TigerDirect is, as of 12/24/15, no longer accepting returns,exchanges,or refunds, for ANY reason.

Qub3d

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/3y48wk/psa_as_of_today_tigerdirect_no_longer_offers_any/?ref=share&ref_source=link

TL;DR: This is a clear sign that TigerDirect is going to liquidate their assets and close doors now that the holiday rush is done.

Reddit user luckybuilder noticed a change of policy on TigerDirect's website, stating that they will from now on no longer accept ANY returns, exchanges, or refunds. If you need to RMA something, you will have to contact the manufacturer directly.

Following TigerDirect's recent downward spiral, I feel like this policy change may be a precursor to preparing to declare bankruptcy or sell off assets and close doors. The top reddit comment agrees, saying "They are liquidating". This is it folks. I suppose that, considering TigerDirect was acquired by a Marketing company called "PCM" in November, we should have seen this coming. This is also on the heels of an announcement that TD is laying off a whopping 241 workers come January.

Here is a direct link to TD's policy page, for those interested.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

RIP tigerdirect.

Never really liked them in the first place

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I have good memories from that place actually, sad to see it go downhill so fast :(

(bought a Dell monitor and a Geforce 210 years ago)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Ohhh teksyndicate is gonna rip them a new asshole.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Isn't that against the law? Like the Consumer Protection Act?

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

because you need to declare bankruptcy first before liquidating assets.

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)

I think that is only something in the UK, could be wrong tho.

Either way its a bad sign for their business, and its kinda wrong to do in the first place, but they gotta do what they gotta do.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Not like I was going to buy anything from them to begin with.

Site seriously pissed me off as it wouldn't let me even look at a product with out it redirecting me to some error screen about enabling java scripts.

If I can't even look at an item with out enabling a dozen items through no script then I'm not going to use your site.

-snip-

Looks like you get the default image when hotlinking. Try uploading it to imgur, like so: 

o4CzrYW.png

edit: wow, that is an awful site. I had to screenshot it...

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

Looks like you get the default image when hotlinking. Try uploading it to imgur, like so: 

I'm getting it.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

AZGnsw2.png

FTFY

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Well that sucks 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

In the Netherlands we have laws for this too, a store as to offer returns or warranty in general for a certain amount of time. BUT if a store is like.. Close to being broke this is not a thing anymore. This is going on in the Netherlands now too, some store is maybe going out of bussiness so they also dont accept returns now

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

m

In the Netherlands we have laws for this too, a store as to offer returns or warranty in general for a certain amount of time. BUT if a store is like.. Close to being broke this is not a thing anymore. This is going on in the Netherlands now too, some store is maybe going out of bussiness so they also dont accept returns now

Figured :P

It simply doesnt make sense for a company to start accepting returns and exchanges if theyre trying to get rid of as much as possible as quickly as possible.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

That sucks for all the people who bought from them.

Good thing I learn they were trash a long time ago.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

those tigerdirect vids with young logan in them :D

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Ohhhhhhh...

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler

Well, TigerDirect did give us one good thing - Logan ;)

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

Well, TigerDirect did give us one good thing - Logan ;)

Did you see what it did to that fucker's hair?

Poor Logan

muh specs 

All parts black

Either way its a bad sign for their business, and its kinda wrong to do in the first place, but they gotta do what they gotta do.

yeah that's pretty much a UK thing as trading standards would rip them to pieces, as they'd have to honour warranties and returns or they'd have to partner with a different company to honour them on their behalf, look at the phones4u s**t storm from a few years back carphone warehouse had to pick up everything.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

Their site sucks period, since the beginning of time. Went there when zipzoomfly was still around and, it was a mess, along with their stupid pricing tactics. 99% of their final price are after mir.

So it be like

50x cd-rom only $19.99!

World's fatest cd-rom at lighting speeds.

Listen to music like never before.

Now for just $19.99!

Buy now!

*clicks add to cart*

Reg price $69.99 ($19.99 after $50 mir)

-_-

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Yea...good old Tiger Direct. Junk... Used one of their Mail in Rebates.... manufacturer turned it down... yea.... bunch of crooks. Was $50 too.