How clearly rude am I?

jc980

I noticed that people don't like my posting behavior.

This likely happened earlier in a thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456810-workstation-amd-or-intel/

I am pretty straight forward and serious when discussing important matters. (this due to my health status)

Therefore I have no time for jokers, assholes, dickheads, and douchebags.

I can't really change my ways, but I can't see how rude I was.

I pretty much didn't used any words referring to curses, swears, or anything insulting, but more straight saying "just get out".

I TRY to avoid these, but there are some times I can't absolutely tolerate these kind of people.

So please, I apologize for any inconvenience I caused in some or in my own threads.

I know some people won't agree or won't accept the apology, and I understand.

Thank you for rating my rudeness, I will try to lessen.

Again, Sincere Apologies to the people affected by me.

Thanks.

-jc980

"The Dead Legacy" (Since: XX.XX.2010) || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 GHz || HSF: Stock Intel HSF || MB: MSI P35 Neo 2 LGA 775 || RAM: Kingston/Samsung/PQi 1 + 2x1 + 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz || GPU: Palit NVidia GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB GDDR3 || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 80 GB (OS Drive) / 1 TB (Main Storage) SATA II/III || HDD: Hitachi 320 GB (Backup Storage) IDE || ODD: LG DVD-RW (KIA) IDE || PSU: Generic PSU 500W Non-Modular (Korean) ATX || Case: Generic Case (No Fans) ATX Mid-Tower || Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 12" LED 1280x1024p || Speaker: Creative SBS 240 2.1 || KB: Generic Gaming (Full, No Macro) Keyboard || Mouse: T-REX Evolve Gaming Multi-Color Modded (RED LED Permanent) || Mousepad: Generic (Small) Black 

"The Chimera's Lair" (Since: 01.18.2016) || CPU: Intel Core™ i7-6700K 4.0 GHz (4.5 GHz OC) Skylake || HSF: NZXT Kraken X61 CLC || MB: MSI Z170A Gaming M5 LGA1151 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Red 2x8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz || GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4 GB GDDR5 || SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB (OS Drive) SATA III || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2  TB (Mass Storage) SATA III / Seagate Barracuda 1  TB (Games Storage) SATA III  || PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 620W Fully-Modular ATX || Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red ATX Mid-Tower || Monitor: ASUS VC239H 23"  Frameless AH-IPS LED 1920x1080p (Not Yet Bought)

seems like the first two posts were pretty much not helpful because they went away. I see you in the bottom of the page, mod. Probably for the best. But things happen, I dont think you were rude, I think others need to probably lessen the joking around. It seems to happen a lot recently,

You avoid simply by not responding to their posts. Telling someone to repeatedly "get out"  when you have zero authority isn't going to remedy the situation and will likely do the opposite.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Who cares what other people think of you, the vast majority of the world's problems is due to poor self image... fuck them.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You avoid simply by not responding to their posts. Telling someone to "get out" repeatedly when you have zero authority isn't going to remedy the situation and will likely do the opposite.

I think it's ok if they are spamming, but it was uncalled for after just a single post.

I'm giving you a 1 because you are at least honest. The LTT forums are FULL of trolls (I should know, I am 50% troll). The only thing I would fault you for is not ignoring the trolls.

If someone makes an asinine comment that you disagree with or is pointless to the thread, report it, make no response, and move on. Responding to them only serves their purposes, not yours. Just ignore the trolls and morons, ask the questions you need to, and get what you need done, done.

There's a big difference in being blunt, and being rude.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i wouldnt say you're specificly rude.

i would more so say you ran into the side of the forum that cant handle people having personal preferences.

(and lots of fanboyism there... whenever someone says "outperforms 2:1" i'm just no...)

and sadly... i see more and more people just ripping shit on threads they have nothing productive to add to...

(this is one of the reasons logan mentioned when he said he removed post count on their forum)

--

i'm gonna admit to adding senseless jokes to threads a lot of times, but i always intend to add at least a small bit of help at the bottom of my post, as much as i can.

(a video of the last post being added to every "did my X die" thread - thats totally me, but i at least have the manners to give them guidelines to resolving their issue...)

I think it's ok if they are spamming, but it was uncalled for after just a single post.

Spamming is never okay.

4. Spamming

We do not want spam on Linus Tech Tips. There are certain sections of the forum designated for "off topic" and "general" posting of posts that may not fall into one of the already laid out sections of the forum. At all times though, this is a tech centered and focused forum. That being said, spam includes, but is not limited to the following:

• Excessive/excessively off-topic threads or posts.
  • Posting nonsensical messages.
  • "Flooding" the forum with similar meaning messages.
  • Post-Count farming.
  • Unsolicited advertising via private message or email.
  • Messages without content relevant to this website's mission.
  • Do not intentionally derail threads. Off-Topic is there for a reason.
  • Repeated posting with constant referrals to other website(s) with no purpose other than the promotion of that website.
  • Fraudulent activity (Pyramid schemes, chain letters, etc.)
  • Reputation or "Likes" farming.
  • The posting solely of memes or similar images without contributing to the discussion, memes can be funny and applicable but if it is completely unrelated it is spam.
  • The posting of AMA's - ask me anything type threads.
  • Posting any of the above will result in your post being deleted and your account being infracted or worse, suspended.
  • Do not create multiple accounts
Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Spamming is never okay.

I learned this the hard way. Don't respond to spam (except spambot threads, those just get deleted an most of the time no-one cares), but if it's an actual person spamming or being a moron, report them (if you feel that it's necessary) and move on.

Well lets be real, people skim nowadays (I don't blame them) so they more than likely missed where you said ordering online wasn't an option. After you yelled at the first one or two people for recommending something online you should have edited your OP to put the "can't order online" in bold and a bigger font, or something that sticks out. When you need people to do something specific on this forum or in any other circumstance, it's much more effective to make that direction stand out so the reader without a doubt reads it.

But yeah, you seemed pretty hostile towards people only trying to help. I can see why some people responded with attitude when you gave them attitude originally. You should be grateful people on a public forum are actually willing to help. After all, being on this forum and helping is something some people do in their free time and it most certainly isn't required of them to do so, there's no need to be an ass to them because they may have skipped over some of your OP which was already long enough. Something else you should keep in mind is that these types of threads get created every day--most people helping don't bother reading the entirety of the OPs anymore because they're all nearly the exact same thing, with people giving the exact same response.

And yes, I agree with what others have said. When someone who responds with a useless answer just ignore them and wait for other people to respond. Telling someone "get out" is going to make them come back and give you shit. Because it's the internet.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

May I at least get an explanation to those who voted 5, 4, and 3?

Make it everyone then.

"The Dead Legacy" (Since: XX.XX.2010) || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 GHz || HSF: Stock Intel HSF || MB: MSI P35 Neo 2 LGA 775 || RAM: Kingston/Samsung/PQi 1 + 2x1 + 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz || GPU: Palit NVidia GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB GDDR3 || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 80 GB (OS Drive) / 1 TB (Main Storage) SATA II/III || HDD: Hitachi 320 GB (Backup Storage) IDE || ODD: LG DVD-RW (KIA) IDE || PSU: Generic PSU 500W Non-Modular (Korean) ATX || Case: Generic Case (No Fans) ATX Mid-Tower || Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 12" LED 1280x1024p || Speaker: Creative SBS 240 2.1 || KB: Generic Gaming (Full, No Macro) Keyboard || Mouse: T-REX Evolve Gaming Multi-Color Modded (RED LED Permanent) || Mousepad: Generic (Small) Black 

"The Chimera's Lair" (Since: 01.18.2016) || CPU: Intel Core™ i7-6700K 4.0 GHz (4.5 GHz OC) Skylake || HSF: NZXT Kraken X61 CLC || MB: MSI Z170A Gaming M5 LGA1151 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Red 2x8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz || GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4 GB GDDR5 || SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB (OS Drive) SATA III || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2  TB (Mass Storage) SATA III / Seagate Barracuda 1  TB (Games Storage) SATA III  || PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 620W Fully-Modular ATX || Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red ATX Mid-Tower || Monitor: ASUS VC239H 23"  Frameless AH-IPS LED 1920x1080p (Not Yet Bought)

Spamming is never okay.

I don't mean like excessively, I meant more like when they have just under half the posts in the thread, and they are often only semi-on topic. @Aytex is notorious for doing this.

Well lets be real, people skim nowadays (I don't blame them) so they more than likely missed where you said ordering online wasn't an option. After you yelled at the first one or two people for recommending something online you should have edited your OP to put the "can't order online" in bold and a bigger font, or something that sticks out. When you need people to do something specific on this forum or in any other circumstance, it's much more effective to make that direction stand out so the reader without a doubt reads it.

But yeah, you seemed pretty hostile towards people only trying to help. I can see why some people responded with attitude when you gave them attitude originally. You should be grateful people on a public forum are actually willing to help. After all, being on this forum and helping is something some people do in their free time and it most certainly isn't required of them to do so, there's no need to be an ass to them because they may have skipped over some of your OP which was already long enough. Something else you should keep in mind is that these types of threads get created every day--most people helping don't bother reading the entirety of the OPs anymore because they're all nearly the exact same thing, with people giving the exact same response.

And yes, I agree with what others have said. When someone who responds with a useless answer just ignore them and wait for other people to respond. Telling someone "get out" is going to make them come back and give you shit. Because it's the internet.

I really don't like using bold or underlines, last time in a forum I kinda abused it. Therefore I'm staying away from using it.(I'll probably consider using it again, so no misunderstanding shall be made)

I was only hostile to the person who was trolling.(or dicking around)

I know I clearly stated "can't order online", but I was only reminding them. Does the sentence pattern I used was wrong? Was it really rude to them? I sometimes do that too, but I'm the one who apologizes for not reading complete the description.

There are just some things I can't understand why. I just wanted help really.

As someone who also worries that they come across as rude, I like you and this incredibly blunt thread.  ^_^

I don't think you're terribly rude. In my opinion, it's not rude to tell someone to read your post who replied clearly without reading your post.

I realize that 9/10 members on here hate me, I just honestly couldn't give less of a shit

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Some people just don't really get it or seem to care anyway.

Maybe they just want to see the world BURN.

I swear to Talos.

Specifically, this.

Sorry, but you're not helping.

Get out.

Shit posts like the one you were responding to are considered the norm here for whatever reason that's beyond me, so I can see the majority's assumption in you being rude, quite honestly you were better off reporting the post for being irrelevant than to even attempt a response.

If you're unhappy with somebody's response, be it off topic or completely uncalled for, you are way better off reporting the post for a moderator to see than to respond to it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

To be honest, I don't really care. You seem to have good intentions, so I can't really blame you for how you respond to certain more trollish posts. The thing is, you can't go living your life worrying about whether you're going to hurt or offend someone, because no matter what, someone, somewhere, will find something you've said or done rude or offensive. It's not healthy to try and conform yourself to everyone else's idea of perfect.

However, on this forum, the best course of action when you encounter a useless, troll, or spam post, it's best to simply report it and move on. It doesn't give you the instant gratification of giving the person a scathing retort, but it does prevent the issue from escalating further and getting you both in trouble. It's just not worth it to waste your time or risk getting banned.

Basically what I'm getting at here is that you are an alright guy. The fact that you're concerned about your reputation on the forum proves it. You're not like some people who intentionally try to troll or insult others with abandon, so you should be alright. Even if there are a couple people here and there who don't like you, there's always the block function if they harass you about it, or you could just outright ignore their petty attempts at getting back at you. And besides, for every mean person or troll, there's probably 100 or more nice ones. Plenty more to make friends with.  ^_^

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Much thanks(got doge fever) to all for their posts. I know some of you prove a point, but nonetheless I still thought I did what I've should have done.

I know some of you voted 5 for the lols or just plain hated how that thread became(or myself), but I wasn't at fault fully.

I didn't think it was too rude since they weren't contributing, and you asked people to stop though some did seem to be doing it over and over.  So, you seemed more frustrated than rude to me.

I'm absolutely glad that you still insisted on helping me.

I thank you very much for being a great person, only a few like you exists. I just wish everyone wasn't too insensitive or "meh, fuck this. Not helping you".

You have no right to tell anyone to "get out" you dont own this site or the internet nor are you a mod that was the definition of rude.

High blood pressure is also in no way justifiable for anything. You are responsible for your actions, no body else. if your heath is going to be an issue for your conduct ignore those in question or remove yourself from the situation until you can not act in such a manner, simple as that.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Well if you're asking for help you should be nice.

After all, we don't need to help you. We choose to. 

So basically, just don't be rude. I don't think anyone really cares, just be nice. Like I said, we don't need to help you if we don't want to. At least show some respect back.

Not that I care if you're rude or not, im just telling the truth. People can do whatever the hell they want, im not to tell someone how to think and how to act.

You have no right to tell anyone to "get out" you dont own this site or the internet nor are you a mod that was the definition of rude.

High blood pressure is also in no way justifiable for anything. You are responsible for your actions, no body else. if your heath is going to be an issue for your conduct ignore those in question or remove yourself from the situation until you can not act in such a manner, simple as that.

I know it's not right to tell someone "get out", but he was clearly not helping at first.

I think it wasn't rude, I even said "Sorry" at first or do I need to add "Please" and "Thank you".

I told them about my health, so they will have a better understanding on why I did that. I was just making it clear and what I post I take responsibility for.

I even apologized and thanked everyone who helped. Isn't that enough for you?

Well if you're asking for help you should be nice.

After all, we don't need to help you. We choose to. 

So basically, just don't be rude. I don't think anyone really cares, just be nice. Like I said, we don't need to help you if we don't want to. At least show some respect back.

Not that I care if you're rude or not, im just telling the truth. People can do whatever the hell they want, im not to tell someone how to think and how to act.

I'm pretty sure I showed some respect, like blurting out "GTFO" or use of swear, curse or insults.

Sure anyone could do what they want, it was their choice. 

I know it's not right to tell someone "get out", but he was clearly not helping at first.

I think it wasn't rude, I even said "Sorry" at first or do I need to add "Please" and "Thank you".

I told them about my health, so they will have a better understanding on why I did that. I was just making it clear and what I post I take responsibility for.

I even apologized and thanked everyone who helped. Isn't that enough for you?

I'm pretty sure I showed some respect, like blurting out "GTFO" or use of swear, curse or insults.

Sure anyone could do what they want, it was their choice.

What you think isnt relevant, its how others take it in this case. And no adding please or thank you in no way makes it okay to tell someone to get out.

If you seriously dont see whats wrong with telling someone to "get out" I think you are beyond helping frankly.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

To be honest, I don't really care. You seem to have good intentions, so I can't really blame you for how you respond to certain more trollish posts. The thing is, you can't go living your life worrying about whether you're going to hurt or offend someone, because no matter what, someone, somewhere, will find something you've said or done rude or offensive. It's not healthy to try and conform yourself to everyone else's idea of perfect.

However, on this forum, the best course of action when you encounter a useless, troll, or spam post, it's best to simply report it and move on. It doesn't give you the instant gratification of giving the person a scathing retort, but it does prevent the issue from escalating further and getting you both in trouble. It's just not worth it to waste your time or risk getting banned.

Basically what I'm getting at here is that you are an alright guy. The fact that you're concerned about your reputation on the forum proves it. You're not like some people who intentionally try to troll or insult others with abandon, so you should be alright. Even if there are a couple people here and there who don't like you, there's always the block function if they harass you about it, or you could just outright ignore their petty attempts at getting back at you. And besides, for every mean person or troll, there's probably 100 or more nice ones. Plenty more to make friends with.  ^_^

^best post I've read on here in a while

What you think isnt relevant, its how others take it in this case. And no adding please or thank you in no way makes it okay to tell someone to get out.

If you seriously dont see whats wrong with telling someone to "get out" I think you are beyond helping frankly.

You seriously need to educate yourself about life and social interactions. A person has ZERO control over how others perceive them. The idea that we can control how other people react to us, is exactly what is wrong with society these days. It's one thing to be offensive on purpose, and another thing entirely to be who you are, and people being offended by it.

If I make a serious thread, and someone makes a post that's clearly intended to derail or flame, I'm going to tell them to not bother, or, depending on their post, simply report them and move on, because they aren't worth consideration.