NVIDIA To Cut GeForce GTX 900 Series GPU Prices Permanently!

eLucid

I really hope we don't see AMD dropping their prices in response. They need all the dollars they can get.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

When was anything from nvidia not overpriced? Hasn't this always been the case?

it was comparatively worse than normal.

although the 90 at launch seemed like an amazing buy. I wonder if they priced it low so it'd fly off shelves before the vram issue was discovered.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I beieve this is a sign that pascal is coming!  Dual 770s will handle things until pascal comes!

That, of course, assumes DX12 titles make heavy use of it. AMD sponsored titles probably will but if Nvidia continues to be aggressive with getting AAA games under their belt then it won't matter as much. Everything is  really up in the air right now in terms of how anything will go. It'll be interesting to see if all the hype and promise behind DX12 ends up actually being worth it or if we get another DX10 situation.

Yeah I have a horrible feeling that Nvida won't want AMD cards stomping their cards in the games they've paid to stick their name on. I hope I'm wrong, but this is the company that bought PhysX and by not letting AMD (or may have been ATI back in those days?) support it, near as damn it killed it off.

We could end up in a situation where some games run brilliantly on AMD cards, but like a dog on Nvida, and the rest run brilliantly on Nvida, but not well at all on AMD.

Of course if Pascal has been designed with DX12 in mind all will be well, except for those of us with 900 series cards.

A report published by TechPowerUp suggests NVIDIA will soon be cutting prices across their existing GeForce lineup, with potential price changes reaching consumers in time for the holiday shopping season.

So what does this report suggest? The GTX 980 drops to $449, the GTX 970 goes to $299, and the GTX 960 goes to $179. These are pretty consistent with some of the sale or post-rebate prices we’ve seen of late, and such a move would certainly even things up somewhat between AMD and NVIDIA with regard to cost. Of course, we could see an answer from AMD in the form of a price reduction from their R9 300-series or Fury/Nano. We can only hope!

We’ve already seen prices come down during various black Friday sales on several GPUs, but the potential for a permanent price cut makes for interesting speculation if nothing else. Not to disparage the source, but no substantive evidence exists to directly point to a plan by NVIDIA to lower their GPU prices for some 900-series cards, but it would make sense given their competition from AMD at various price points.

Here’s to lower prices going forward.

Source - http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/Report-NVIDIA-Cut-GeForce-GTX-900-Series-GPU-Prices

I knew this rumor was bullshit. Most of the 970s are back up above $320 at newegg. Same shit, different year: prices get dirt cheap around Thanksgiving and shoot right back up not long after.