Thoughts on gun control?

CalebTheEternal

I am writing an argument essay on gun control in my English class and I was wondering what some peoples ideas were on this, I already have my own and you will not change my thoughts on it, but I just want to see what you have to say. 

Should there be more gun control?

My opinion - No, there should not be, there will always be those crazy people who will shoot someone. We cannot stop these people from getting guns, if they want to do it, they will find a way, even with more gun control. What would keep them from stealing a gun, or buying one off of the black market? They are already committing a crime, so what would stop them from committing another one? 

Should there be safety training at gun ranges?

My opinion - Yes, I believes in order to shoot at a gun range you should have to take a safety class by them. The reason I support this is because when I lived in Texas, we just joined a gun range that didn't have a safety training, and when we were visiting it finding out if we wanted to join someone was shot. The person was shot because the person in the bay next to him had a hang fire (When you pull the trigger and the bullet does not go off) and didn't know what to do, so he looked at the gun, which meant pointing it to the left of him, towards another person, and the gun went off. The man had two kids and a wife, and that is why I support this. 

Should it be required that you lock up ALL guns inside your own house? 

My opinion - No. You have the right in your own home to keep your guns unlocked, do I think it's smart, no because if someone breaks into your house and commits a crime with that weapon you're in trouble. If someone does break into your house when you are home with your family, and they have a gun and yours are all locked up, you wont have time to get your gun, and if you do, the intruder might already have a gun to your family. 

I would go a lot more into depth on this, but I don't want to start a war on here. 

Any other things you want to talk about on guns? Post it too!

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

There should be more gun control, don't let criminals, mentally ill , under aged people have guns

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

Im not one for political debates, I will just say the tried an true saying. guns dont kill people, people kill people.

your walking on thin ice with this post IMO, the internet is a biased and dangerous place.

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

People are dumb, gun control is a good thing, gun banning is dumb and done by people who have their panties in a knot because guns r scurry.

Well yeah, certain people aren't capable of owning a firearm.

There already is..?

What the hell kind of question is this? This is a "Fucking DUH" kind of thing. Even if you live alone there's that possibility (however small) that someone could break in and take a firearm (registered in your name with its serial number) and kill a person with it and toss it aside for you to take ANY fall.

Lock everything.

I agree with this saying..

"If guns kill people, I guess pencils miss spell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat"

I still believe spoons are why im fat

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

I'm of the mind that gun control methods don't really work unless they aim to remove all guns, however if the government tried to do so it would be a bloodbath

PS progun

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

There should be more gun control, don't let criminals, mentally ill , under aged people have guns

Well these already apply, you can't own a gun if you have a felony, and you have to be 18 to buy a gun.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

I don't have an opinion on gun control. I don't live in the US, so I don't have to fear being shot by random strangers.

However, this I do have an opinion on.

I already have my own and you will not change my thoughts on it,

This is extremely intellectually dishonest. 

So even in the face of counter-arguments, and maybe even factual disaprovel of your position, you would still hold to your opinion?

Also

GgZ1c1x.gif?noredirect

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Americans have issues with guns... More mentally than anything.

Might be why they suck in a fist fight outside of pro boxing etc.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

Well these already apply, you can't own a gun if you have a felony, and you have to be 18 to buy a gun.

i know

The general idea of 'more guns means more safety' is absolutely bizarre.

CPU: i7 5830k @ 4.5ghz / 1.25v - Motherboard: X99-S - RAM: 32gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz - GPU: MSI GTX 970 - COOLER: Corsair H80i - STORAGE: 60gb Corsair SSD w/ 3.5tb HDD - PSU: XFX 80+ 550w - CASE: Phantom 410 - KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 - MOUSE: Corsair M45

I have trouble ignoring the fact that some of the cities with the worst gun crime have the strictest gun laws. This suggests that the violence problem in the US does not stem from firearms.

Personally I dont think the US has a gun problem, I think we have an education problem, and a poverty problem. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I am writing an argument essay on gun control in my English class and I was wondering what some peoples ideas were on this, I already have my own and you will not change my thoughts on it, but I just want to see what you have to say. 

Yes - its a deadly weapon, in the wrong hands its GOING to end up with somebody being killed. No guns dont kill people on their own, but the more guns that are lying around the easier they are to get a hold of

Most crimes are NOT pre-meditated, but are in the heat of the moment, if there are no guns around, nobody gets shot

Sure if a criminal wants to get a gun, nothing will stop them, that doesn't mean everyone should have one, we are just fine in the UK without everyone having guns - heck almost anyone here can get a shotgun licence, but nobody does, because nobody needs a gun

Yes, gun drills and safety should be number priority to gun owners, being able to shoot a gun is not enough, learning how to be safe with it is another

YES - while you may have the best intentions, somebody could break into your house and find it, a kid could find it, etc, imagine your kids friends coming over and finding a loaded gun and accidentally firing it at your kids or something

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So even in the face of counter-arguments, and maybe even factual disaprovel of your position, you would still hold to your opinion?

Also

GgZ1c1x.gif?noredirect

Both sides  have facts that disprove each other, but I feel that my side is a lot more logical.

Current PC: 

I don't think there should be gun control at all, but I support gun safety. Remember, guns don't kill people, people do.

Personally I dont think the US has a gun problem, I think we have an education problem, and a poverty problem. 

Sadly education is the stem of all problems no matter the situation. Were someone more educated with common sense in general outcomes would likely be different and for the better.

Both sides  have facts that disprove each other, but I feel that my side is a lot more logical.

Some would disagree.

I don't think there should be gun control at all, but I support gun safety. Remember, guns don't kill people, people do.

Someone needs to club someone else to death with a rifle and see how that turns out in the media. Would be very interesting.