NVIDIA To Cut GeForce GTX 900 Series GPU Prices Permanently!

eLucid

In what sense? Tell me, between the 12GB of Titan X VRAM and the 6GB of 980Ti VRAM, they're both going to perform the same if you're gaming, because you're not going need that much VRAM in the first place. ACE utilises the architecture, with AMD being more preferable than NVIDIA. For workstations and servers, that's a another topic altogether.

Secondly, LMG is biased as fuck towards NVIDIA and I'm not afraid to say it on their own forums. I called them out in their Holiday Buyers Guide, because the 380 is cheaper and better than the 2GB GTX 960 while the 390 is also better and cheaper than the 970, despite Linus saying that it's more expensive. AMD is absolutely dominating the mid-tier cards while NVIDIA is struggling to make their 900 series relevant, with the 980Ti flagship card being virtually the better offering in comparison to AMD'a Fury X. Sure, the management at AMD is shit but I only watch Linus because he's entertaining, and not because of his 'opinion' in reviews.

they dont game on titan x's and did you even read my post.......about the reason amd is in the shitter

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Pascal is coming! :D

If only :( 

God, i just realised its been an year already since 980 and 970 got released :-O

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Really tempted on buying a 970, but I'm still fine using my 7950. Ugh, *continues contemplating but doesn't do anything*

maxresdefault.jpg

seriously though

Life.exe is missing

they dont game on titan x's and did you even read my post.......about the reason amd is in the shitter

Exactly. So I don't see why you have to correlate VRAM with ACEs?

And I've read your post, and LMG is possibly one of the worst examples to support that point. The amount of NVIDIA bias, in my opinion, just removes their professionalism and reliability as a critic. However, I'll agree that AMD's marketing has been less than par but their products have been mostly better than NVIDIA's considering their price points.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Drop the 970 to $275 and you will have my money. $299 might as well be $340 in my broke ass book.

I'd buy a second 970, if/when the price drops to below $275

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I agree that people need to calm down about the GPU wars, the thing is nobody even recognizes Intel's contribution here. Seriously if Intel even thought of doing it they could be a strong contender in the GPU wars. If AMD goes under it will be Intel vs NVidia.

Imagine Intel vs NVidia vs AMD in the high end GPU market. (I guess that might kill AMD)

*edit

Now that I thought about it; If Intel did get into the GPU war NVidia and AMD would have to seriously step up the game.

Even on the driver side Intel just gets it done. It may have a generic look but they will work smoothly, name one driver Intel has released that did not work (actually name one that failed as bad as an AMD or NVidia driver). Intel has been the leader in so many innovations (or setting standards) over the last 30 years we take for credit. (sorry not being a fanboy just giving credit were credit is due)

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Let's all just be thankful for the price cuts and be happy.

I'm just warning people about lack of async compute. Nvidia's price cuts are just taking what money they can and running before DX12 comes along to make their 900 series look like shit value.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'm just warning people about lack of async compute. Nvidia's price cuts are just taking what money they can and running before DX12 comes along to make their 900 series look like shit value.

That, of course, assumes DX12 titles make heavy use of it. AMD sponsored titles probably will but if Nvidia continues to be aggressive with getting AAA games under their belt then it won't matter as much. Everything is  really up in the air right now in terms of how anything will go. It'll be interesting to see if all the hype and promise behind DX12 ends up actually being worth it or if we get another DX10 situation.

retoast I know its been out for a long time and it was on the WAN SHOW....

Did you watch the WAN show... 

Those "price cuts" mentioned on the WAN Show was for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday prices, these are permanent drops and the base prices would be 299 for the 970, instead of discounted to be 299 as it was for Black Friday.  This means any further sales would go below 299, which is the current Black Friday prices.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

retoast I know its been out for a long time and it was on the WAN SHOW....

I don't watch the WAN Show

Really tempted on buying a 970, but I'm still fine using my 7950. Ugh, *continues contemplating but doesn't do anything*

That's what I did a year ago but I honestly wouldn't do it now since you held onto it for so long. Wait a little longer for the x70 card that will replace the 970.

970 is ~50% faster than my 7950 but it's value is evaporating too quickly unlike the 7950 that turns 4 years old in a couple of weeks. Endure a little longer and pickup a Pascal mid range card

Nvidia is probably going to open up Pascal sales before June, with a $1000+ Titan, sell a bunch of those then after a while present the "fake flagship 1080" card for $599 and "1070" for $349, sell a bunch of those then drop the full Pascal "1080TI" for $749. Hopefully AMD can interfere with their plans because I'm done delaying the 4K build, I need them to drive Nvidia towards lower MSRP's.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

oooo yis please

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

A report published by TechPowerUp suggests NVIDIA will soon be cutting prices across their existing GeForce lineup, with potential price changes reaching consumers in time for the holiday shopping season.

where do you see the Word permanent?

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

IMO NVidia want you to forget their 900 series partial dx12 performance so youll buy them now and also buy pascal

I use some apps which only run on Nvidia (CUDA). Within a week, a GTX card is able to process the same data that AMD would take 200 years to do (!) with a general software that works for both.

Yeah, Nvidia is shjt.....

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Now it is so late for me that I'm just going to wait for Pascal. lol my 280 will do fine until then.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

This is great for consumers. Everything on team green is priced accordingly. Competition = good.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

2 months ago spent $500 on a 980.

About a year ago I spend $589.99 on my 980...

No regrets, this price drop might be just what I need to push me into SLI. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

This is great for consumers. Everything on team green is priced accordingly. Competition = good.

It also means that Nvidia is getting worried about what AMD is doing.

It also means that Nvidia is getting worried about what AMD is doing.

It's called competition. If nVidia slashed prices first AMD would do the same.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

It's almost as if the 900 series have been here for the while and are about to be replaced.....