Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
2 hours ago, TopDollar said:

Man, that Henry is beautiful.

I also carry an M&P Shield, but mine is chambered in .40 S&W. It's the absolute perfect sized carry gun for me and I love it, but I've been actually thinking of trading it in for a 9mm Shield.

Yeah I love my Henry but I was looking at the 40 shield but seen the 9mm on sale so I bought that instead. Wanting to do the Apex trigger on that like I do on my other S&W firearms.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

42 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'd be happy to pay for quality. I don't know much about the gun community as a whole. Not looking to knock over a mountain. Just want something controlable. 

Well what caliber are you looking into??

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

46 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'd be happy to pay for quality. I don't know much about the gun community as a whole. Not looking to knock over a mountain. Just want something controlable. 

.22LR or 9mm is a good place to start.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

8 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

This really^

Probably .22. I've shot my grandad's .22 rifle (not a clue what it was, he just said it was his .22 rifle, had a 25 round magazine, that's all I know) and then his .30-06 (think that's how you type it) bolt action rifle a few years ago, and it was fun. The .22 I got decent with for my first time shooting, and the .30-06 was a bit too much, but I was able to keep control of it. In a handgun I don't think I'd want to go any bigger than 9mm for my first one.

.22LR is a great place to start, but in some areas of the country it can be a bit hard to find right now. Make sure it's easily available in your area before picking anything up.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

10 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

This really^

Probably .22. I've shot my grandad's .22 rifle (not a clue what it was, he just said it was his .22 rifle, had a 25 round magazine, that's all I know) and then his .30-06 (think that's how you type it) bolt action rifle a few years ago, and it was fun. The .22 I got decent with for my first time shooting, and the .30-06 was a bit too much, but I was able to keep control of it. In a handgun I don't think I'd want to go any bigger than 9mm for my first one.

If you go with 9mm for your first handgun, and you just want to target practice, remember that a heavier handgun kicks less, lighter and smaller handguns kick like mules.

On 9/14/2015 at 8:57 PM, ThatOneRussian said:

'Merica

'Murica*

Also, I particularly love using the AK47 and getting the double tap head-shot in CS:GO.

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

I was reading about that last night after I posted. It's a bit of an interesting concept but it makes sense. I suppose that's just because there's small and large guns that can shoot small and large rounds. Thanks for pointing that out though. :) definitely something that should be said 

That's definitely true. I've fired 9mm pistols that kick more than my 1911 .45. Even though the .45 is a larger, heavier bullet.

Definitely try a few different guns and calibers before buying, if you can. Some gun ranges will allow you to rent a gun for an hour or so. Find something that you are comfortable with. I like my 1911, even though it's not considered a good carry weapon because of the size, weight, and the cartridge having worse performance than a 9mm. I like it because it fits my hand perfectly, and I can be accurate with it.

shot my first pistol couple weeks back : Glock 20 10mm i really liked it also shot a Kimber CDP loved it too.

13 minutes ago, TacticalRacoon said:

shot my first pistol couple weeks back : Glock 20 10mm i really liked it also shot a Kimber CDP loved it too.

The 20 is quite the powerhouse, neat choice!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

16 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

This really^

Well I own a few .22 LR. Do you want a revolver or a semi auto .22. That is the next step to figure out what you want if you want a .22 to start out with since they are cheap to shoot and cheap to buy over a 9mm. 

I just bought last week 1400 rounds of .22LR for $110 at my local Gun Store. Really cheap to shoot and will last a long time.

3 hours ago, TacticalRacoon said:

The Glock 20 is one of the few Glocks I havent shot yet. Personally I dont know if I want to since I really dont like Glocks, but I love how interesting that 10mm round is so I might give it a chance.

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

19 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

I started with a 9mm handgun (Sig Sauer P226). I wanted something that had more kick than a .22 LR since I find the kick to be part of the fun, but I also wanted something fairly cheap to shoot. 9mm was a good option since it's plentiful and not too expensive ($30 for 100 rounds here).

34 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Semi auto .22. For sure don't want a revolver for my first. Thats also a good deal on rounds it seems.

I've put ~23,000 rounds down my P22 and love it. The Ruger MKIII series is a good pic, as is the S&W M&P22, stay away from the Sig Mosquito though, those are notorious for having constant problems.

On 9/14/2015 at 7:07 PM, ThatOneRussian said:

Drop an AK into a swamp. Clean it off it works. Do the same for the m16 broken....

Actually, that's BS. Sure, it might not be if you leave the bolt open, but that's the same for both guns.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

On 4/12/2016 at 1:55 PM, Poohy14 said:

I just bought last week 1400 rounds of .22LR for $110 at my local Gun Store. Really cheap to shoot and will last a long time.

I bought 500rds of .22 for five bucks USD. (7.50 if you wanna get technical)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

On 3/16/2016 at 10:22 PM, Windspeed36 said:

So, 9mm options - K,Go. Debating a Baretta 92FS. Used purely for comp shooting. Ideas?

P320.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, No said:

do csgo guns count

Nah

Spoiler

Well went to a gun show this weekend and picked up 3 guns.

~Mosin Nagant M44

uFqs7Kz.jpg ZATRI7Y.jpg TO3Mnvf.jpg

~Para 1911

otKS8Fz.jpg ZWK6Ckw.jpg

~Beretta 1301

Spoiler

No pictures of it yet maybe sometime soon I will take one

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

"This was heavily inspired by the car thread, so I am hoping you will behave as well as you guys do over there."

Inspired by the car thread? Oh dear.. Everyone over there is a jackass.. Especially the guy that started it.. jk

Still undecided if i should get a pistol or rifle license. (Have to pick one since it takes six months to get a license) 

I'm mostly interested in black powder firearms and i'd like to get either one of these.

If i go for a pistol license - A pair of dueling pistols

Dueling_pistols.JPG

If i go for a rifle license - A civil war whitworth rifle with a scope

Whitworth-Malcolm-Scope-.jpg

At first i'd probably get something more modern that is a bit cheaper. 

If it is a rifle i'd probably get something chambered in 6.5x55 swedish (Cheap) Or if it is a pistol i'd probably get something chambered in .22 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

7 hours ago, techswede said:

If i go for a rifle license - A civil war whitworth rifle with a scope

Whitworth-Malcolm-Scope-.jpg

That scope yo, but that rifle looks so good I want one, but I will have to have that scope as well. DAMN!!! dat scope cant get over that thing.

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

Me, I haven't truly found a favorite gun yet, although it isn't the spray-k. Maybe something bullpup style chambered in something between 5.56 and 7.62 mm?

Well, I am finally getting a decent job now that I graduated with an Associates degree in Network Security.

It's laptop repair work for school districts, but it's decent paying and actually 40 hours a week. So I find myself wondering what guns I want to buy. It's a toss-up between a PTR-91

PTR_91K_Carbine.jpg

Semi-auto .308

Or a PS90

ps90_std_large.png

Which fires the 5.7x28mm cartridge. A hard to find, but VERY hard hitting cartridge. (powerful enough that the hippies want to ban all sales of it to civvies). Also has a ridiculous size when you consider the 50 round magazines.

Then again, I might go with a pistol like the FNX 9mm. Something I can carry, but still attach a flashlight to.

so i got a story for you guys.  Yesterday i contacted a guy who had an ad on Armslist for a S&W 45 for $380 in Houston, Texas.  So i contact this guy and was able to bring him down to $360!!!!  Being excited as i was planning on going to a gun show, i was able to purchase the gun on my way to the show.  I am planning on selling this thing at the show.  I had my father and two cousins with me in my truck during the sale. As soon as I brought the gun back from the sale to the truck with me my cousin said, "Dude! Thats the gun I am looking for!  You willing sell it?!?! I will give you $450 for that!!!"  I sold this gun to him immediately buying it! Made $90 in 2 minutes!!!!!  Now that i have $700 for budget instead of $610, I could be open to many things. I went to the show and saw a stupid amount of Ruger no.1's but i then saw a Browning high power M.K. for $700! I haggled this guy down to $650! So today, i planned on buying and then selling a sw mp 45 for $450 then going on buying a fnx-9 for about 500. instead i sold this gun to my cousin immedeately after buying it, then splurged on a very underpriced high point.  I had a good day.

I own several guns, but I'm kind of classic with my handguns as the Colt 1911 is my favorite.  I own one, and damn they are beauties.  My favorite rifle is going to have to be my AR-15.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.