iPhone 6S has interference in the audio jack

PhantomTates

Like the title says. This guy on YouTube found out his iPhone 6S has interference in the audio with efficient IEMs when navigating with his phone.

This is a new issue to iPhones as he compares it to a 5S here:

Apple made a beginner's mistake to not shield and route the audio circuit properly, which is a bad joke when talking about a $600 smartphone.

Err...

This is just some more nit-picky BS IMO.

When i run my Note 4 through the Line in on my computer i get interfernece.

It  doesn't happen when using headphones thouhgh.

Don't let Unbox Therapy  hear about this... We don't need another gate opening.

Err...

Call it nit-picky but this is a $600 phone. We all know the phone lacks in more parts of its hardware yet a small thing like this could completely ruin the phone for someone.

Like the title says. This guy on YouTube found out his iPhone 6S has interference in the audio with efficient IEMs when navigating with his phone.

Hmm I wonder if its just a specific phone issue or if its a wider issue

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Call it nit-picky but this is a $600 phone. We all know the phone lacks in more parts of its hardware yet a small thing like this could completely ruin the phone for someone.

Same thing was said about the Note 5's pen being inserted wrong into the phone...

Sure its bad, but not completely unusable.

And he didn't play anything when recording the video.

It probably wont be there if you play something.

yeah I couldn't really care less tbh.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

And he didn't play anything when recording the video.

It probably wont be there if you play something.

Funny that you say this: 

I could hear it with his music playing. Probably depends on the person though.

feels like clutching at straws to me, there is alot of hoops to get this sound captured and how much of the noise is a part of the recording procedure?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Err...

When i run my Note 4 through the Line in on my computer i get interfernece.

It  doesn't happen when using headphones thouhgh.

Don't let Unbox Therapy  hear about this... We don't need another gate opening.

Vessel keeps telling me to follow him.. At least youtube has figured out I hate him :/

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Meh, since it's only noticeable on very, very quiet rooms when listening to quiet music at quite high volume levels, it's the same crap like 24bit vs 24bit audio, just because you can measure something, doesn't mean you will notice it.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

What's that? Apple products are over-priced, under-performing, under-equipped pieces of crap?

Simply not possible. I mean it's not like they've purposefully left out a technology that's almost 15 years old or anything.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Apple products are over-priced, 

under-performing, under-equipped pieces of crap?

Simply not possible. I mean it's not like they've purposefully left out a technology that's almost 15 years old or anything.

It's not like you're being sensational or anything; or that the 6s is just as powerful as any android phone. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It's not like you're being sensational or anything; or that the 6s is just as powerful as any android phone. 

It still lacks a technology that's 15 years old (almost), whereas android and even WINDOWS phones have that technology. It's inexcusable.

Not to mention the usual reasons for hating anything made by apple. The operating system, made by near-slave-labor, etc.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

People love to try and find any reason to piss all over the parade of a company that's getting attention because fanboys. Whether its Apple, Microsoft, Google, whoever. People just can't stand to see the competing company doing well.

I don't doubt this guy is having the issue but I'm 100% sure people will try and blow it out of proportion.

This thread itself is a great example, the guy has the problem and he words it in a way to make the implication that every iPhone 6S is having the issue which is clearly not the case.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Nit-picky BS on a $20 MP3 player off the rack next to the batteries and gum? Yes.

Nit-picky BS on a $600 phone? No.

This thread itself is a great example, the guy has the problem and he words it in a way to make the implication that every iPhone 6S is having the issue which is clearly not the case.

He tested it in apple store on several iphone 6s and all of them had the same issue

Nit-picky BS on a $20 MP3 player off the rack next to the batteries and gum? Yes.

Nit-picky BS on a $600 phone? No.

He tested it in apple store on several iphone 6s and all of them had the same issue

iSheep will be iSheep.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

He's an audio gear reviewer, his channel consists of headphone reviews and discussion about FLAC / amp / placebo etc etc. Ofc it's normal for him to be nitpicky about the noise from the headphone out.

My phone is $350 and my IEM is $500, if my phone makes weird noises when i'm plugging my IEM to it, I'd change my phone, not my IEM

I'd return mine. And I have on past devices. If I'm paying that kind of money, I can be as nitpicky as I want, I'm the consumer. Saying I cant do that is like saying I can't return an $800-1000 monitor when there's a couple bad pixels. "awe, you can barely even see it, gosh." 

He is an audio reviewer. He says a million times, that "this probably doesn't affect you". But, it does affect him. He has very expensive equipment, expecting very expensive sound, and he's not getting that.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Hmm I wonder if its just a specific phone issue or if its a wider issue

My shield portable does this with two of my pairs of headphones, and doesn't with two others. It happens. Its just a phone. I hate apple as much as the next guy but this is asinine.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

i have CIEMs and do not hear this in my phone. 

Lachlan is very knowledgable`.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

What am I trying to listen for? I don't really notice anything.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

People love to try and find any reason to piss all over the parade of a company that's getting attention because fanboys. Whether its Apple, Microsoft, Google, whoever. People just can't stand to see the competing company doing well.

I don't doubt this guy is having the issue but I'm 100% sure people will try and blow it out of proportion.

If you don't have any idea what you're talking about, then you probably shouldn't speak. If you knew a single thing about Lachlan you'd know that he only buys iphones, and his computer is a mac. He loves all apple products besides the earpods. He has consistently claimed that the iPhone and iPod has top level playback, even testing it against sony walkman's etc. claiming that he prefers the sound to most mobile dap's and that it makes no sense to carry one along with the phone. If anyone is being sensationalist here, it's you, for not only doing 0 research and acting like you're speaking in absolute facts, but also for going so far out of your way to make this against a company that he openly endorses. If you even watched any of the videos he made about this you'd know that he said he tested multiple phones in the apple store and they all had the problem. He STILL said he wasn't confirming it was wrong on EVERY device, but JUST the ones he tested. Keep your ridiculous agenda going though.

If you don't have any idea what you're talking about, then you probably shouldn't speak. If you knew a single thing about Lachlan you'd know that he only buys iphones, and his computer is a mac. He loves all apple products besides the earpods. He has consistently claimed that the iPhone and iPod has top level playback, even testing it against sony walkman's etc. claiming that he prefers the sound to most mobile dap's and that it makes no sense to carry one along with the phone. If anyone is being sensationalist here, it's you, for not only doing 0 research and acting like you're speaking in absolute facts, but also for going so far out of your way to make this against a company that he openly endorses. If you even watched any of the videos he made about this you'd know that he said he tested multiple phones in the apple store and they all had the problem. He STILL said he wasn't confirming it was wrong on EVERY device, but JUST the ones he tested. Keep your ridiculous agenda going though.

chill its just a phone

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017