MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

To be honest... The high end motherboards are mostly for bling. You get better sound and onboard networking. But it kinda stops there for any really usefull features.

isn't that exactly what this rig is about :lol:. If he were looking for bang for the buck he wouldn't be going with this setup would he :P.

isn't that exactly what this rig is about :lol:. If he were looking for bang for the buck he wouldn't be going with this setup would he :P.

Proberly :D I was speaking for myself though :P

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Cheers guys. I am really digging the yellow, purple and orange the most at the moment. But keep the suggestions coming! I am thinking about 2 colours mixed in, just as undertones to compliment the main highlight colour. What do you guys think?

MetallicAcid

MetallicAcid, you HAVE to tell me how to get this program, or one similar to it. This is exactly what I need!

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MetallicAcid, you HAVE to tell me how to get this program, or one similar to it. This is exactly what I need!

I believe he's using Sketchup 2013 and Indigo Renderer.

Green and yellow look really good. But i still love the red and black scheme.

:) You are a big fan of red and black! Nothing is set in stone yet, so I still don't know what colours I am going for. I am attached to orange still at the moment, and the next render will be orange and gun metal, but it is very easy to change the colours to which ever colour I want in 2 clicks.

Yeah man, i think i can say that everyone here loves the red and black combination.

Buuuuut........

This is a MetallicAcid's build!! So... Having colors that 90% of ppl has on their systems is not the way to go, and he said already:

"unique, diferent and nothing like this"

So expect to be totally one of a kind!!! :D

Thanks Axis. I will try to impress!

That sounds cool. Although it rememinds me of a pumped up Carbon Fiber lambo :/ Not too keen with that. A light blue on white would be cool :)

I can try out the light blue on white hopefully tonight and present the results to you guys!

Perhaps a X79 Deluxe from Asus? I love those shades of blue...

This is the dream board, paired with a 3930k processor. Let's just hope I get a sponsor for the hardware!

Are you leaning towards any color in particular?

Nope, not yet. I have been experimenting with the orange and grey, as you will see soon. I want to try ice blue with white next though.

Yeah, would be a shame to fall back on previous gen though xD

Nahh, I guess it doesn't make MUCH of a difference when comparing x79 vs z87

I don't think so when considering the 3930k still has more cores and higher memory cache then the 4th gen i7.

Only if Asus stuck with the blue color scheme for their z87 boards... 

I like that they are trying new colours. I would personally like to use their new Z87 boards with the gold, because if tastefully done, would look really awesome. The newest MurderBox looks killer!

Yeah there isn't really a high end blue motherboard now  :(

There is always PlastiDip ;)

MSI makes blue z87 motherboards, but they are really low end. :(

I am going to try and avoid MSI. I had one board, and it caught on fire...

Gigabyte UD3 series and MSI's mainstream boards are pretty much the only choices he has. Many of them are great boards, make no mistake, and probably offer all the features he needs but maybe not worthy of this build. MSI too used to make many more blue boards, the z77 G80 was pretty high end but now they're increasing their Gaming and MPower series instead. This is pretty much the highest end choices for blue Z87 boards:

Thanks for the info mate! I will have a look into those boards, and might consider plastidipping if the board doesnt have the colours I want.

MetallicAcid

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

As Zeal has informed, it is just Sketchup and Indigo Render. The learning curve was simple, and within a week, I was able to produce nice renders.

PICS! I NEED MOAR PICS!

Coming right up sir!

I believe he's using Sketchup 2013 and Indigo Renderer.

10 points for Griffindor!

Reminds me of Mirrors edge

Well this was the style I was going for when designing the red and white build. I am glad that the theme came through!

This is a bad thing? :o

I didn't think so. I like carbon lambos alot :D

I want to thank everybody for this overwhelming response!! I had only 28 new comments and 2 PM's regarding this build! Keep it up, and I will keep pumping out the renders and custom designs!

MetallicAcid

Update

Hello again!

I have changed the custom reservoir our for the two tube reservoir solution. I can't help it, I just love the way it looks. I have also decided to do something a little different with the interior of the case... The panel from the front plate, on the inside of the case, runs at a 45° angle to the motherboard plate. This creates an interesting and open area to show of the goods! I hope you enjoy :)

TJ07newrespos_zpsd42fbe38.jpg

TJ07equalityiceblue_zps09f04647.jpg

TJ07equality_zpsd8ff48dd.jpg

MetallicAcid

TJ07equalityiceblue_zps09f04647.jpg

Well, not quite what I imagined :P Actually, the light blue may actually work with a carbon grey. This just looks like a baby being baptised in the church tbh :/

Also, how do you count on getting sponsers?

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Something you can consider for the motherboard, you can use an Asus Sabertooth one. And paint the stuff, I saw somebody in here do this and you can go the color you want! ;) 

Here is his build. I am pretty sure you trust Asus haha! ^^ Then you aren't bound to buy a board that has the color scheme you need.

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

That orange looks fantastic. However the blue and light blue with somewhat of the Gunmetal Grey would look fantastic! One res for GPU and the other for CPU. Looks scientific and all.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

hmm, gunmetal and orange is looking better and better.

Cheers! I have now chosen a darker grey, and it mixes great with any colour that I choose. I plan on posting up some renders soon to show you all!

Well, not quite what I imagined :P Actually, the light blue may actually work with a carbon grey. This just looks like a baby being baptised in the church tbh :/

Also, how do you count on getting sponsers?

Haha! As for sponsors, I have already four companies willing to sponsor me with little bits and pieces. One of them gave me the TJ07 before June to play with. I am hoping that this thread might attract some attention, but I might have to ask when the time gets closer to start modding.

Something you can consider for the motherboard, you can use an Asus Sabertooth one. And paint the stuff, I saw somebody in here do this and you can go the color you want! ;)

Here is his build. I am pretty sure you trust Asus haha! ^^ Then you aren't bound to buy a board that has the color scheme you need.

I have thought about this already. I do want the motherboard to blend into the inside of the case, so a Sabertooth is the best choice for this. But then again, I do not think that a regular motherboard without the armour would be so bad either. Thanks for the link :)

Yup, that orange really good with the gunmetal.

Hehe!! I have turned you Jamba!

That orange looks fantastic. However the blue and light blue with somewhat of the Gunmetal Grey would look fantastic! One res for GPU and the other for CPU. Looks scientific and all.

I am planning on running dual loops in my case. I just don't know where/how to place a second radiator in this case. I have an idea, but do not want to reveal it just yet in case it sucks.

So guys, thank you all for reading and replying to the thread. Once again, if you have any design ideas you would like to share, let me know, and I can try to make it happen :)

MetallicAcid

Update

Another quick update :)

I have added space for one 5.25" bay above the reservoirs for a fan controller, and made the bay area blend in with the 45° angle which is behind the reservoirs. These 2 lines will be lit up from behind with LED's. More to come soon! Here is the model with a couple of colour schemes for your viewing pleasure!

TJ07greyblue_zps5da6133c.jpg

TJ07greypurple_zps0da8cc0e.jpg

TJ07greyorange_zpsefe1f7ef.jpg

TJ07greyyellow_zpsc83ff709.jpg

Thanks for looking!

MetallicAcid

I'd go for the blue :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

That blue! I thought of two different shades for the coolant. A light baby blue and a dark Royal.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

RIP lime green :(

would love to see that dark grey with the lime green *hint! :D

but that orange... so tasty!

have you considered mixing two colors ?

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

I'd go for purple :) noone has done it before

The purple has to be my most favourite so far :)

I'd go for the blue :)

I guess matching motherboard colours would be easier...

That blue! I thought of two different shades for the coolant. A light baby blue and a dark Royal.

If I go for dual loop, I can play with the two tone liquid concept of yours ;)

RIP lime green :(

would love to see that dark grey with the lime green *hint! :D

but that orange... so tasty!

have you considered mixing two colors ?

I have considered having 2 different types of coolant if I can get the dual loop figured out :)

Until next update,

MetallicAcid

Love the light blue with the gun metal.  :wub:

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.