Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE

I'm thinking of getting a laser for my Ruger LC9s Pro.  What do you guys think of the Veridian Reactor 5?  It even has an auto-on function (with holster), or there's  a $15 mod for an existing holster (I think it's just a magnet, so I could probably even do it myself).

https://www.amazon.com/Viridian-Reactor-featuring-Pocket-Holster/dp/B00HTC6XAS/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1500914686&sr=8-14&keywords=ruger+lc9+laser+sight

Speaking of red dots, I still have a Kobra EKP-18 laying around somewhere. It's authentic and had the factory warranty card signed and stuff but it's one of the things I regret buying. I'm still trying to find a buyer :(

ZYu6rNF.jpg

9 hours ago, ArtoriaPendragon said:

Which screw was it? Might want to give them a call about it.

The Parts guide lists it as a Lever Screw and the look of the screw, the middle is smooth with minor wear, I assume that part of the internal mechanism rides along or around the screw.

I cleaned it off and put a touch of oil on it befor I tightened it down.

Well got my new red dot (Vortex Venom 3MOA) on my Smith and Wesson. Shooting targets without any problem at 60 yards just fine. Still trying to get use to finding the dot when I bring it up from hip to shoot.

Well here it is,
HmlayBR.jpg

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

3 minutes ago, Poohy14 said:

Well got my new red dot on my Smith and Wesson. Shooting targets without any problem at 60 yards just fine. Still trying to get use to finding the dot when I bring it up from hip to shoot.

Well here it is,
*SNIP*

Those sit really high don't they? Can you use the iron sights with the dot on the gun, or are they obscured?

Have fun with it! I love the RMR on my Glock. Dots on pistols really are a game changer. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

Those sit really high don't they? Can you use the iron sights with the dot on the gun, or are they obscured?

Have fun with it! I love the RMR on my Glock. Dots on pistols really are a game changer. 

The iron sights are obstructed but the red dot but not much, there is 2 lines on the back of the dot where the front post would be and you can use that (shall post a picture of it) to see your sight picture. The Smith has the suppressor Irons that come with the handgun and can be used with the red dot but need to be a just little taller IMO.

Here are some pictures so you can see what I am looking at,

JiGbEM6.jpg
kMTI6kJ.jpg

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to take a little paint and fill in the marking and engravings on some of my firearms.

First is my M&P 15

I only did a single coat on it, might do a second coat and clean it up a little better.

598b6839ace2e_P_20170809_144734_HDR1.thumb.jpg.ffe96b62d07b044bcc998c09b0f6ca9d.jpg

598b691d494e4_P_20170809_144652_HDR1.thumb.jpg.7b7d538380e6c03c72131f8f05b69806.jpg

Next is my M&P 2.0

Did a black accent on this one to match the tan and black color scheme it had going already.

The black darkened the slide slightly but not enough to be terribly noticeable. (It is less noticeable in person then in pictures)

598b6954392c5_P_20170809_142435_HDR1.thumb.jpg.5dabe8c6ddcb68c1b76c3f3a9b7e4df6.jpg598b695f6f056_P_20170809_142413_HDR1.thumb.jpg.88993e4252c1393f7b35f2ae5c427e05.jpg

Finally my M&P Shield.

This and the 2.0 got 3 coats and the markings are pretty well filled in.

I also filled in the crest and ammo markings on the Shield's magazines with black and while the markings are more noticeable and are easier to read they don't pop out like the makings on everything else.

598b6b3b23618_P_20170809_142341_HDR1.thumb.jpg.5ca37113e18a3100bc7f8c9273438555.jpg598b6b439167e_P_20170809_142324_HDR1.thumb.jpg.1c86d547e565cd3de2647822e6f54579.jpg598b6b495720d_P_20170809_142701_HDR1.thumb.jpg.e5280d81a2414ef9186547c8abf07d00.jpg

1 hour ago, EricTrujillo said:

Guys, Vortex seems to be stepping up their game...I might actually have to get this optic for my AR.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/razor_amg_uh-1_red_dot

In other news, I got a new AR lower from Anderson...let the madness begin yet again!

If you do please post your thoughts on it.  It looks like it would be at home on my P90, but that $700 price tag makes me want to just get an aimpoint. 

5 minutes ago, Thunderpup said:

If you do please post your thoughts on it.  It looks like it would be at home on my P90, but that $700 price tag makes me want to just get an aimpoint. 

That's the MSRP, its actually going for 499.99 on pre-order. I'm really debating on spending that much money on an optic...but damn bro, it would look damn good on my gun.

Just now, EricTrujillo said:

That's the MSRP, its actually going for 499.99 on pre-order. I'm really debating on spending that much money on an optic...but damn bro, it would look damn good on my gun.

yea i looked it up on optics planet and saw that after i had posted.

i'm sure it will be a damn fine piece of glass, but that's still a bit steep so i will hold off.  I'm sure the price will drop or they will release something similar at a lower price.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the airsoft version of the M&P 9 shield (the super tiny 9mm handgun) and it's really comfortable. 

I shot the real version in a shooting range that rented out guns and it was really cool. 

Some earlier posts were talking about the AK-47 and some didn't like the recoil. We rented the ak-47 too and I love how the recoil feels. It's like you shoot and then the slide comes back slowly and it just feels soooo fun to shoot. 

Anyone here shoot trap and/or skeet? I think it's tons of fun when the clay pigeons turn to black dust on a perfect hit. It's also super cheap to get the birdshot ammo. It's about 5 dollars for 25 shots at my local store. 

Too bad pistol grip AKs are banned in my state.. :( I want a state legal AK or AR-15. I have a few airsoft m16 and m4 but the non pistol grip ar-15 I held at a gunstore was way more comfortable and cool looking than the standard build. 

This is what the ar-15 I held looked like. (not exactly but close enough) The stock and grip are cool looking and really comfortable

P1070305-900x600.jpg

12 hours ago, fpo said:

I have the airsoft version of the M&P 9 shield (the super tiny 9mm handgun) and it's really comfortable. 

I shot the real version in a shooting range that rented out guns and it was really cool. 

Some earlier posts were talking about the AK-47 and some didn't like the recoil. We rented the ak-47 too and I love how the recoil feels. It's like you shoot and then the slide comes back slowly and it just feels soooo fun to shoot. 

Anyone here shoot trap and/or skeet? I think it's tons of fun when the clay pigeons turn to black dust on a perfect hit. It's also super cheap to get the birdshot ammo. It's about 5 dollars for 25 shots at my local store. 

Too bad pistol grip AKs are banned in my state.. :( I want a state legal AK or AR-15. I have a few airsoft m16 and m4 but the non pistol grip ar-15 I held at a gunstore was way more comfortable and cool looking than the standard build. 

This is what the ar-15 I held looked like. (not exactly but close enough) The stock and grip are cool looking and really comfortable

P1070305-900x600.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the fixed-stock and 'non-pistol grip' set up on the AR platform but if you're looking to buy an AR in a restricted state then you might want to look at this stock from HEXA Arms. It's pretty A E S T H E T I C but be aware of some quality control issues.

2016-10-25-16.45.20-660x439.jpg

And if the iffy QC turns you off, take a look at the Ares SCR. It has a more traditional looking stock and restricted-state models won't have muzzle devices, magazine release (if the laws are THAT restrictive), and I've even seen some rifles with custom-made wooden furniture. The rifle retains a fair amount of commonality with the standard AR-15 platform but I believe parts like the BCG are proprietary.

13669693_10153928946728002_1742961865783

@ArtoriaPendragon thanks! I'll definitely have to look into those. If i pick anything up I'd have to see it in person, so I'd ask my shops if they have any in stock. I think the law in my state is you can only have 1 "evil" feature. 

Removable magazine

muzzle threads

adjustable stock

pistol grip

bayonet mount mount. 

NY is big enough for me to say it's somewhere in the NYS SAFE act, and have confidence you won't eat my babies.

9 hours ago, fpo said:

@ArtoriaPendragon thanks! I'll definitely have to look into those. If i pick anything up I'd have to see it in person, so I'd ask my shops if they have any in stock. I think the law in my state is you can only have 1 "evil" feature. 

Removable magazine

muzzle threads

adjustable stock

pistol grip

bayonet mount mount. 

NY is big enough for me to say it's somewhere in the NYS SAFE act, and have confidence you won't eat my babies.

That's kind of funny that the bayonet lug is considered a feature that could classify a firearms as restricted...

9 minutes ago, ArtoriaPendragon said:

That's kind of funny that the bayonet lug is considered a feature that could classify a firearms as restricted...

Don't you watch the news?  There have been a rash of liberals murdered in drive-by bayonettings...

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

2 hours ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

Don't you watch the news?  There have been a rash of liberals murdered in drive-by bayonettings...

Ban high-capacity assault sniper bayonets!

• 2 weeks later...

My local gun shop had a used Sig P226 MK25, now I have a Sig P226 MK25.

59b7285ad13f2_P_20170911_155046_HDR1.thumb.jpg.e2fedae5be2dcb20361eed3201796ae4.jpg59b7286714eef_P_20170911_155208_HDR1.thumb.jpg.bdc1927dfa7690b12a2677460fa46870.jpg

(The magazines do sit flush I mistakenly didn't insert them all the way when I took the pictures)

I'm surprised how light it is, it isn't as light as my S&W M2.0 with its poly frame but it is much closer to that than my 1911.

2 hours ago, Snadzies said:

The P226 is SOOOO comfortable. It's one of my favorite handguns, if not my favorite. 

18 hours ago, Snadzies said:

[snip]

I'm surprised how light it is, it isn't as light as my S&W M2.0 with its poly frame but it is much closer to that than my 1911.

Very nice!  That alloy frame makes a huge difference.

16 hours ago, fpo said:

The P226 is SOOOO comfortable. It's one of my favorite handguns, if not my favorite. 

I absolutely love my P226 Legion SAO.  I don't want to say it's my favorite, but only because it would hurt my 1911's feelings.

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

8 minutes ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

I don't want to say it's my favorite, but only because it would hurt my 1911's feelings.

And with all the talk of gun violence, you definitely don't want to hurt your guns feelings.  Why, it might get up in the middle of the night and just randomly shoot you. xD 

9 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

And with all the talk of gun violence, you definitely don't want to hurt your guns feelings.  Why, it might get up in the middle of the night and just randomly shoot you. xD 

Don't be silly... Guns don't kill people. People with Moustaches kill people. 

17 minutes ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

I absolutely love my P226 Legion SAO.  I don't want to say it's my favorite, but only because it would hurt my 1911's feelings.

SAO? Is that a special edition or something? Or like how a million companies make AR-15s? 

I severely doubt you have a Sword Art Online P226. I mean you could... But Asuna and Kirito or whatever on that gun would be funnier more than anything. 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

SAO? Is that a special edition or something? Or like how a million companies make AR-15s? 

I severely doubt you have a Sword Art Online P226. I mean you could... But Asuna and Kirito or whatever on that gun would be funnier more than anything. 

SAO = Single Action Only. 

saomagwell.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

3 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

From what I can find, SAO stands for Single Action Only (no Double Action trigger).

*EDIT*
Curses, ninja'd by @Real_PhillBert

WillingQuerulousCicada-max-1mb.gif