Dumbest Tech Questions/Quotes You've Ever Heard

NInety

It's a Twitch emote - without much detail it basically renders my whole statement a joke, like "just kidding" would, kind of. used mostly in light-hearted trolling

Mkay

"But do I really REALLY need Microsoft Windows?"

Actually, no, not at all.  Unless there is some specific Windows-only program you want to run that doesn't work well in Wine.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

thermal.png

Yep. This is what I was referring to.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Actually, no, not at all.  Unless there is some specific Windows-only program you want to run that doesn't work well in Wine.

Yeah, I knew that. The customer was trying to get of a free license.  :P

Primary: Xeon E3-1231v3, 32GB HyperX, GTX 960

Mobile: Lenovo Thinkpad X61 running Apricity Linux

person a "when is Cyber monday"

me "pulls out phone and googles it"

person a thx

lmao

it spies on you.

Re:- Win10

I thought (if you knew what you were doing) you could change settings to negate all this 'phone home' crap .

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Do you understand what kappa means?

Some sort of sports clothing manufacturer?

http://www.kappa.com/uk

"This too shall pass"

I thought (if you knew what you were doing) you could change settings to negate all this 'phone home' crap .

Do you think they would make it that easy?

Several of the things you can turn off if you can find the settings. I've seen a link to a program (on one of the for a that I frequent) that purportedly blocks them all, though I haven't tried it.

thermal.png

Wait, you mean to say chocolate ISN'T a good material between my cooler and CPU!?

Brb, think I smell burning...

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

30hz is optimal for gaming.

Sure if you like playing on a potato and a 30 year old CRT screen.

you really have no knowledge about CRT screens do you?

BTW, the thread is about dumb tech quotes, "30hz is optimal for gaming." is a dumb tech quote...

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

The CRT screens I remember let you pick a variety of refresh rates from a horribly flickery headache-inducing 50-some Hz all the way up to and well over 100 in many cases

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I've been following a support thread on Microsoft's site and one of the MS people asked a user for the model number of their PC.  The guy responded with the screencap below, and I added some context to it lol

89laEWY.jpg

"What is the start button?" I should mention that it was Windows Vista and had the basic/classic theme so the button even said start on it.... Uhhhh.

lol different kappa bro ;)

Damn forgot the smiley. Ah well here's one now.

Choose one from:- :);):P:D :lol:

"This too shall pass"

This is of the Beats by Dre youtube discussion page.

"Love the Studio Wireless! What's next, maybe a Beats by Dre Gaming Headset?"

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

This is of the Beats by Dre youtube discussion page.

"Love the Studio Wireless! What's next, maybe a Beats by Dre Gaming Headset?"

Sad part is, they'd probably make serious bank off of that

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

"The PS4 has DDR5 RAM!"

*sigh*, no it doesn't, it uses GDDR5

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

The best one for me was in year 1999 when my friends mother asked me how much color does the monitor uses and how often does it need to be refilled ;) 

I've been following a support thread on Microsoft's site and one of the MS people asked a user for the model number of their PC.  The guy responded with the screencap below, and I added some context to it lol

89laEWY.jpg

what screencap?

Edit: nvr mind got it

Can i have link to the thread pretty pls :3

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

The best one for me was in year 1999 when my friends mother asked me how much color does the monitor uses and how often does it need to be refilled ;)

dear god.

what screencap?

Edit: nvr mind got it

Can i have link to the thread pretty pls :3

Looks like the post was deleted, but here's the link anyways:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/realtek-audio-on-10041-no-dts-interactive/999099d4-d66e-4a88-be6a-fcfbbd073f3d?page=17

Was on page 17, the MS rep John W has actually been really responsive and helpful in this whole thread.  Can still see someone's response to the deleted message "?????????? Is this a question...... about DTS....??????" lol