How false information spreads like wildfire

SImoHayha

So you know that giant controversy online about Starbucks?  Well it caught my psychology teacher's attention and she made a 5 minute PowerPoint proving on how information has to be constantly checked and thoroughly researched before well assuming said information is true

So if you didn't know apparently, there had been rumors that Starbucks is anti-Christian and hating on Christ in general because of this incident. The winter themed coffee cups, instead of having trees and other things, its simply a very nice shade of red with the Starbucks logo in the middle.

Which if you thoroughly look and research they aren't these are baseless rumors by someone named Joshsua Feuerstien who is apparently “an American evangelist, Internet, and social media personality”.  In a video ( i'll link below ) Said that they oppose the right to carry arms in their shops ( Which they don't at all ) and to take away Christ and Christmas, because they took away the symbols on the cups. He also says they can't say Merry Christmas, Which isn't true at all my teacher asked and they said " Yea we can say that " Heck shes even got a red cup her self and is Christian

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.feuerstein.5/videos/689569711145714/

Now this set in turn a wildfire of new news of many new websites talking about it. However usually nothing about Christians actually hating on Starbucks which Christians really didn't care to be honest, my teacher asked her christian friends on Facebook and asked them " Do you hear complaining about other people complaining or Christians complaining about the cup ? " Everyone said they heard more of people complaining of other people complaining about the whole ordeal, except one person which said they " Simply said they didn't like the cup because of how bland it was "

This also shows that their is lacking evidence as well of the connection between Christ and the Anti-Christianity Claims. Nothing in anything of the articles I could find or even by my Teacher showed what Joshsua Feuerstien was correct about any of the things he said at all. Not to mention most of the cups didn't even have anything related to Christianity at all simply winter themed ( Trees, Reindeer, Snowmen etc. )

Tl;DR  : Essentially make sure to research on what you say is true or going on, as much information could be false and simply be a very elaborate prank.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

they have an evil pagan mercreature as the logo clearly they are infidels

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

"The 960 can't use all 4GB of VRAM"

Don't worry, this media explosion is surely just a way to mask something much more sinister that people should actually care about. Probably some politically based shittery.

I hate joshua feurtstein (or however you spell it) not because he is a christian and i am an atheist, because is a bigot. This man does not know what he is talking about... at all...

The internet is full of some stupid ignorant people (90% of the internet is shit posts and false information)

So you know that giant controversy online about Starbucks?  Well it caught my psychology teacher's attention and she made a 5 minute PowerPoint proving on how information has to be constantly checked and thoroughly researched before well assuming said information is true

So if you didn't know apparently, there had been rumors that Starbucks is anti-Christian and hating on Christ in general because of this incident. The winter themed coffee cups, instead of having trees and other things, its simply a very nice shade of red with the Starbucks logo in the middle.

Which if you thoroughly look and research they aren't these are baseless rumors by someone named Joshsua Feuerstien who is apparently “an American evangelist, Internet, and social media personality”.  In a video ( i'll link below ) Said that they oppose the right to carry arms in their shops ( Which they don't at all ) and to take away Christ and Christmas, because they took away the symbols on the cups. He also says they can't say Merry Christmas, Which isn't true at all my teacher asked and they said " Yea we can say that " Heck shes even got a red cup her self and is Christian

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.feuerstein.5/videos/689569711145714/

Now this set in turn a wildfire of new news of many new websites talking about it. However usually nothing about Christians actually hating on Starbucks which Christians really didn't care to be honest, my teacher asked her christian friends on Facebook and asked them " Do you hear complaining about other people complaining or Christians complaining about the cup ? " Everyone said they heard more of people complaining of other people complaining about the whole ordeal, except one person which said they " Simply said they didn't like the cup because of how bland it was "

This also shows that their is lacking evidence as well of the connection between Christ and the Anti-Christianity Claims. Nothing in anything of the articles I could find or even by my Teacher showed what Joshsua Feuerstien was correct about any of the things he said at all. Not to mention most of the cups didn't even have anything related to Christianity at all simply winter themed ( Trees, Reindeer, Snowmen etc. )

Tl;DR  : Essentially make sure to research on what you say is true or going on, as much information could be false and simply be a very elaborate prank.

What the heck?

People call removing Christmas symbols and a simple, more modern design anti-christ?

I am a Christian, and I don't think Starbucks is at any fault whatsoever.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Kinda like how the old "You eat 6 spiders a year in your sleep" was a fact made up to show how false information spread on the internet

cause a thing could crawl in my mouth, all over my tounge, and my uvula, and not triggering my pharyngeal reflex which would wake me up

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

"The 960 can't use all 4GB of VRAM"

Don't worry, this media explosion is surely just a way to mask something much more sinister that people should actually care about. Probably some politically based shittery.

Soylent Green is people, though seriously more likely it is something along the lines of secret police, wouldn't put it past the government, just look at the crap the FBI pulled over the years or the Cuban terrorism plot, or project MK ultra for examples

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Just as more proof, I'm a christian, and I honestly couldn't give a shit about what colour the cups are.

Though I also don't drink coffee or go to starbucks either, so.. :P (Though if I did, I'd go to timmies)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just as more proof, I'm a christian, and I honestly couldn't give a shit about what colour the cups are.

Though I also don't drink coffee or go to starbucks either, so.. :P (Though if I did, I'd go to timmies)

I just am saddened that Starbucks' cup color is such a big deal. I'm saddened that decisions that the coffee equivalent of McDonald's makes are always such a big deal. 

Pretty sure there are more important things. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

This kind of shit has been happening ever since that fat fuck Jerry Falwell started crying about the war on Christmas and convinced evangelicals that they're being prosecuted in the US. It's too bad he's not still alive to see that fat piece of shit throw fits about gay marriage being legal now in the US.

viruses also spread like wildfire

and chain mail

IT ALL SPREADS

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

This kind of shit has been happening ever since that fat fuck Jerry Falwell started crying about the war on Christmas and convinced evangelicals that they're being prosecuted in the US. It's too bad he's not still alive to see that fat piece of shit throw fits about gay marriage being legal now in the US.

evangelion?

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

as an anti-abortion, pro-guncontrol, neonazi-liberal-lesbian rabbi; I too don't care about the color of the cups.

No offense, but...

Did everyone miss this?:

A magic man in the sky impregnated a woman and she bore a demi-god<<< this is "Christmas".  All the talk about misinformation and we miss this?!?  :lol:

Sorry, I felt it was relevant.  ... and yes I was born into a christian family, a big one.

have you ever head of CX

and all the bullshit it flows around the fourms

Sorry, having just had my computer wiped out from such PSU last week I have to concur with all those that hate a CX PSU.

But back on topic, people love gossip, and often false news is more interesting than the truth, so ofcourse it spreads like wild fire!

I got false info that almost EVERY ONE ON THIS FORUM (AND THE NEXT) are all spreading:

Anti-Static bags are only static on the inside.

A. Anti-Static bags are literally less conductive than human skin IN ALL AREAS OF THE BAG.

B. I have built tens of thousands of computers on Anti-Staic bags (not just the Mobo box) and NONE of them have died due to that reason.

Sorry, having just had my computer wiped out from such PSU last week I have to concur with all those that hate a CX PSU.

But back on topic, people love gossip, and often false news is more interesting than the truth, so ofcourse it spreads like wild fire!

its your fault for not researching a psu b4 buying

what? since when the tree is a Christian symbol?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*