Dumbest Tech Questions/Quotes You've Ever Heard

NInety

Parks and Recreations: 

and one from my friend who was building his PC: "Wait is there supposed to be a CPU Cooler"

I brought a 200w PSU to school for a computer project my other friend said: "200w! Thats A LOT OF POWER!!"

CPU: AMD FX-6300 @3.8 GHz     |     Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212     |     RAM: G.Skill NS Series 4x4GB      |       Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990FXA     |     Case: Antec One     |     Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270x HAWK    |    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2    |     HDD: 1 WD Black (Programs Files), 1 WD Caviar Blue (Boot)     |     KB & M: Cooler Master Storm Devastator Blue     |     Speakers: Logitech Z506     |     UPS:  CyberPower 1500w     |

Every time you use comic sans, one programmer dies.

"Windows 10 is a virus"

There are people who would debate that.

Do i need thermal paste can i just use tooth paste or something else with paste in the name

You can use toothpaste to cool a CPU... It works pretty well actually. Just make sure it doesn't come into contact with socket pins as toothpaste is slightly conductive.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Another kid at my school talking about Gaming Laptops

Me: Yeah, if you're looking for the best value for money you should stay away from Alienware, there's a lot of Hidden gems floating about in this country (South Africa) last place you should be looking is the big tech shops.

Him: What labels?

Me: MSI, Gigabyte,Asus ROG, Acer Nitro, and there's quite a pretty powerful Notebook from Lenovo you should look at (Y5070)

Him: I've never heard of those dude! And all Lenovos are trash!

Me:...

Him: I like Alienware and HP (He was referring to the HP Omen which costs about $2600 here, and has the exact same specs as the Lenovo which costs literally half and his HP Laptop with an i7-xxxxU and GT740M that costs the same as the Lenovo)

Me: You realise that the specs are what determines performance, not price?

Him: NOOOO! Specs aren't that important, as long as it has Intel i7 and Nvdia Graphics card (He didn't even say Nvidia right. He said EN-VEED-AH)

Me: You realise that not all Core i7's are the same thing right?

Him: Well yeah there's newer ones and older ones.

Me: *Face-cactus*

How do i download RAM?

www.downloadram.com

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

You can use toothpaste to cool a CPU... It works pretty well actually. Just make sure it doesn't come into contact with socket pins as toothpaste is slightly conductive.

thermal.png

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Link for site pls (specific page)?

idk, I just searched "Thermal Paste Comparison" on google images to find this (I knew what I was looking for since I've seen that pic before, just didn't know where)

But this appears to be the source

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

idk, I just searched "Thermal Paste Comparison" on google images to find this (I knew what I was looking for since I've seen that pic before, just didn't know where)

But this appears to be the source

Thanks that's what I needed :)

There are people who would debate that.

Well yeah, but apparently I was downloading Windows 10 from a dodgy website (Windows Update).

Well yeah, but apparently I was downloading Windows 10 from a dodgy website (Windows Update).

Wow I'm surprised you don't have more malware than just Windows 10 Kappa

Wow I'm surprised you don't have more malware than just Windows 10 Kappa

Da Fuq?

Da Fuq?

Do you understand what kappa means?

If not it's k but it was key to getting the joke so ya :)

"But do I really REALLY need Microsoft Windows?"

Primary: Xeon E3-1231v3, 32GB HyperX, GTX 960

Mobile: Lenovo Thinkpad X61 running Apricity Linux

Do you understand what kappa means?

If not it's k but it was key to getting the joke so ya :)

No, I literally have no clue xD

No, I literally have no clue xD

It's a Twitch emote - without much detail it basically renders my whole statement a joke, like "just kidding" would, kind of. used mostly in light-hearted trolling