Why i think scrapyard wars 3 should be released to YouTube and Vessel at the same time.

louisoft01

I am rather buthurt that Linus tweeted saying that October 11th is the Vessel date for scrap yard wars 3 and YouTube will be a week later. :(

I think that paying to watch something early is silly and it is not fair and long time viewers that do not use adblock on YouTube.

I never signed up for the free year because i di not want to use a platform that looks like dailymotion and has the worst UI ever

I think if everyone watched LMG content on YouTube only with no adblock Linus could make the same if not even more than at the moment.

So i will wait the one week.

Thanks

and no offence to Linus or LMG Staff :)

I am rather buthurt that Linus tweeted saying that October 11th is the Vessel date for scrap yard wars 3 and YouTube will be a week later. :(

I think that paying to watch something early is silly and it is not fair and long time viewers that do not use adblock on YouTube.

I never signed up for the free year because i di not want to use a platform that looks like dailymotion and has the worst UI ever

I think if everyone watched LMG content on YouTube only with no adblock Linus could make the same if not even more than at the moment.

Thanks

The whole point of vessel is getting things one week early.

Do you even understand that ?

Also. why the rant ? I mean, you can complain all you want. But as far as I know. Linus mentioned multiple times that they don't make that much money off views. Its more about the sponsors than anything.  If you truly watch every LTT video and everything. You should have understood that by now.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

They would not on Youtube ads. Youtube gives little to no money, that is the whole point of Vessel. I don't however understand, why they shoot it in 3 days, and we have to wait 3 weeks to see it...

Well, otherwise there would be no point to Vessel.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

They would not on Youtube ads. Youtube gives little to no money, that is the whole point of Vessel. I don't however understand, why they shoot it in 3 days, and we have to wait 3 weeks to see it...

Because editing takes long :P

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yes, in a perfect world where no one uses adblock, Linus wouldn't have a need for vessel.

Vessel was crap when it first launched, but it has gotten better over time.

I got the free vessel account, because it was free. I won't be paying for an account when it's finished just so I can see content a week earlier.

It isn't worth it in my opinion.

EDIT: the release date for Youtube videos never changed when the vessel deal was created.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Well on the means of equality paying for something early is corrupt. (In my mind)

Yes i also know that Linus Media Group needs to make money. (This is what ads are for)

Logan? Is that you? 

Youtube ads don't give them enough money to do what they do, have the people they want..and be in the new office. It does not give them room for expansion. 

Compare their upload schedule with every other tech channel on youtube, and maybe an epiphany will occur and you will realize why they use vessel. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

You don't get the content a week later. Vessel viewers get it a week early. If vessel went away you would still get content at the same time

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Well on the means of equality paying for something early is corrupt. (In my mind)

Yes i also know that Linus Media Group needs to make money. (This is what ads are for)

It's about sponsors. Without sponsor they wouldn't make nearly as much as they do. Ads don't pay much.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Oh boohoo I have to wait a week to watch a video when I could have signed up and gotten a whole year free.

Dude, come on, you can't sit there and complain about free content. You either pay to get the video a week early or you wait a week to watch it. This isn't going to change, well until everyone's Vessel sub expires and no one renews so Linus gets no views on Vessel anymore, but we'll see what happens then.

Life ain't fair and equal.

Money makes people work.

You know they make almost no money from ads, right? And it's not like you'll get exclusive content if you pay for Vessel, you just get early access.

You don't get the content a week later. Vessel viewers get it a week early. If vessel went away you would still get content at the same time

THIS.

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

It takes a huge amount of time to edit one of these videos. Edzel (who edited the last one) had to spend a day just watching the POV of one person (eg Luke) as there was 8 hours of footage just for this. This series there will be 3 competitors for three days which equals 72 hours of footage that Edzel has to view before he even can start to edit the video

If I have solved your issue, please mark the thread as solved! Thanks!

do you live in an equal world ? because if so, then you are some kind of alien.

I mean cmon. where do you get your ''fareness'' description.  its not about being fair. its about making money.

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

ooh man. philosophy at its best xD

Linus mentioned in a video that it takes a single editor an entire week to do a single episode of scrapyard wars.

Thanks

No one cares that you're not willing to pay. The point of Vessel is to support LMG by paying for Vessel which in turn give LMG funds. A whole lot more than Youtube ever does in a 1:1 scale environment.

Linus mentioned in a video that it takes a single editor an entire week to do a single episode of scrapyard wars.

Sponsors set the date, too--which this episode is, indeed, sponsored.

di not want to use a platform that looks like dailymotion and has the worst UI ever

what? vessel has a very nice UI.

So in your mind, paying to go to the cinemas to watch a new movie before it's released on dvd is corrupt?

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed