Dumbest Tech Questions/Quotes You've Ever Heard

NInety

How much is that £9.99 keyboard?

idk, I'd say about £9.99 :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

idk, I'd say about £9.99 :P

Where you there because that's word for word how I responded :D

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Where you there because that's word for word how I responded :D

No but I guess we think alike :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

for $1000? :P

Also I'd like to know his logic behind believing that better ram will get his OC from 3.2 GHz up to 3.6 GHz

A: Probably for.. £20~

B: Advertising/Not tech savvy :D

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

4b0d8c241d9adfcd59e09a1ed84a6dbf.jpg this guy was selling a "legendary" gaming PC on eBay for $1400 AUD ($1000 USD) it also had a 6770.

Just wow...

My current rig (C2Q Q9400, 8GB RAM, SSD & 2x 7770) was less than 200CAD!!!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just wow...

My current rig (C2Q Q9400, 8GB RAM, SSD & 2x 7770) was less than 200CAD!!!

But is it legendary? :P

But is it legendary? :P

that's not the adjective I would use, no

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

someone asking if they can build a pc and install the ps4 os on it. happened on linustechtips.com im serious.

That's intriguing tho. There must be some mad enthusiast out there who could do this. With stutters and basically no functionality, but somewhere out there, I know, you are, sitting, reading, laughing to yourself, and thinking: 'peasants can't even ps4 pc'

Depends on how you see this, but i got asked by a guy (friend) to set up his ps4 .... while its just plug and play ....

Gave me 50 euro for it that i didnt ask for -.-

Let's agree to disagree

That's intriguing tho. There must be some mad enthusiast out there who could do this. With stutters and basically no functionality, but somewhere out there, I know, you are, sitting, reading, laughing to yourself, and thinking: 'peasants can't even ps4 pc'

Well I heard that Linux can be made to run on a playstation (3 or 4 can't remember), but I imagine the other way around would be considerably more difficult.  I don't know much about the design and system architecture of consoles but I think one of the main obstacles would be that the OS and the games are highly tuned to run on the exact hardware of whatever console it is.  sort of like the difficulties of doing a hackintosh, but on all the steroids :)

Well I heard that Linux can be made to run on a playstation (3 or 4 can't remember)[.]

It's PS3. However, later revisions of the PS3 OS had the option removed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's PS3. However, later revisions of the PS3 OS had the option removed.

Of course.  Wouldn't want it being too useful now would we? :P

Well I heard that Linux can be made to run on a playstation (3 or 4 can't remember), but I imagine the other way around would be considerably more difficult.  I don't know much about the design and system architecture of consoles but I think one of the main obstacles would be that the OS and the games are highly tuned to run on the exact hardware of whatever console it is.  sort of like the difficulties of doing a hackintosh, but on all the steroids :)

I was mainly joking. I'm pretty sure the PS4 OS has mad hardware compatibility issues (obviously, it literally only runs on one system with lots of custom components)

Still, I could imagine that there's some guy out there...

Or someone made a Linux distro to look like PS4, slapped some Emulator on there and said 'duh it runs bad because it's different hardware and it's not official'

30hz is optimal for gaming.

is that from a fanboy?

If you think all console gamers are "console peasants" then you dont belong to the pc master race

but the fan boys on the other hand...

Well I heard that Linux can be made to run on a playstation (3 or 4 can't remember), but I imagine the other way around would be considerably more difficult.  I don't know much about the design and system architecture of consoles but I think one of the main obstacles would be that the OS and the games are highly tuned to run on the exact hardware of whatever console it is.  sort of like the difficulties of doing a hackintosh, but on all the ster

Nonsense, Both of them run on some kind of version of BSD. It would be possible to get them to PS4 and PS3 to run Linux. BSD is similar to linux (both are part of the unix family).

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

<insert name here> Why on earth do you want to overclock your computer! That can kill it. and what do you even need more power for.

<me> (Face palm)

<me> Its safe as long as it doesn't over heat and you know what you're doing

<insert name here> But they aren't made for it so they cant handle it

<me> Yes they can

If you think all console gamers are "console peasants" then you dont belong to the pc master race

but the fan boys on the other hand...

"I have an AMD R9 GTX 970X."

I found out later he meant two 970's in SLI.

That guy plays terraria and Minecraft.

He didn't even build it himself.

I ran terraria on an athlon 64 x2 3800+ and a 9800 GT... the 9800 GT was total overkill :P

"What's a transistor"

Oi, that could very well just be genuine curiosity. The average person (and, honestly, most PC guys) don't know what a transistor is.

4b0d8c241d9adfcd59e09a1ed84a6dbf.jpg this guy was selling a "legendary" gaming PC on eBay for $1400 AUD ($1000 USD) it also had a 6770.

So he's selling overpriced, outdated stuff that's often generations behind the current stuff? 

His name Steve?

Depends on how you see this, but i got asked by a guy (friend) to set up his ps4 .... while its just plug and play ....

Gave me 50 euro for it that i didnt ask for -.-

I need your friends man. Most of my friends are techy enough (if that's even what you'd use here) to set up that kinda stuff... and usually I help them for free.

Although, a friend asked me whether she'd be able to herself upgrade to Windows 10. I said yes, but a clean install would be better (because I'm absolutely sure that her system has more viruses than actual data), and after she never brought her laptop around, she upgraded herself... with all the viruses...