Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
1 minute ago, Daftendirekt2 said:

The roller-delayed blowback mechanism is extremely reliable. But, if you are ever thinking about reloading, the PTR-91 wouldn't be a wise choice since brass gets mangled up from extraction. My C308 uses the exact same mechanism as this is what the brass usually looks like: 

Reveal hidden contents

019.JPG

If you can't stomach the price of .308 ammo, you can get a PTR-32. They accept most standard AK mags and are chambered in 7.62x39

Reveal hidden contents

HKRPTR005-2.jpg

But honestly at that point, you might as well buy an actual AK if you plan on shooting 7.62x39

I would actually get that over an AK, because I dislike AK and AK variants. Every single one I've fired has felt "rickety", as in it felt like it was going to fly apart in my hands.

I can stomach the .308 price. Mainly for the .308 power over 7.62 and 5.56 at medium range. More penetration and what-not.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On April 19, 2016 at 8:13 PM, Trik'Stari said:

I would actually get that over an AK, because I dislike AK and AK variants. Every single one I've fired has felt "rickety", as in it felt like it was going to fly apart in my hands.

I can stomach the .308 price. Mainly for the .308 power over 7.62 and 5.56 at medium range. More penetration and what-not.

Right now I am having a hard time finding good .308/7.62NATO for the price. It seems like the only cheap stuff I can find is Tula. The ZQI ammo I used to buy all of the time is next to near impossible to find anywhere. I'm actually really mad at myself for not buying that stuff in bulk earlier this year before it became unobtainium about a month ago. 

Talk about timing, SGAmmo just got more ZQI 7.62NATO in stock. Time to stock up! :D

Give me the rice

USPSA night!

It's been about a month since I was last able to make it to one, but I made it tonight.

2016-04-18%2019.27.06_zpsdnpismuy.jpg

2016-04-18%2019.42.55_zpsgu9wflfc.jpg

We are also going to start using #WhiteTargetsMatter :P

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

A buddy of mine with an FFL said he can get me a US made G19 Gen4 for $440, but will have to wait for his distributor to get more in stock. I told him to grab one when they are available.

Now I just play the waiting game... 

I might sell my Austrian Gen3 G19, I bet I can get ~$400 for it, and that would make for a super cheap upgrade, but it would also rule out any double pistol fun.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

On 4/19/2016 at 6:13 PM, Trik'Stari said:

My brother has a saiga 308 AK clone that kept kicking the dust cover off when shooting it. We took it to the gunsmith at the store we bought it from just to have him basically call us stupid and have us show him how we put it on. He said there was nothing wrong. Same thing happens next time we shot it so we had the gunsmith "fix" it. Didn't do shit and I had to bend the dust cover to fit correctly and now it's fine. We don't go to that shop anymore.

Well today I'm going to go shoot my firearms, only taking these out to the range

tYyTUQk.jpg

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

• 4 weeks later...

HK is actually bringing a semi-auto MP5K to the civilian market! Woot Woot!

Although it's HK so they still hate us so MSRP is $2699usd... And last time I saw MP5 mags they were ~$80 each.

Still kinda want, I'd file a form 1 on this the second I got one home, that's for damn sure.

SP5K-RIGHT-REVISED-MAY-11-2016-WEB.jpg

http://hk-usa.com/hk-models/sp5k-2/

On 5/19/2016 at 11:36 AM, Real_PhillBert said:

HK is actually bringing a semi-auto MP5K to the civilian market! Woot Woot!

Although it's HK so they still hate us so MSRP is $2699usd... And last time I saw MP5 mags they were ~$80 each.

Still kinda want, I'd file a form 1 on this the second I got one home, that's for damn sure.

SP5K-RIGHT-REVISED-MAY-11-2016-WEB.jpg

http://hk-usa.com/hk-models/sp5k-2/

I would love to have this also but not for the price, I am currently still looking for a Luger P08 for me because that is the firearm I always wanted.

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

Finally moving to a house so i can start considering getting into shooting.

Will have to wait until i can afford a proper safe that i can bolt to the floor though. (Legal requirement) 

But at least its progress^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

This seems kind of un-american 

dn7e6Y2.png

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well just bought another Mosin Nagant today (will post pictures later). Going to start my little project for it, I want to do the Archangel kit for it and do a nice muzzle brake for it and use it for a 500 yard gun. Will need to pick up a nice scope for it soon don't know what I want to get yet.

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

Well just bought another gun today. Randomly bought a Beretta 92FS since it was cheap enough to order it. Will get it next week on Friday. Can't wait to try it out and see what it is all about.

Also still need to take picture of my recently bought Mosin Nagant but cant take any yet due to the fact my parents are borrowing my camera while they are on their vacation :( kinda want it back and hope they didn't break it.

GfD0hcW.jpg
uwEKTjB.jpg

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Poohy14 said:

Well just bought another gun today. Randomly bought a Beretta 92FS since it was cheap enough to order it. Will get it next week on Friday. Can't wait to try it out and see what it is all about.

Also still need to take picture of my recently bought Mosin Nagant but cant take any yet due to the fact my parents are borrowing my camera while they are on their vacation :( kinda want it back and hope they didn't break it.

Sweet! 

I really like my 92FS Inox:

2014-04-22205539_zps03e4d0e8.jpg

Also, This happened earlier this week:

Ruger SR1911 .45ACP. 

2016-06-032018.04.54_zpsdx9cfhvi.jpg

Usually I'm not a huge Ruger fan but people seem to really like these so I figured I'd give one a shot. 

I forgot this thread exists..

Thoughts on the Browning X-Bolt Hunter vs a Tikka T3X? Bolt on the Tikka felt better but the Browning had a more comfortable stock which yes I know is more important that a firearm feels right in your hands but I can always change the stock.

dang. How did I not see this thread sooner?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

16 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Sweet! 

Ruger SR1911 .45ACP. 

Usually I'm not a huge Ruger fan but people seem to really like these so I figured I'd give one a shot. 

Nice! I love mine. I like how it's a series 70 1911 without the firing pin block.

2016-06-03.jpg

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Sweet! 

Ruger SR1911 .45ACP. 

How do you like your 92FS??

Also I haven't heard on anything about Ruger and their 1911 if they are any good, I got a Para 1911 since they are cheapish but very underrated and should be bought by more people since I love mine.

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, Poohy14 said:

Also I haven't heard on anything about Ruger and their 1911 if they are any good, I got a Para 1911 since they are cheapish but very underrated and should be bought by more people since I love mine.

The Ruger has pretty much everything I'd want in a custom 1911. Skeleton trigger and hammer, stainless finish, rosewood grips, and it's a series 70 without the firing pin block. Makes it one of my favorite guns I have to shoot. I have had some failure to feed issues with the 8 round extended magazine, but the standard 7 round mag works great.

4 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

dang. How did I not see this thread sooner?

Welcome! This thread kinda goes in spurts. I wouldnt mind a few more active participants :)

4 hours ago, TopDollar said:

Nice! I love mine. I like how it's a series 70 1911 without the firing pin block.

*SNIP*

Yep, that's half the reason I bought it. I only have ~200 rounds through it over the last couple of days but it seems to be smoothing out nicely. I've had a few malfunctions with it but from what I understand that is to be expected until they brake in a bit. 

3 hours ago, Poohy14 said:

My 92 is my smoothest pistol by far, it's a bit big for what it is but overall I like it. I certainly don't plan to get rid of it. I don't recall any malfunctions over the ~2000 rounds I have put through it either. You can kind of feel the age of the design when compared to more modern guns though. I'm not a huge DA/SA guy but a nice 92FS is pretty much a necessity in any respectable service pistol collection. 

2 hours ago, TopDollar said:

The Ruger has pretty much everything I'd want in a custom 1911. Skeleton trigger and hammer, stainless finish, rosewood grips, and it's a series 70 without the firing pin block. Makes it one of my favorite guns I have to shoot. I have had some failure to feed issues with the 8 round extended magazine, but the standard 7 round mag works great.

The only thing I have noticed that I wouldn't mind seeing added is some front strap checkering, but that's probably the USPSA guy in me always wanting a better grip :P 

18 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

My 92 is my smoothest pistol by far, it's a bit big for what it is but overall I like it. I certainly don't plan to get rid of it. I don't recall any malfunctions over the ~2000 rounds I have put through it either. You can kind of feel the age of the design when compared to more modern guns though. I'm not a huge DA/SA guy but a nice 92FS is pretty much a necessity in any respectable service pistol collection.  

Yeah never shot one before so I don't know what to expect and plus I'm use to my Smith and Wesson M&PL Pro Core I have with a Apex trigger in it but oh well I got this 92FS for $560 so I wasn't going to complain about it since that was cheap for it. Plus I am trying to save money since I just bought a Storm lake threaded barrel for my M&P since I am buying a suppressor in 2 weeks.

wj2a1AW.jpg

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

After looking up the price of ammunition in sweden i decided to go with pistol shooting.

Since its 3x cheaper

23 minutes ago, techswede said:

After looking up the price of ammunition in sweden i decided to go with pistol shooting.

Since its 3x cheaper

What are your laws around gun ownership over there?

14 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

What are your laws around gun ownership over there?

You can own a gun if you are a hunter or if you are a member of a target shooting club.

In my case i need to join a pistol club and shoot a 22. for six months before i can get a license.

Then i can purchase a gun that needs to be kept in a safe and can only be fired at the range.

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

You can own a gun if you are a hunter or if you are a member of a target shooting club.

In my case i need to join a pistol club and shoot a 22. for six months before i can get a license.

Then i can purchase a gun that needs to be kept in a safe and can only be fired at the range.

Thanks!

Europe has such a varied set of laws on guns from country to country so I can never keep them all strait. :)