Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE

It's light upgrade time!

And in an effort to broaden my horizons, this is my first ever non-surefire weapon light, a Modlight PLH-18650, but I'm a creature of habit so I picked up a Surefire DS tailswitch and Surefire SR-07 tapeswitch. 

I'm still waiting on the Cloud Defense tape switch mount, so for now the tapeswitch is only clipped over the rail and not ziptied (which is what I hate about this switch) on. 

I can't wait for it to get dark to see the difference. 

20190928-144417.jpg

I'm using an Arisaka Mlok offset scout light mount which keeps it about as tight as I can to the front sight. 

20190928-150640.jpg

20190928-150615.jpg

The rifle is a little dirty in this pic, but this is how it's sitting at this time:

20190928-150757.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

On 9/28/2019 at 5:13 PM, Real_PhillBert said:

It's light upgrade time!

And in an effort to broaden my horizons, this is my first ever non-surefire weapon light, a Modlight PLH-18650, but I'm a creature of habit so I picked up a Surefire DS tailswitch and Surefire SR-07 tapeswitch. 

I'm still waiting on the Cloud Defense tape switch mount, so for now the tapeswitch is only clipped over the rail and not ziptied (which is what I hate about this switch) on. 

I can't wait for it to get dark to see the difference. 

20190928-144417.jpg

I'm using an Arisaka Mlok offset scout light mount which keeps it about as tight as I can to the front sight. 

20190928-150640.jpg

20190928-150615.jpg

The rifle is a little dirty in this pic, but this is how it's sitting at this time:

20190928-150757.jpg

beautiful! How do you like the mro? I want a setup like that!

Victor F. 

My hobbies include: machining, electronics, radiation, and guns

DESKTOP: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  Motherboard: Asus ROG B550-I RAM: Corsair Vegenence DDR4-3000 SSD: Samsung 970 Pro GPU: MSI GTX1070 Ti Titanium CASE: NZXT H1

LAPTOP: Apple MacBook Pro i7, 16gb ram, 256gb ssd. (2018 model) 

CAMERA: Panasonic Lumix G85

PHONE: iPhone 7 

DRONE: Dji Mavic Pro

11 hours ago, anonvx said:

beautiful! How do you like the mro? I want a setup like that!

I really like the MRO, it's a big step up from the Vortex Strikefire 2 and Vortex Spark I've had on the rifle before. 

I've had the MRO on this rifle for almost a year now, I leave it on 24/7 and this rifle gets shot ~ 200 rounds a month or so and I've never changed the battery. With my RMR I change the battery on the 1st of the year, and I plan to do the same with the MRO. 

I got it without a mount from PSA for $325 shipped, so if you keep your eyes open you can find good deals.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

PF9 blew up this afternoon. looking for a replacement. Looking at a Shield... ...maybe.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

5 hours ago, knightslugger said:

PF9 blew up this afternoon. looking for a replacement. Looking at a Shield... ...maybe.

Highly recommend the Shield 2.0.  Now my opinion is just a sample size of one, but as someone who loves sub compact (and actually compact) 9mm and 380s, the Shield 2.0 is my favorite of them.

It has better trigger pull than the 1.0 plus forward slide serrations, if either of those are important to you.

Either way, with a shield you can't go wrong.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, kaiju_wars said:

Highly recommend the Shield 2.0.  Now my opinion is just a sample size of one, but as someone who loves sub compact (and actually compact) 9mm and 380s, the Shield 2.0 is my favorite of them.

It has better trigger pull than the 1.0 plus forward slide serrations, if either of those are important to you.

Either way, with a shield you can't go wrong.

So i shot a P365 rental the other day (they didn't have a shield to rent) and compared the triggers. Not a fan of the Shield's trigger. The Shield is longer, taller, and heavier, and doesn't have the capacity the P365 has. Sig has the better spec'd handgun.

However

The Hellcat could be a game changer, at least for me. I am used to a Springfield trigger. it'll boil down to that for me i think. trigger break, physical dimensions (weight being a big one), and capacity.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/10/11/gunmageddon-ii-california-gov-signs-dozen-gun-control-bills

I know we try to steer clear of politics in this thread, but this is important information for our fellow gun loving members in Commiefornia.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone uses 7.62x39 msg me I'd like to talk to you.

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

On 10/12/2019 at 9:28 AM, knightslugger said:

So i shot a P365 rental the other day (they didn't have a shield to rent) and compared the triggers. Not a fan of the Shield's trigger. The Shield is longer, taller, and heavier, and doesn't have the capacity the P365 has. Sig has the better spec'd handgun.

However

The Hellcat could be a game changer, at least for me. I am used to a Springfield trigger. it'll boil down to that for me i think. trigger break, physical dimensions (weight being a big one), and capacity.

bought the Hellcat. like it so far.

System specs:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gun gang, 

I've really been thinking on what more modern full-size handgun to get into. I've really been leaning towards an M&P 2.0 9mm. I've had the opportunity to shoot the gen 1 and it felt good. I've shot glocks and while I enjoyed them, I found them to be blocky and maybe not for me.

For you guys who have maybe several of the major offerings (Glock, M&P, XD-series and so on), which have you ultimately gravitated towards most?

2 minutes ago, bmichaels556 said:

I've really been thinking on what more modern full-size handgun to get into.

What's a modern handgun in your eyes?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Student 1 in the classroom: Hey, check out my MP3

spacer.png

Student 2 in the classroom: Nah mate, check out my Apple MP4

spacer.png

Quiet student in the classroom: Why don't ya check out my MP5 instead. Free Amazon delivery to another dimension.

spacer.png

Everyone in the classroom:

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, bmichaels556 said:

Hey gun gang, 

I've really been thinking on what more modern full-size handgun to get into. I've really been leaning towards an M&P 2.0 9mm. I've had the opportunity to shoot the gen 1 and it felt good. I've shot glocks and while I enjoyed them, I found them to be blocky and maybe not for me.

For you guys who have maybe several of the major offerings (Glock, M&P, XD-series and so on), which have you ultimately gravitated towards most?

Take a look at the Sig P320 platform, about as modern as you can get, feels great to shoot, and highly customizable with the grip modules

10 hours ago, bmichaels556 said:

Hey gun gang, 

My dad has an M&P 2.0 with safety and I like it much more than I thought I would (I'm a 1911 fanatic). I've actually thought about buying one for myself.  Another one to try is the Sig P226. I have a Legion SAO and can't say enough good things about it.  Price is a bit steep though. 

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Anyone here have a coworker that blows half of his (monthly) income on guns and then complain about being broke?

If so, is he buying questionable at best guns because "they're cheaper so I'm not spending so much on guns?"

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

35 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Anyone here have a coworker that blows half of his (monthly) income on guns and then complain about being broke?

If so, is he buying questionable at best guns because "they're cheaper so I'm not spending so much on guns?"

probably...?

System specs:

Just now, knightslugger said:

probably...?

The guy's very vocal about it.

And I'm pretty sure his ego is a large driving factor behind it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

okay. ...that's unfortunate.

System specs:

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Not a coworker but I know someone like that.

On the bright side, he might sell me the Taurus G2C he bought if he doesn't like the feel of it.

A girl who loves to love.

Just now, knightslugger said:

okay. ...that's unfortunate.

Yeah but I genuinely don't feel sorry for him. He's kind of an asshole.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

15 hours ago, Drak3 said:

I... May or may not be that guy lmao

No, I'm not excessive with it, but I definitely have bought a new gun when I really shouldn't have. Not often though. 

One nice thing is that guns do tend to hold a good amount of value over time, so it's not the worst thing you could do I think.

15 hours ago, Drak3 said:

One of the elitist "Oh, look at all the cool stuff I can afford. Also I just bought a $3,000 1911, just because!" king of guy? lmao And then complains afterwards.

15 hours ago, Aimi said:

On the bright side, he might sell me the Taurus G2C he bought if he doesn't like the feel of it.

See, that's one thing I've never really understood. "I bought it so I could figure out if I like it, and if I don't, I'll get rid of it."

I've almost always tried the bigger gun purchases I've made. I care less on a .22, but on let's say, a $500 gun, I try to at least shoot it and see if I like it first..

16 hours ago, Aimi said:

is this healthy for you