How clearly rude am I?

jc980

What you think isnt relevant, its how others take it in this case. And no adding please or thank you in no way makes it okay to tell someone to get out.

If you seriously dont see whats wrong with telling someone to "get out" I think you are beyond helping frankly.

Hey, I'm not saying that I was right in all aspects.

If I was the one who was trolling, I would clearly understand and say "Sorry for bothering", or something within the same category of speech.

Then again, not everyone is the same person.

-snippy- (sorry)

I would like to thank you for your support in backing me up.

Thank you very much!

I glad some people understand.

Humanity isn't lost yet.

"The Dead Legacy" (Since: XX.XX.2010) || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 GHz || HSF: Stock Intel HSF || MB: MSI P35 Neo 2 LGA 775 || RAM: Kingston/Samsung/PQi 1 + 2x1 + 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz || GPU: Palit NVidia GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB GDDR3 || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 80 GB (OS Drive) / 1 TB (Main Storage) SATA II/III || HDD: Hitachi 320 GB (Backup Storage) IDE || ODD: LG DVD-RW (KIA) IDE || PSU: Generic PSU 500W Non-Modular (Korean) ATX || Case: Generic Case (No Fans) ATX Mid-Tower || Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 12" LED 1280x1024p || Speaker: Creative SBS 240 2.1 || KB: Generic Gaming (Full, No Macro) Keyboard || Mouse: T-REX Evolve Gaming Multi-Color Modded (RED LED Permanent) || Mousepad: Generic (Small) Black 

"The Chimera's Lair" (Since: 01.18.2016) || CPU: Intel Core™ i7-6700K 4.0 GHz (4.5 GHz OC) Skylake || HSF: NZXT Kraken X61 CLC || MB: MSI Z170A Gaming M5 LGA1151 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Red 2x8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz || GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4 GB GDDR5 || SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB (OS Drive) SATA III || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2  TB (Mass Storage) SATA III / Seagate Barracuda 1  TB (Games Storage) SATA III  || PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 620W Fully-Modular ATX || Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red ATX Mid-Tower || Monitor: ASUS VC239H 23"  Frameless AH-IPS LED 1920x1080p (Not Yet Bought)

Hey, I'm not saying that I was right in all aspects.

If I was the one who was trolling, I would clearly understand and say "Sorry for bothering", or something within the same category of speech.

Then again, not everyone is the same person.

I would like to thank you for your support in backing me up.

Thank you very much!

I glad some people understand.

Humanity isn't lost yet.

I've seen posts 10 times worse than yours. Simply telling someone "get out" is hardly rude when they make a comment that serves absolutely no purpose to the thread. (and I should know lol)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

^best post I've read on here in a while

You seriously need to educate yourself about life and social interactions. A person has ZERO control over how others perceive them. The idea that we can control how other people react to us, is exactly what is wrong with society these days. It's one thing to be offensive on purpose, and another thing entirely to be who you are, and people being offended by it.

If I make a serious thread, and someone makes a post that's clearly intended to derail or flame, I'm going to tell them to not bother, or, depending on their post, simply report them and move on, because they aren't worth consideration.

Show me where I said anyone had control over how other perceive them.

But ya know what..if I said you were as useless as a used cuntrag, im willing to bet you would consider that pretty damn rude. But to me thats not rude at all. (not saying you are making a point)

No what hes saying isn't as sever it would be silly to claim it was, but the concept is still the same, just because the person saying it doesn't see it as rude, doesnt mean its not rude. Simple as that, and when a large majorty of people are agreeing its rude, rather than 1 random ass person taking offence the issue isnt the people who are objecting.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I noticed that people don't like my posting behavior.

This likely happened earlier in a thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456810-workstation-amd-or-intel/

I am pretty straight forward and serious when discussing important matters. (this due to my health status)

Therefore I have no time for jokers, assholes, dickheads, and douchebags.

I can't really change my ways, but I can't see how rude I was.

I pretty much didn't used any words referring to curses, swears, or anything insulting, but more straight saying "just get out".

I TRY to avoid these, but there are some times I can't absolutely tolerate these kind of people.

So please, I apologize for any inconvenience I caused in some or in my own threads.

I know some people won't agree or won't accept the apology, and I understand.

Thank you for rating my rudeness, I will try to lessen.

Again, Sincere Apologies to the people affected by me.

Thanks.

-jc980

From what I can see it's just the LTT forum being an LTT forum, you mentioned AMD in an intel jerk circle even though it suits your needs fine and you would see no benefit what so ever in the 0.5seconds the intel would take to render over the AMD if you overclocked it. I've never had an issue with you on here so I personally don't see the issue.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Show me where I said anyone had control over how other perceive them.

But ya know what..if I said you were as useless as a used cuntrag, im willing to bet you would consider that pretty damn rude. But to me thats not rude at all. (not saying you are making a point)

No what hes saying isn't as sever it would be silly to claim it was, but the concept is still the same, just because the person saying it doesn't see it as rude, doesnt mean its not rude. Simple as that, and when a large majorty of people are agreeing its rude, rather than 1 random ass person taking offence the issue isnt the people who are objecting.

Again, one human has zero control over how another human takes a statement, regardless of how that comment is intended. Humans are aware of their own feelings and reactions, giving them control over how they react or respond to something. Granted, that doesn't give anyone the right to say anything they want, but in some circumstances it does put the blame on the receiving party. Telling someone to "get out" of a thread when they've made a pointless and asinine comment, is hardly rude. I've done the same, both in seriousness and as a joke. As a joke it was quite obvious because I used a meme, and in seriousness I simply typed it. I assume others can get the message, if they didn't, that's hardly my fault as I have no control over another persons perception.

Hell, youtube comments alone are proof of this.

Again, one human has zero control over how another human takes a statement, regardless of how that comment is intended. Humans are aware of their own feelings and reactions, giving them control over how they react or respond to something. Granted, that doesn't give anyone the right to say anything they want, but in some circumstances it does put the blame on the receiving party. Telling someone to "get out" of a thread when they've made a pointless and asinine comment, is hardly rude. I've done the same, both in seriousness and as a joke. As a joke it was quite obvious because I used a meme, and in seriousness I simply typed it. I assume others can get the message, if they didn't, that's hardly my fault as I have no control over another persons perception.

Hell, youtube comments alone are proof of this.

Not entirely true, the way linus and luke etc talk on camera effects how you perceive them, same with politicians, the only difference here is text and it can be written in a way to get a curtain reaction.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Sorry, but you're not helping.

Get out.

Seriously, just get out.

Thank you.

gif_460x345_563bb7.gif.gif?1404205952

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Not entirely true, the way linus and luke etc talk on camera effects how you perceive them, same with politicians, the only difference here is text and it can be written in a way to get a curtain reaction.

A person is fully capable of controlling how they react to a comment. If Linus says something that offends me, it is entirely my fault that I get offended. I don't necessarily blame him for saying it, I simply find it offensive, which does not mean that he intended it to be offensive.

Blaming other people for "being offensive" is one of the biggest problems with society these days. People talk about "tolerance" a lot, but very few people are truly tolerant of views other than their own.

If someone says something "offensive", but which any educated person knows is untrue, there's no reason to be offended, or to even react to it in an "I'm offended" manner.

Example:

"all immigrants are criminals/drug-dealers/rapists/murderers." Any educated person knows this isn't true, certainly the comment is inflammatory, but in the end, it's just an ignorant comment not worth responding to, purely because of how ignorant the statement is.

A person is fully capable of controlling how they react to a comment. If Linus says something that offends me, it is entirely my fault that I get offended. I don't necessarily blame him for saying it, I simply find it offensive, which does not mean that he intended it to be offensive.

Kinda but not so much... Being offended isn't always a choice though, it doesn't really work like that. If you walked up to me and slapped me in the face with your dick for example, I'm not going to CHOOSE to be offended by that am I? Some people have knee jerk reactions to things and it can't really be helped. The biggest abusers of this are news and media outlets.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Kinda but not so much... Being offended isn't always a choice though, it doesn't really work like that. If you walked up to me and slapped me in the face with your dick for example, I'm not going to CHOOSE to be offended by that am I? Some people have knee jerk reactions to things and it can't really be helped. The biggest abusers of this are news and media outlets.

While you ARE correct, the simple fact is that someone can choose, however quickly, to give into that reaction. A physical interaction is different from a verbal or written interaction. Whether or not someone finds a comment offensive, they deliberately CHOOSE to respond to it. There have been a number of times that I was "offended" (on an intellectual level) by comments made by customers in the ABC store I used to work in. Even though I found their comments to be offensive on an intellectual level, I chose to say nothing, and simply shake my head internally. They were usually political comments, which I could not respond to as when you're working for a state-run monopoly, you aren't "allowed" to talk politics. (in reality, you can have your own opinion and talk about whatever you want, but you can't actively engage customers in political conversation. If someone asks you a question or engages you in political debate, then technically the first amendment applies, but good luck explaining that to a moronic regional manager that doesn't give a fuck)

To be honest, I don't really care. You seem to have good intentions, so I can't really blame you for how you respond to certain more trollish posts. The thing is, you can't go living your life worrying about whether you're going to hurt or offend someone, because no matter what, someone, somewhere, will find something you've said or done rude or offensive. It's not healthy to try and conform yourself to everyone else's idea of perfect.

However, on this forum, the best course of action when you encounter a useless, troll, or spam post, it's best to simply report it and move on. It doesn't give you the instant gratification of giving the person a scathing retort, but it does prevent the issue from escalating further and getting you both in trouble. It's just not worth it to waste your time or risk getting banned.

Basically what I'm getting at here is that you are an alright guy. The fact that you're concerned about your reputation on the forum proves it. You're not like some people who intentionally try to troll or insult others with abandon, so you should be alright. Even if there are a couple people here and there who don't like you, there's always the block function if they harass you about it, or you could just outright ignore their petty attempts at getting back at you. And besides, for every mean person or troll, there's probably 100 or more nice ones. Plenty more to make friends with.  ^_^

What this forum really needs, is the ability to report deception. Half of the comments i respond to anymore, are of those that are deceiving others, or are just raw assumptions being treated as fact. Often times I get labeled rude for the way I respond to them, in that I don't sugar coat things, but it's required to prevent other people from making a mistake based on that deceptive post.

You've seen my arguments first hand, and you see how carried away I get with them sometimes. 50% of it is preventing someone from falling for the misinformation, the other 50% is just because I enjoy talking to the person. 

@jc980: I went through that thread. You were not exactly wrong in the way you acted, but I would highly recommend adopting a second chance approach. If someone fails to read, or follow directions of your post, kindly direct them to the specific piece of the thread they failed to read. If that does not work, either ignore them, or tear them asunder with your verbal weapons. If someone makes a claim about something, and provide no proof with their claim, you are entitled to question it. If they still do not provide proof with their claim, they are automatically wrong. No exceptions. One final piece of advice: trolls exist to gain an emotional response from you. Whether it be anger, frustration, sadness, or even false sense of happiness. Show no emotion on the internet. Become a robot, and you will be fine. Creating a thread seeking the validations of others will only further attract trolls. If you ever get out of line, a mod will be the only person whose opinion will matter to you. Once you get a warning from one of them, that is when you should start questioning your behavior.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

What this forum really needs, is the ability to report deception. Half of the comments i respond to anymore, are of those that are deceiving others, or are just raw assumptions being treated as fact. Often times I get labeled rude for the way I respond to them, in that I don't sugar coat things, but it's required to prevent other people from making a mistake based on that deceptive post.

You've seen my arguments first hand, and you see how carried away I get with them sometimes. 50% of it is preventing someone from falling for the misinformation, the other 50% is just because I enjoy talking to the person. 

@jc980: I went through that thread. You were not exactly wrong in the way you acted, but I would highly recommend adopting a second chance approach. If someone fails to read, or follow directions of your post, kindly direct them to the specific piece of the thread they failed to read. If that does not work, either ignore them, or tear them asunder with your verbal weapons. If someone makes a claim about something, and provide no proof with their claim, you are entitled to question it. If they still do not provide proof with their claim, they are automatically wrong. No exceptions. One final piece of advice: trolls exist to gain an emotional response from you. Whether it be anger, frustration, sadness, or even false sense of happiness. Show no emotion on the internet. Become a robot, and you will be fine. Creating a thread seeking the validations of others will only further attract trolls. If you ever get out of line, a mod will be the only person whose opinion will matter to you. Once you get a warning from one of them, that is when you should start questioning your behavior.

^this. Getting carried away emotionally is a big problem in human discourse. One that is very difficult to control (but still ultimately under our control)

While you ARE correct, the simple fact is that someone can choose, however quickly, to give into that reaction. A physical interaction is different from a verbal or written interaction. Whether or not someone finds a comment offensive, they deliberately CHOOSE to respond to it. There have been a number of times that I was "offended" (on an intellectual level) by comments made by customers in the ABC store I used to work in. Even though I found their comments to be offensive on an intellectual level, I chose to say nothing, and simply shake my head internally. They were usually political comments, which I could not respond to as when you're working for a state-run monopoly, you aren't "allowed" to talk politics. (in reality, you can have your own opinion and talk about whatever you want, but you can't actively engage customers in political conversation. If someone asks you a question or engages you in political debate, then technically the first amendment applies, but good luck explaining that to a moronic regional manager that doesn't give a fuck)

So my boss hands me this letter right and he writes on it about how he's going to explicitly sleep with all the female members of my family etc with intent, I'd choose to get offended by that? No sub conscious process what so ever? I'd actively choose to be upset about it? Well shit, I've been living life wrong!

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

May I at least get an explanation to those who voted 5, 4, and 3?

Make it everyone then.

When you ask for help, and then berate people for not helping in the specific way you ask, it looks really rude, and like you don't actually want help.  

EDIT:  it leaves people with a really sour taste

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

So my boss hands me this letter right and he writes on it about how he's going to explicitly sleep with all the female members of my family etc with intent, I'd choose to get offended by that? No sub conscious process what so ever? I'd actively choose to be upset about it? Well shit, I've been living life wrong!

There is a difference between having a legitimate reason to be offended, and being offended by something that wasn't intended as offensive.

When you ask for help, and then berate people for not helping in the specific way you ask, it looks really rude, and like you don't actually want help.  

EDIT:  it leaves people with a really sour taste

I'm pretty sure I didn't berate the others.

It might be of the way my sentences were made, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't berated them in a way.

"The Dead Legacy" (Since: XX.XX.2010) || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 GHz || HSF: Stock Intel HSF || MB: MSI P35 Neo 2 LGA 775 || RAM: Kingston/Samsung/PQi 1 + 2x1 + 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz || GPU: Palit NVidia GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB GDDR3 || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 80 GB (OS Drive) / 1 TB (Main Storage) SATA II/III || HDD: Hitachi 320 GB (Backup Storage) IDE || ODD: LG DVD-RW (KIA) IDE || PSU: Generic PSU 500W Non-Modular (Korean) ATX || Case: Generic Case (No Fans) ATX Mid-Tower || Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 12" LED 1280x1024p || Speaker: Creative SBS 240 2.1 || KB: Generic Gaming (Full, No Macro) Keyboard || Mouse: T-REX Evolve Gaming Multi-Color Modded (RED LED Permanent) || Mousepad: Generic (Small) Black 

"The Chimera's Lair" (Since: 01.18.2016) || CPU: Intel Core™ i7-6700K 4.0 GHz (4.5 GHz OC) Skylake || HSF: NZXT Kraken X61 CLC || MB: MSI Z170A Gaming M5 LGA1151 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Red 2x8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz || GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4 GB GDDR5 || SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB (OS Drive) SATA III || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2  TB (Mass Storage) SATA III / Seagate Barracuda 1  TB (Games Storage) SATA III  || PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 620W Fully-Modular ATX || Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red ATX Mid-Tower || Monitor: ASUS VC239H 23"  Frameless AH-IPS LED 1920x1080p (Not Yet Bought)

There is a difference between having a legitimate reason to be offended, and being offended by something that wasn't intended as offensive.

But your blanket statement said we choose to be offended which offends me, i'm sorry, it wasn't a choice. Joking aside I still don't think it's an active choice. We'll agree to disagree.

Also this is now stuck in my head!

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

But your blanket statement said we choose to be offended which offends me, i'm sorry, it wasn't a choice. Joking aside I still don't think it's an active choice. We'll agree to disagree.

Also this is now stuck in my head!

-snip

We can agree that some things are offensive. I am merely pointing out that it is entirely our choice to respond to it (which is acknowledging it). Not responding to something offensive is the greatest amount of control a person can exercise in my opinion.

Responding to something offensive, without thinking about it, is surrendering control of ourselves to the person who "offended" us. Not responding at all, is exercising control over ourselves.