People Overreacting to the Geforce Experience Sign Up Situation

OfficialJsP

So personally I think most people are overreacting to the new thing Nvidia is doing with geforce experience where you have to sing up to get drivers, I don't see why this is a big deal just use a throw away email address as Linus and Luke suggested on the WAN show or redirect the emails to a junk folder now don't get me wrong I would rather Nvidia don't need you to sign up to use gefore experience but why does it really matter that much? Your thoughts?

This comment is the stupidest comment I have seen so far.

cb8d050674f6d482c090e5f8c49527a2.png

People are just going to make a big deal out of everything, it's like that's all they can do...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I dont care about the sign up part, I care about having to use GFE to update my driver in order to get the most recent one. That's that bullshit part since it's been pretty well proven that GFE can break shit when it tries to update your GPU driver.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I dont care about the sign up part, I care about having to use GFE to update my driver in order to get the most recent one. That's that bullshit part since it's been pretty well proven that GFE can break shit when it tries to update your GPU driver.

Personally I have never had a single problem with GFE and I find it really handy. I also like the shadow play feature.

Not sure where this came from. I've had it installed for 2 years now with a 550ti for a year and a 760 SC currently, and have never ever had a single issue with it. Never broke anything, never had to uninstall and reinstall etc. Wish I could say the same about Spotify not knowing how to end a god damn process when I close it.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

i already use gfe to get my drivers, and im already signed up, i dont get emails very often from them, and when i do, it goes straight into my junk folder.  its not that big of a deal, people are over-reacting because thats what they do.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I've never had a glitch or trouble with GFE. You already need to log in to use shadow play, so how is this any different?

That malware barely works on many older cards(including my laptop one). Linus and Luke said that it's complete BS as well. 
I would love to see even higher backslash, so nvidia wouldn't do it. Hundreds of your "stupidest" comments could possibly change things.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

The Nvidia fanboyism in here is real.

You're all right, nobody should be upset that they're making drivers locked behind their software.

Removing an option that has always existed to force use of their software tons of people hate is great right?

Bunch of fucking sheep.

I've been using GFE to update my driver for a year or so now, and I think I'm already signed in. I forgot because they don't seem to do anything with my e-mail address. Things are going to continue for me just as they have for a long time now.

But I don't see how someone could argue that this is anything but a negative. This is a reduction of consumer options; another arbitrary hoop for the user to jump through that gives us nothing in return.

You're all right, nobody should be upset that they're making drivers locked behind their software.

Removing an option that has always existed to force use of their software tons of people hate is great right?

Bunch of fucking sheep.

Did you even read the post?? Clearly not I never said it was ok I said I think people are over reacting to it and you are a perfect example.

Bunch of fucking sheep.

Wow, aren't you nice. Arrogance doesn't solve arrogance. Anyways, this isn't that much of an issue, the only reason I see a problem is people on Linux only being able to download the quarterly drivers and not the newest ones, but I'd expect the new ones that come through GFE don't come in to often. Many of us see no problem with it simply because we are already signed in because of Shadowplay and other nVIDIA features and see that we don't have to do anything more because of this change. Nvidia doesn't do anything with my email and barely sends me emails so idc and also, GFE offers a solution to automatically check for drivers without using a BS driver program or checking the website once a month etc.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Not sure where this came from. I've had it installed for 2 years now with a 550ti for a year and a 760 SC currently, and have never ever had a single issue with it. Never broke anything, never had to uninstall and reinstall etc. Wish I could say the same about Spotify not knowing how to end a god damn process when I close it.

I don't use it to update my driver but others I know have had issues when updating drivers with it and updating the app itself the latter problem making updating the driver impossible because GFE would go unresponsive when it was opened. I tolerate GFE because it's useful for the less experienced people and it's also the hub for the other Nvidia features like Shadowplay but I don't want to be forced to use it to do anything important like update my drivers because it's only adding one more link in the chain that can potentially cause issues. I'm hoping that people of a like mind will figure out a work around so I can keep doing things they way I'm already doing them. Or better yet Nvidia backs off this whole thing entirely because I only see it as a hindrance for me.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

its the principle of being FORCED into signing up to stuff..

its like your bank would force you to sign under a form, in person, every time you got your paycheck from work. If you didnt sign, you dont get your money.

Drivers are as essential for a GPUs "life" as money is to ours... No money, no food, house or anything really. No drivers, no fun, FPS or features....

They could have just added a "notify but do not download before i accept" option, and all the casuals who dont want updates every week or two would stop complaining. And we wouldnt ever have to deal with a mega corp LITTERALLY FORCING THEIR CUSTOMERS INTO DOING STUFF THEY MAY NOT WANT.

its the principle of being FORCED into signing up to stuff..

its like your bank would force you to sign under a form, in person, every time you got your paycheck from work. If you didnt sign, you dont get your money.

Drivers are as essential for a GPUs "life" as money is to ours... No money, no food, house or anything really. No drivers, no fun, FPS or features....

They could have just added a "notify but do not download before i accept" option, and all the casuals who dont want updates every week or two would stop complaining. And we wouldnt ever have to deal with a mega corp LITTERALLY FORCING THEIR CUSTOMERS INTO DOING STUFF THEY MAY NOT WANT.

what probably happened is they want to be like apple, people don't know what they need til they are told they need it thinking.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

I personally don't give a damn. I already use GFE, and most stuff I do on the internet requires you to log into some account. I do think it's kind of bullshit they force people to sign in, but it's not the end of the world. 

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz