People Overreacting to the Geforce Experience Sign Up Situation

OfficialJsP

I don't care that much about the email thing, but I do care about having to use Geforce Experience of all things. I don't use it, it's crap, it's slow, it has absolutely nothing to offer for me, so why should I install it?

If I have to get the latest drivers from some 3rd party site then fine by me.

I have GFE installed but I personally don't like it as it consistently stops working every time I use it. It also feels very sluggish and slow to load.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

It is just more of a hassle then it needs to be. So if we just show we don't like it and complain a little bit then NVIDIA would most likely revert the decision. I don't know why people are fine getting pushed around by these big companies, probably why they get away with so much in the long run...

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

I said it before and I'll say it again: who the fuck does this benefit?

NVIDIA, that's all I can think of because GeForce Experience has ads for Shield devices

So what if you need GFE to get driver updates....? Download it, get your driver update, dont use it til the next time if you dont want. Is it really that big of a fuckin deal to some people? I mean really.......lol anyone who honestly complains just sounds like an idiot. Get a real problem.

GFE hasn't asked me to create an account yet and it's been updating just fine...

GFE hasn't asked me to create an account yet and it's been updating just fine...

They haven't added it yet....

They haven't added it yet....

Well if it comes it looks my 980ti won't be getting any driver updates for a while

Well if it comes it looks my 980ti won't be getting any driver updates for a while

Why not???

So what if you need GFE to get driver updates....? Download it, get your driver update, dont use it til the next time if you dont want. Is it really that big of a fuckin deal to some people? I mean really.......lol anyone who honestly complains just sounds like an idiot. Get a real problem.

People not wanting unnecessary software on their PC's are idiots? You have got to be kidding me. I cannot even fathom how you came up with that conclusion.

People not wanting unnecessary software on their PC's are idiots? You have got to be kidding me. I cannot even fathom how you came up with that conclusion.

I mean you need to use it to download drivers soon....so.....not like it gonna hurt anything. People blow this shit WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY out of proportion...if this is the worlds largest issue today we have real problems...

it's 2015 people overreact about everything

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

it's 2015 people overreact about everything

We are reacting to many of the unnecessary things in life that should not exist. Something as minor as this might seem, means a lot of time wasted in the long run when working on clients computers.

so when i do a fresh install i have to download a driver to get GFE then after the driver and GFE is installed i then need to install another driver after that......why exactly? what makes this a better experience......

the way nvidea have gone about this is shady. why do they need my email adress other than to spam me about crap i dont care about or to sell said email and other details on? It makes no sense. i see why people are getting bent out of shape but i will agree that not buying a card because of it seams a little OTT

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Shouldn't people already have an account with nvidia? Isn't that the whole point of registering your graphics so that way you can get a warranty? I guess people just wait until their GPU breaks to register it. I don't see the big issue with this

so when i do a fresh install i have to download a driver to get GFE then after the driver and GFE is installed i then need to install another driver after that......why exactly? what makes this a better experience......

the way nvidea have gone about this is shady. why do they need my email adress other than to spam me about crap i dont care about or to sell said email and other details on? It makes no sense. i see why people are getting bent out of shape but i will agree that not buying a card because of it seams a little OTT

That is a one time thing, its not a big deal. People are making a huge fuckin deal about it one day then it wont even matter or bother them the next....humans man....interesting creatures...

That is a one time thing, its not a big deal. People are making a huge fuckin deal about it one day then it wont even matter or bother them the next....humans man....interesting creatures...

It's one time thing when everything works. What if windows are not stable on my system? I have to reinstall them few times to make it work. What if I'm fixing people's computer's and have to deal with windows reinstalling every single day? 

We are making this a big deal because it does no good to anyone. There is not a single person who is going to benefit from this. It will not affect lets say 80% of people, but another 20% will be affected negatively. 

I don't see a single person who is saying that this is a good change, only argument you guys have is "whatever, it's not a big deal" , "It's not going to affect me anyway". How about people who are going to be affected?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

What if your a system builder or a tester/reviewer? Or what if your like me and do fresh installs frequently. The real issue is that it starts off with an email for drivers but where does it end

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Because it is unnecessary and not customer friendly.  

This is the whole real reason, it's a pain in the arse.

Nvidia is the new Razer confirmed

Shouldn't people already have an account with nvidia? Isn't that the whole point of registering your graphics so that way you can get a warranty? I guess people just wait until their GPU breaks to register it. I don't see the big issue with this

You don't register your GPU's with Nvidia/AMD, you register them with the company that is branded on your GPU.

Have you never registered your GPU's? Because it seems that you're talking out of your ass.

We are reacting to many of the unnecessary things in life that should not exist. Something as minor as this might seem, means a lot of time wasted in the long run when working on clients computers.

but they do so do as i do and just not give a monkeys

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

but they do so do as i do and just not give a monkeys

I get your point, just in my (and probably many others) it is more of a hassle when trying to work on someone's computer in terms of time and compatibility. For most people and even me at home it is not a big deal at all.

You don't register your GPU's with Nvidia/AMD, you register them with the company that is branded on your GPU.

Have you never registered your GPU's? Because it seems that you're talking out of your ass.

I have registered my gpu with nvidia. It even says you can in the manual. Good try on calling me out though (;