Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE

I have a general interests in guns but I cannot get any since i live in Denmark.

H&K USP vs Glock. Please don't post if you have not shot with both. What do you prefer and why?

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Yeah, I don't know how we can live here.

Oh wait, I do... happy and peacefully...

lol . no need for guns in aussie land cuz everything else is already trying to kill u.

I'm from Texas. I like AR15S and AKs. My most favorite rifle to shoot is a Mosin Nagant 91/30. I love the tactile responsiveness of a bolt action. It's like the cherry MX blue switches of the Gun world.

I'm from Texas. I like AR15S and AKs. My most favorite rifle to shoot is a Mosin Nagant 91/30. I love the tactile responsiveness of a bolt action. It's like the cherry MX blue switches of the Gun world.

There is something rather special about the feel of a smooth operating bolt action.

I am in the middle of refinishing my 44 mosin, by in the "middle" I mean I took it apart in 2013 and I haven't gone back to it.  Think ill resume the project this fall after I finish building my work bench.

I have a general interests in guns but I cannot get any since i live in Denmark.

H&K USP vs Glock. Please don't post if you have not shot with both. What do you prefer and why?

Those two are very different animals. The USP is a double-single gun where the Glock is a striker gun. 

Doubles are pretty much always drag as they are have relatively long and heavy trigger pulls, but then the single action trigger is much lighter and shorter. The HK triggers are really nothing super great unless you get into the Tactical models where they get the match trigger, those are much better. 

Glock triggers are actually pretty decent considering the price point. Plus there is no variation from shot to shot. 

The USP has an external safety, whether you like that or not is up to you. Personally I dont care for it, however I do like a double single gun with a de-cocker which the USPs safety doubles as. One nice thing about the USP though is that you can carry it cocked and locked much like a 1911.

I think the USP is a much more interesting gun than the Glock, but then again my daily carry gun is a Glock 19.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

There is something rather special about the feel of a smooth operating bolt action.

I am in the middle of refinishing my 44 mosin, by in the "middle" I mean I took it apart in 2013 and I haven't gone back to it. Think ill resume the project this fall after I finish building my work bench.

You should definitely show some images of the resulting stock. Refinished wood can make a mosin look 200% better. I made a stupid decision of buying an archangel stock. The entire magazine catch and release mechanism simply fell out the other day.

You should definitely show some images of the resulting stock. Refinished wood can make a mosin look 200% better. I made a stupid decision of buying an archangel stock. The entire magazine catch and release mechanism simply fell out the other day.

Will do.  I have done some metal work on the barrel and action so far.  Smoothed out the bolt considerably.

Going to do some bluing to touch up some rust spot.

I'm all for not hiding the ugly truths of what criminals and mentally unbalanced people do... but really... stop glorifying these people by plastering the freaking name everywhere. 

Oh yeah. Gun thread. I have a few. I don't have any tacticool rifles, just a .45XD (want to trade in for a smaller 9MM for concealed carry). I enjoy waterfowl hunting as well.  

9mm are good for concealed carry, I like .357 magnums but their limited to 5-6 shots, though I bet there is a .357 clip pistol out there the only question is it any good and how big is it, so a standard m1911 with .45 is probably a good fit for me but the downside is .45 rounds aren't cheap like 9mm.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

9mm are good for concealed carry, I like .357 magnums but their limited to 5-6 shots, though I bet there is a .357 clip pistol out there the only question is it any good and how big is it, so a standard m1911 with .45 is probably a good fit for me but the downside is .45 rounds aren't cheap like 9mm.

Personally I prefer having more ammo vs. more stopping power.  Most threats are ended in less than 2 shots to the body.  Having more ammo means I have more chances to get those 2 or less shots in. That's why my DC is usually a 9mm or a .40.  Shot placement > stopping power.

Personally I prefer having more ammo vs. more stopping power.  Most threats are ended in less than 2 shots to the body.  Having more ammo means I have more chances to get those 2 or less shots in. That's why my DC is usually a 9mm or a .40.  Shot placement > stopping power.

True, I see that as sound logic but the 1911 holds 9 rounds in total so it's not like it's limited as badly as say a magnum, but it is still less than many 9mm with close to 20 rounds, I like the stopping power personally because as someone said if you need more than a few rounds you should have brought a rifle, though I get your point.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

True, I see that as sound logic but the 1911 holds 9 rounds in total so it's not like it's limited as badly as say a magnum, but it is still less than many 9mm with close to 20 rounds, I like the stopping power personally because as someone said if you need more than a few rounds you should have brought a rifle, though I get your point.

To each is own, and honestly the "best" carry gun is the one the person is most comfortable with.

Personally I alternate between a glock 27 which has 11 rounds of .40 s&w and a FNX9 which holds 17+1 rounds of 9mm.

The glock is smaller and thus more concealable so I use it during the warmer months. The fnx is for the cooler months.

Please;

This is a Gun Club thread for those that enjoy shooting, hunting and guns in general, it is not a Gun Debate thread.

To those that are injecting debate into this thread please Do Not continue and leave.

If you have intention to debate the ethics of gun ownership or have anti-gun rhetoric please do so in a separate thread.

Do not post if your comment if it has no positive contribution. Keep all comments on topic.

Thanks

@Jack.EXE

Can we update the rules of thread to help control this. Thanks.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

#MosinNoggatMasterRace

In texas can't you just have a gun when your 15?lol

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Yeah, I don't know how we can live here.

Oh wait, I do... happy and peacefully...

please shut the fuck up, this is not the place for a gun control debate

Personally, I'd like to see more guns chambered in 7.65 tokarev. it's a smaller bullet, but the speed is so high it has great stopping power.

Lets hope this thread doesn't get.... Shot down.

Seriously though, I've have three questions of you all don't mind me asking.

Not going to lie, my knowledge of guns is fairly limited to the basics, (workings, terminology, etc.), anyone know a good YT channel/website for learning more (I'd prefer to avoid the overly dramatic channels...)? I feel like I'm failing to Freedom.

Have any of you considered playing with airsoft/paintball since its cheaper? I've heard of a lot of people playing around with both recently since its cheaper and easier to mess around with.

What's your favorite gun fitted to an aircraft? I find the large-caliber cannons (37mm+) from WW2 rather interesting if not that effective.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

please shut the fuck up, this is not the place for a gun control debate

Read the fuck up. I didn't even mention gun control.

Are you American or something? The way you froth at the mouth when you even suspect the thought of taking your guns away....

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Lets hope this thread doesn't get.... Shot down.

Seriously though, I've have three questions of you all don't mind me asking.

Not going to lie, my knowledge of guns is fairly limited to the basics, (workings, terminology, etc.), anyone know a good YT channel/website for learning more (I'd prefer to avoid the overly dramatic channels...)? I feel like I'm failing to Freedom.

Have any of you considered playing with airsoft/paintball since its cheaper? I've heard of a lot of people playing around with both recently since its cheaper and easier to mess around with.

What's your favorite gun fitted to an aircraft? I find the large-caliber cannons (37mm+) from WW2 rather interesting if not that effective.

I would check out MAC (military arms channel), Tim is very knowledgeable doesn't take himself too seriously. YannkeeMarshal is also good but he is more entertaining than informative.

I have been shooting IDPA and IPSC for a few years now, going to my first USPSA meet tonight. I have played a handful of paintball matches and a couple (like two) airsoft competitions as well and they didnt really do anything for me. Frankly, there are too many whiny kids in airsoft and paintball for my taste. Once you step into competing with actual firearms the crowed gets a lot better, and obviously more mature. 

As for guns on planes, I prefer the gun they built a plane around:

fe32d3_3622735.jpg