Dumbest Tech Questions/Quotes You've Ever Heard

NInety

"All in one computers have the same power as a low end and mid range gaming rig" 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

"All in one computers have the same power as a low end and mid range gaming rig"

What is the problem with that ?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

[Deleted by user]

Edited by Jedd
Delete supid comment from years ago

"Use the CPUs to your advantage i have put powerpoints on them!" -My Chemestry Teacher.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

my dad who is relatively tech literate but still doesnt know anything about hardware.

Gpu not displaying anything : "Did you try reinstalling windows ?"

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

"640k ought to be enough for anyone "

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

"gotta buy a graphics card now because a friend of mine says they are becoming illegal soon"

WHAAAATT ?????!!!

A friend : I just got this new awesome new gaming pc , i paid XYZ amount of money for it.

Me : Nice , what graphics cards does it have ?

friend :*looks through spec sheet*

(smiles) it has a gt740.

Me : How cute ...

oh man i wished i remembered the whole conversation..but ive been trying to get my buddy to ditch his console in favor of PC gaming for the last few months, even built him some lists on PCPP to show him how cost effective it can be

At work last night he hits me with the gem

"well pc games dont look much better than my ps4 or ps3"

he has never played a game on a quality pc in his life

sean- "I cant play pc games because i love my console controller"
me- "Sean you can plug your console controller into your pc"

sean- "Wut are you talking about youre full of shit that doesnt even make any sense"

s- "pc gaming is too expensive"

me- "you spent 600 bucks on your ps4 with camera and headset, and then another 70 to get a new controller and 50 bucks a year for online"

s- "yeah so?"

he makes me want to ragequit life sometimes lol

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

A friend : I just got this new awesome new gaming pc , i paid XYZ amount of money for it.

Me : Nice , what graphics cards does it have ?

friend :*looks through spec sheet*

(smiles) it has a gt740.

Me : How cute ...

been trying to get my buddy mark to shell out 800 bucks to build a gaming/capturing/rending pc out of all high end pretty much brand new parts [told him id help him pick out what to get and put it together and troubleshoot]

i keep trying to get him to shell out a little more to get a way better experience [he expects 1080p60fps simultaneous gaming, render, and capture on a console priced machine]

comes back and says "you been sending me PCPP lists for ever but eff it im just going to buy this CLICK LINK"

i almost punched him right in the nose..

i kept him from buying it though lol

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

Best Buy and Walmart Employees - go ask them stuff :D

this is so true..and almost sad..i went to best buy to buy a new monitor [ASUS VX279H] and the guy working the monitor/prebuilt computer department is some 70 year old man, who was very nice and tried his little heart out to understand what i was talking about when discussing monitor specs and shit, but had NO IDEA what i was talking about lol. but at least he knew i was in another league and cautiously let me sit down at his employee "what do we have in stock" terminal and find what i was looking for.

Project Hephaestus

My girlfriend's mom isn't very tech literate and thought all computers were capable of wifi by default. You can't really be mad at that generation since they didn't grow up around this stuff like kids today.

been trying to get my buddy mark to shell out 800 bucks to build a gaming/capturing/rending pc out of all high end pretty much brand new parts [told him id help him pick out what to get and put it together and troubleshoot]

i keep trying to get him to shell out a little more to get a way better experience [he expects 1080p60fps simultaneous gaming, render, and capture on a console priced machine]

comes back and says "you been sending me PCPP lists for ever but eff it im just going to buy this CLICK LINK"

i almost punched him right in the nose..

i kept him from buying it though lol

I hate how OEMs put i7s in "high end" desktops but put a horrible gpu like the gt 745 in them.

People just assume that if a computer has an i7, it will be great and don't pay attention to the video card.

What is the problem with that ?

It's a bit like saying "the sky is blue"... sure, generally, most of the time that is true, but what about sunsets/sunrises, cloudy days, smog, etc.?

There are some AIO that have high end parts and can even be customized like that weird bulky one Linus showed, and at the same time, some are so low end that they would barely be able to run windows, never mind any applications.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Where is the power button.

some are so low end that they would barely be able to run windows, never mind any applications.

Can you name one?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

This HP gaming rig will blow your mind and will play your games at amazing graphical settings and ready for gaming domination! :o

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-phoenix-desktop---810-470

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

This HP gaming rig will blow your mind and will play your games at amazing graphical settings and ready for gaming domination! :o

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-phoenix-desktop---810-470

Yeah, maybe if you add a 980Ti... lol

What were they thinking?