MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

Bluejay, you are not picking blue out of bias right?

MetallicAcid

...nooooooo. W+Either way the blue looks marvelous on the untouched white canvas. It just looks good!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Gun metal grey with orange highlight perhaps?

<insert image here lulz>

MetallicAcid

That looks extremely nice. Reminds me of a racecar... a fast, orange racecar.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I'd say red or blue, I know they're probably the most common colours in PC parts (barring black) but they really match the white best.

i'm sold to the lime green!!!!

man! green makes everything look so clean! and "slick"

^^

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

^^

Yeah someone who agrees with me  :)

I wonder if you can get a white wrinkle finish from Mountain Mods, or is only black? 

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I like the blue the best but a medium shade of gray with orange highlights works well.  Also, I suggest if you do paint the RAM and backplates that you do it with matte spray paint because that would look the best.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

That looks extremely nice. Reminds me of a racecar... a fast, orange racecar.

I'm not a fan of gunmetal, but that is me. 

Can't please them all, right? ;)

Sounds great

I think it looks great too :D

I'd say red or blue, I know they're probably the most common colours in PC parts (barring black) but they really match the white best.

I think I would go for blue over red though, as I have already done a red ROG build.

^^

For max effect I could use UV lighting on the inside with UV reactive liquid.

Yeah someone who agrees with me  :)

Purple IMHO

I would definitely go for purple if it wasn't already for Snef's Purple Chimera using the same colour scheme! Otherwise it would be my first choice of colour.

I wonder if you can get a white wrinkle finish from Mountain Mods, or is only black? 

This I am not too sure about. A white wrinkle finish would be superb if I could find it.

I like the blue the best but a medium shade of gray with orange highlights works well.  Also, I suggest if you do paint the RAM and backplates that you do it with matte spray paint because that would look the best.

Thanks for the tip. I had not thought of which finish would work best, and you are right, matt would be the best :)

Once again, thank you to everyone following this build already. Almost 60 followers, and I haven't even unpacked my trusty Dremel yet! 

MetallicAcid

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

Green and yellow look really good. But i still love the red and black scheme.

Green and yellow look really good. But i still love the red and black scheme.

Yeah man, i think i can say that everyone here loves the red and black combination.

Buuuuut........

This is a MetallicAcid's build!! So... Having colors that 90% of ppl has on their systems is not the way to go, and he said already:

"unique, diferent and nothing like this"

So expect to be totally one of a kind!!! :D

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Gun metal grey with orange highlight perhaps?

TJ07grayorange_zpse688b6e4.jpg

MetallicAcid

That sounds cool. Although it rememinds me of a pumped up Carbon Fiber lambo :/ Not too keen with that. A light blue on white would be cool :)

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

That sounds cool. Although it rememinds me of a pumped up Carbon Fiber lambo :/ Not too keen with that. A light blue on white would be cool :)

Perhaps a X79 Deluxe from Asus? I love those shades of blue...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Are you leaning towards any color in particular?

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Perhaps a X79 Deluxe from Asus? I love those shades of blue...

Yeah, would be a shame to fall back on previous gen though xD

Nahh, I guess it doesn't make MUCH of a difference when comparing x79 vs z87

- Cool right?

Yeah, would be a shame to fall back on previous gen though xD

Nahh, I guess it doesn't make MUCH of a difference when comparing x79 vs z87

Only if Asus stuck with the blue color scheme for their z87 boards... 

Only if Asus stuck with the blue color scheme for their z87 boards... 

Yeah there isn't really a high end blue motherboard now  :(

Yeah there isn't really a high end blue motherboard now  :(

MSI makes blue z87 motherboards, but they are really low end. :(

MSI makes blue z87 motherboards, but they are really low end. :(

Gigabyte UD3 series and MSI's mainstream boards are pretty much the only choices he has. Many of them are great boards, make no mistake, and probably offer all the features he needs but maybe not worthy of this build. MSI too used to make many more blue boards, the z77 G80 was pretty high end but now they're increasing their Gaming and MPower series instead. This is pretty much the highest end choices for blue Z87 boards:

MSI Z87-G55:

five_pictures1_2903_20130729132456.jpg

Biostar Hi-Fi Z87X 3D:

1372332752.jpeg

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H

1370260754.png

Intel DZ87KL-75K

186935.jpg

I would certainly concider the MSI if i was to make a build with a blue theme. MSI i trust. Not so much BioStar. And the others don't look very good.

- Cool right?

I would certainly concider the MSI if i was to make a build with a blue theme. MSI i trust. Not so much BioStar. And the others don't look very good.

I think I'd choose the Gigabyte over MSI but MSI is a very close second with the rest much further behind. Then I'd go with 2 dual channel kits of Corsair Veng Pros, one blue and one silver, should look really sexy, but none of the boards are high end unfortunately.

I think I'd choose the Gigabyte over MSI but MSI is a very close second with the rest much further behind. Then I'd go with 2 dual channel kits of Corsair Veng Pros, one blue and one silver, should look really sexy, but none of the boards are high end unfortunately.

To be honest... The high end motherboards are mostly for bling. You get better sound and onboard networking. But it kinda stops there for any really usefull features.

- Cool right?