Dense black/white build - Fractal Torrent Nano

MG2R

When I saw the short circuit on this case, I knew I had to have it. 

I’m a stickler for water cooling so I did my best to jam a 3070Ti, a 5600X, a thick 80 rad, a 140 rad, and a slim 240 rad in there. All brown Noctua, as it should be. 

result came out ok but it did cost me literal blood and tears. The density of this machine is immense. It weighs so damn much for its size. 

E220290D-2512-467C-A77F-2BCF83816FFB.thumb.jpeg.5ad00556d941c7badc73065bf6bfc7d3.jpeg

this build was done in two steps, as the right tubing did not arrive and it was hard to source where I’m at. I built the whole machine with clear tubing at first. I did not take pictures of the initial build apparently. So here’s the rebuild with white tubing

original build 

EF7ED5D0-62E4-41A8-B215-FBFC75550AF1.thumb.jpeg.330feaa5647a0c98de8ccbc036969418.jpeg

first taking it all Apart. The joys of SFF. Here you can see the slim 240 in the bottom, there’s slim fans underneath. It clears the gpu block

juuuust right. 

7A38D18D-9694-4E49-88F3-35F27D520C74.thumb.jpeg.0da2f2b1057ba1c61e56b39e032b03c1.jpeg

added the cpu block again. Had to turn this one around as I apparently swapped inlet and outlet on the first go

5C7C452C-3129-4CFD-8B0B-D897CEE7B095.thumb.jpeg.61d1f9276a7f4feb113f99c02ecb94dd.jpeg

I cut my finger with Jerry’s knife from lttstore while cutting tubing. It sprayed blood over my entire kitchen and I needed stitches. Jerry’s knife is damn sharp. 0/10 would not recommend. Part of my finger still does not register touch , nicked a nerve. 

Spoiler

I have a before-stitches picture as well but it’s a bit too gruesome for the forum. Let’s just say blood poured faster than my faucet could rinse. 

D41353BF-5BC8-4934-8B6F-6BDC8C892AE3.thumb.jpeg.5bb67944e126e417d0c76fd0130daad5.jpeg

worth it though. She’s b-e-a-uuuutiful

D6A86BC8-4D71-430E-AE5D-76D307E555A4.thumb.jpeg.76c8590cb2745476a141d293f5b2624e.jpeg

Hope the finger recovers well. Nerve damage is rough.

That's an awesome looking rig! I have a little trouble believing it all fits in that tiny case. I like how you maximized the amount of radiator you could install, that's good thinking.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Hope the finger recovers well.

I just had a look, The pictures are from November last year. There’s still a spot in my finger I can’t feel and pressing on the place I was cut gives me that tingling feeling you get when your leg wakes up after sitting too long

good thing is the dull spot is on the outside in a place where you don’t really need sensation so my day-to-day is not affected at all. The sound itself healed up rather nice as well 🙂

I can’t believe it’s been that long already though, wow.

6 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I have a little trouble believing it all fits in that tiny case.

It’s freaking tight but it works. Biggest issue is that I had to use a DDC pump instead of a D5. It’s rather noisy and I don’t have the space to spring mount it securely.

Overall performance is reasonable. I have it dialed in for silence so my temps are rather high, but the system is almost inaudible during regular operation. 

I went from SFF to a custom loop but I don't think I'd ever truly attempt to combine the two.

Massive props for such a tidy rig with that little room to maneuver.

Ah the joys of using a box cutter.

Spoiler

My first warning was a cut right across the tip of a finger.

That's when I looked up when a cut requires stitches and it was barely under the treshold.

So, when an old segmented blade broke and I sliced right across the back off my hand, my first 2 thoughts were:

- oh cool, under the skin it looks exactly like a textbook diagram

- oh bugger, this one will need stitches

followed by "ow". Luckily, I didn't hit anything apart from the skin and ended up with 1 stitch and some tape.

Your cut sounds a LOT worse, hope it feels better now and gets even better in the future.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

6 hours ago, DJ46 said:

Massive props for such a tidy rig with that little room to maneuver.

Thanks! I’m a stickler for SFF and water cooling, so I have no choice really. My previous one was a bitfenix prodigy so it was small but doable. This was at the edge of masochism. Had fun though 😏😇