family insane!

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595

Thank you for the review! Do you use it mostly for gaming? I will be using it for gaming but mostly programming, are the keys durable and comfortable for heavy writing?

I've used it for everything: day to day use, gaming, and writing. I didn't have any discomfort using the keyboard for a prolonged period of time. I would assume they'd be fine for programming, as brown switches are popular among typists (I'll extend that term to encompass programmers) for their tactile feel. Personally, I couldn't get used to the position of the programmable G-keys, and ended up leaving them off. They may be more useful for application shortcuts than for gaming (although I don't play any games which can even make use of them). As for durability, the caps themselves show no sign of wear after 6+ months, and Cherry switches are advertised to last 50 million key presses, so no problems there.

I've used it for everything: day to day use, gaming, and writing. I didn't have any discomfort using the keyboard for a prolonged period of time. I would assume they'd be fine for programming, as brown switches are popular among typists (I'll extend that term to encompass programmers) for their tactile feel. Personally, I couldn't get used to the position of the programmable G-keys, and ended up leaving them off. They may be more useful for application shortcuts than for gaming (although I don't play any games which can even make use of them). As for durability, the caps themselves show no sign of wear after 6+ months, and Cherry switches are advertised to last 50 million key presses, so no problems there.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up, can't wait to get my hands on this keyboard!

Ah, but the sound of angry typists bottoming out their keyboards is sweet music to my ears. Even without blues, a nice storm of clacks is sure to drive your friends and family insane!

I have my unicomp endura pro for that which has buckling springs

Ordered a KBC Poker 3 with Clears :D

I'm definitely more of a Green guy, but this one had Same Day prime shipping and it looks sooo sexy.... :3

61GWJhxQT6L._SL1500_.jpg

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I might not say that but ok.

Yeah....I'm not a fan of the YotG this year either :S

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Ordered a KBC Poker 3 with Clears :D

I'm definitely more of a Green guy, but this one had Same Day prime shipping and it looks sooo sexy.... :3

-snip-

I love Clears, just wish they were a little heavier. :P I bottom them out very easily.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

My temporary set up.

Using my Apple Adjustable Keyboard wrist wrests with my Unicomp Model M.

I dont like keyboards with all this stuff on the right side.

I didnt relize it till i had to switch from my Apple Adjustable Keyboard too this. My arms are too far apart.

IMG_20150813_1519224801.jpg

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

How can I clean my keycaps? My fingers are making them a bit dirty and leaving residue

stick em` in the dish washer.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

How can I clean my keycaps? My fingers are making them a bit dirty and leaving residue

DO NOT run it on sanitize mode. Just run it on, like, a normal wash cycle. Some plastics will start to warp if it gets too hot.

ooh.

Alternate keycaps for matias... and pretty.

unfortantly cant use them on my alps keyboard.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

warm (not hot) soapy water works too

warm (not hot) soapy water works too

yeah i should probably clean my unicomp model m...

i think it needs a full dissasemble/case cleaning

yeah i should probably clean my unicomp model m...

i think it needs a full dissasemble/case cleaning

I need to clean my Code V2... But I don't want to take forever to take all the keycaps off then blow out all of the fur from my cats and dogs. :(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

how difficult would it be to vinyl wrap my k70 rgb aluminium backplate?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Ducky shine 3, cherry blues with red let's is my current keyboard. But looking for more.