Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE

Just in support of the 2nd greatest amendment We Need Another Thread

Welp here are some pictures I took over the weekend of a couple of guns. The first one is my ATi German MP40 22lr replica (bought it because it looked cool, now I want the 9mm version). The second is my 1894 Brazilian 7mm Mauser. I know it needs some work and it will look all nice when I go and clean it.

ycNGkM5.jpg
M8kcQF4.jpg

UVrTJo7.jpg
VU7udk9.jpg
neoulMg.jpg

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

On 6/16/2017 at 3:21 PM, Corrupt_Liberty said:

Just thought I'd share my new Sig Sauer 

P226 Legion SAO 9mm

20170514_185409.jpg

BTW, the trigger on this thing rivals my 1911.  And that's saying something!

I'm super jealous. I really want one of those!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

On 6/16/2017 at 4:21 PM, Corrupt_Liberty said:

Just thought I'd share my new Sig Sauer 

P226 Legion SAO 9mm

20170514_185409.jpg

BTW, the trigger on this thing rivals my 1911.  And that's saying something!

Mr. Noir has the best review on this gun, check it out if you haven't! That's beautiful, how much did that thing set you back?

2 hours ago, EricTrujillo said:

Mr. Noir has the best review on this gun, check it out if you haven't! That's beautiful, how much did that thing set you back?

I drooled over this gun for almost two weeks before I finally picked it up.  It was Colion's review that pushed me over the edge.  That and I figure, after two weeks on the shelf, someone had to take it home.  I paid just a hair over $1200.  Most expensive handgun I own at this point (at least until I find an X5 to cuddle with this one) but completely worth it. 

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

22 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'm super jealous. I really want one of those!

She's definitely Skookum as Frig! 

18 hours ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

I drooled over this gun for almost two weeks before I finally picked it up.  It was Colion's review that pushed me over the edge.  That and I figure, after two weeks on the shelf, someone had to take it home.  I paid just a hair over $1200.  Most expensive handgun I own at this point (at least until I find an X5 to cuddle with this one) but completely worth it. 

Yeah that's about right, I was looking at them just now and there's ONE for sale and its 6k. They look amazing though.

What's up gunnies, 

Kinda been thinking about this one for a while, A local gun club/shop has a pretty clean Mannlicher M95 straight pull 8x56mmR rifle, low serial number (must have been pre WWI and retro-fitted in 1935 when a lot where converted to spitzer rounds) for €500, That's pretty cheap where I live for a rifle, especially one that clean, of course there is a reason. I'd have to order the ammo in, and that get's expensive, importing ammo and all, plus I doubt it comes with any enbloc clips. I asked for more pics and they send me a few, as you can see, idk if that's the original stock or not, if it is it's in pretty nice condition (I think not since the hand guard on top is slightly darker but that could just be how it aged) That said the metal is also pretty good, so maybe it never saw service. 20160408_095652.jpg.007ab0d062d649a1fe6a37e5e3201b08.jpg

Yours faithfully

Got a new optic yesterday for my AR. its the Vortex Strikefire II. Needed a Green dot for Coyote hunting and I found a nice optic that didnt break the bank. Have a optic sighted in for 100 yards and the back up sights are at 50 yards. Also decided to take some picture of my Ruger 10-22 AR-22 ATi.

cYiNQNq.jpg
evnFHgQ.jpg
lYQ8Vun.jpg

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Poohy14 said:

Got a new optic yesterday for my AR. its the Vortex Strikefire II. Needed a Green dot for Coyote hunting and I found a nice optic that didnt break the bank. Have a optic sighted in for 100 yards and the back up sights are at 50 yards. Also decided to take some picture of my Ruger 10-22 AR-22 ATi.

I have a StrikeFire II as well. I've had it for five or six years now and like it a lot for the price. 

Good choice. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I have a StrikeFire II as well. I've had it for five or six years now and like it a lot for the price. 

Good choice. 

Yeah I didnt have too many choices for a Green dot and I know the reviews for this is super good, I just hope it works well for me out in the field for hunting. We shall see tomorrow.

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, EricTrujillo said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3858054/isis-iraq-sniper-longest-recorded-kill/

Well Canada has something new to be proud of. What a shot man, holy shit.

Never fuck with anyone who can end you from a different time zone...

I'd buy this guy a maple flavored beer.

13 minutes ago, EricTrujillo said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3858054/isis-iraq-sniper-longest-recorded-kill/

Well Canada has something new to be proud of. What a shot man, holy shit.

That reminds me of watching my cousins play shooters over the years.

They'd be sniping from across huge maps and the characters they'd be shooting were just single pixels and I'd just be going "How can you even see them?!"

22 minutes ago, Snadzies said:

That reminds me of watching my cousins play shooters over the years.

They'd be sniping from across huge maps and the characters they'd be shooting were just single pixels and I'd just be going "How can you even see them?!"

Sounds like your cousins need to be in Special Forces.

Picked up a Springfield XD9 Essential 4" earlier in the week and put over 100 rds through it at the range yesterday. May have gone a different direction had I heard about Springfield's shadiness regarding SB1657 sooner, but I'm happy with the purchase thus far.

xd9.jpg.c1c848ffa415804a2c85f8d099a8454f.jpg

5 minutes ago, spartanvi said:

Picked up a Springfield XD9 Essential 4" earlier in the week and put over 100 rds through it at the range yesterday. May have gone a different direction had I heard about Springfield's shadiness regarding SB1657 sooner, but I'm happy with the purchase thus far.

My USPSA Production gun is an XDm 5.25 and it's been stellar. Shoot it and enjoy.

3 hours ago, spartanvi said:

That's purty.  And I agree Springfield involvement in that mess was very shady.  But then what in Illinois isn't crooked (mostly just Chicago).  I still think Springfield makes damn nice firearms.  Like my new Range Officer Champion! (I need help, I can't stop)

RO Champion.jpg

1 hour ago, Jito463 said:

For the unenlightened among us, what shadiness are you referring to?

I barely found out about it today and I'm still sorting the details, so please forgive me if I'm off the mark. But if I understand the sequence of events correctly, Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms both funded IFMA and lobbied to drop their opposition to Illinois' SB-1657 (creates bureaucracy to license/regulate gun dealers in Illinois and restrict gun owners to no more than 9 transfers per year) in exchange for certain exemptions from the bill. When caught/called out, SA pleaded that they "didn't know how [their] money was being used" to further erode 2A in the state. IMO, It doesn't quite pass initial the smell test; the appearance is that they cut a deal by backing an anti-2A bill hoping to get some degree of amnesty in the bill's language. 

Scored a hit on a pineapple from 200 yards with my EDC Glock 19 yesterday. A buddy of mine was out there and challenged me to a Peanut M&M at the 25 yard berm which I (got lucky) hit in one attempt. Then he decided he wanted to go double or nothing on a pineapple at 200. I regularly practice pop cans at 100 so I figured what the hell. On round number twelve I landed a hit. 

On a related note, the Hornady 135gr Critical Duty load is stupidly accurate. I was rotating out old carry ammo so I figured I might as well use really good ammo for the attempt. 

Still surprised it was even possible. I have a pic for proof, but photobucket is blocked in my office, I'll post it up this evening.