What do you guys do in your free time, besides gaming or building computers?

ValorZero

For me, I love to screw around with Sony Vegas or Photoshop and make stupid stuff. Speaking of which, I just made a video on the recent Deus Ex - Mankind Divided preorder campaign video, and pooped on it, basically. 

What do you think of this? Just note it isn't that family friendly and it's quite loud.

Anyway, what do you guys do? Fly drones? Kites? Or playing dominoes with dead hard drives?

Design some stuff, sometimes make videos (not really anymore), collect videogames, collect pokemon cards so gotta organize both, try to make some music sometimes (not really serious about it) and that's about it

EDIT: Oh and program of course

And go to thrift stores and stuff to try to find some games sometimes

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Design some stuff, sometimes make videos (not really anymore), collect videogames, collect pokemon cards so gotta organize both, try to make some music sometimes (not really serious about it) and that's about it

EDIT: Oh and program of course

Cool, how is it like to design things? Do you use CAD or do it the old-fashioned way (which is most likely not the case here)? I find 3D modelling a pain in the butt to learn, especially with Blender. Pretty steep learning curve, if you do use Blender.

Cool, how is it like to design things? Do you use CAD or do it the old-fashioned way (which is most likely not the case here)? I find 3D modelling a pain in the butt to learn, especially with Blender. Pretty steep learning curve, if you do use Blender.

I just use Gimp (which is similar to photoshop).

Mostly design logos/banners/whatever for other people.

Never got into 3D modeling, since my PC can't handle it :(

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Overclock (bench) or college work

You do enjoy your college work, eh? As for overclocking, I don't find it that enjoyable to do in my free time because it's basically a very tedious process of guessing and checking inhibited by long stress testing durations, although from the existence of world record overclocks I do guess some people take it as a serious hobby.

I snowboard. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Roller Skiing

Biking

Nordic Skiing

Downhill Skiing

and other stuffs

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I snowboard. 

Coming from somebody who lives near the Equator and have very little land space, I'd say it sounds exciting and a bit saddening for me. Oh well.

I think you overestimate the time one can spend building computers without going bankrupt :P as for the question itself, a lot of things. I read, watch movies, mess around with linux, watch youtube, post stuff here, drool over hardware I can't afford.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Roller Skiing

Biking

Nordic Skiing

Downhill Skiing

and other stuffs

Nordic Skiing sounds scary because your feet cannot be attached to the ski and you'll just fall easily. But the same could be said for skiing for beginners in general, most probably.

I think you overestimate the time one can spend building computers without going bankrupt :P as for the question itself, a lot of things. I read, watch movies, mess around with linux, watch youtube, post stuff here, drool over hardware I can't afford.

Who knows? Maybe some people spend their time buying old computer parts and building them for recreational use.  :D

I guess it's safe to say 99% of the people here drool over hardware we all cannot afford.

Nordic Skiing sounds scary because your feet cannot be attached to the ski and you'll just fall easily. But the same could be said for skiing for beginners in general, most probably.

Yeah, just the front of your foot is atatched.

Its not scary.

The only scary part is when you go downhill on nordic skiis.

I whent down a sledding hill and over a sledding jump a few times on nordic skiis, it was fun until i faceplanted off the jump.

EDIT:

Roller skiing is more scary, you only have your front of foot atachted, but you are on wheels on pavement.

Thats why im missing some elbow skin atm

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah, just the front of your foot is atatched.

Its not scary.

The only scary part is when you go downhill on nordic skiis.

I whent down a sledding hill and over a sledding jump a few times on nordic skiis, it was fun until i faceplanted off the jump.

EDIT:

Roller skiing is more scary, you only have your front of foot atachted, but you are on wheels on pavement.

Thats why im missing some elbow skin atm

Ooh, ouch. Are your bones and face all intact? 

Work, college stuff, hang out with friends, play some pool, etc. Depends what I'm in the mood for. :)

Ooh, ouch. Are your bones and face all intact? 

For now. But i couldent lift my arm above horizontal for like a wekk after the jump incident.

In my free time I like to game and build computers

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Jogging, Basketball, Tennis, and selling crap on Ebay. 

hi-res-f79f64ff6d413fc9c45bcdadead1362e_

Mostly I just wallow in my own failure. 

Why do you think you are a failure? Don't fret, we all feel we are failures sometimes for some reason.

Work, college stuff, hang out with friends, play some pool, etc. Depends what I'm in the mood for. :)

Whee, definitely. Always in the mood for something.

In my free time I like to game and build computers

Ehahahah, snarky, aren't you.

Why do you think you are a failure? Don't fret, we all feel we are failures sometimes for some reason.

Whee, definitely. Always in the mood for something.

Ehahahah, snarky, aren't you.

'Twas a joke lad, sadly I'm the most successful in my family. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

'Twas a joke lad, sadly I'm the most successful in my family. 

I could see that, you have the means to spend on such a nice rig. I'm still am working towards my goal of being a chemist who enjoys himself in life I guess.

At the moment gaming is #1 just because of mgs vv,however I do like to fly my quadcopter and do some programming once in a while. But once it comes uni time probably a lot of work and getting drunk...

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

At the moment gaming is #1 just because of mgs vv,however I do like to fly my quadcopter and do some programming once in a while. But once it comes uni time probably a lot of work and getting drunk...

What kind of programming do you do? C++, or some other scripting language I don't know of yet?

Lift.

I'm single so look at naked chicks..

Consider knifing Terrorists before they plant the bomb IRL (when i have Russians on team)

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.