So Why Is Apple "The best" in some peoples eyes?

whatishacks

Ultimate Apple Troll PCMR edition:

Buy old Apple Pro 2012 Case:

Buy a Apple Thunderbolt Display

Buy Apple Keyboard&Mouse:

Build a custom PC in Mac Pro case, and install Yosemite on it. Let people use it and say it's the new 2016 Apple Pro MAC

PROFIT????

I would dig it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

And then you do a benchmark or play a game and the I-phone becomes a £600 lag fest...

iOS devices with PowerVR GPUs consistently have some of the best graphics performance on the market, especially iPads.

I would dig it.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

A lot of people tell me they really like the OS's, whether it's their phone OS or OSX (or whatever it's called nowadays)..  I guess at that point it's just a personal preference and what you're used to type of thing.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

Agreed, but I reckon that If you put OSX on that tablet (which you can't, but) It, would perform just the same, if not better at gaming.

You can put Os X on Windows  any tablet Tablets lol.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Agreed, but I reckon that If you put OSX on that tablet (which you can't, but) It, would perform just the same, if not better at gaming.

Ignoring the ARM =/= x86-64, not really. The phone's GPU is a bit better than like Bay Trail HD Graphics, which is a far cry from the HD Graphics 5300 in the Macbook 2015.

Ultimate Apple Troll PCMR edition:

Buy old Apple Pro 2012 Case:

Buy a Apple Thunderbolt Display

Buy Apple Keyboard&Mouse:

Build a custom PC in Mac Pro case, and install Yosemite on it. Let people use it and say it's the new 2016 Apple Pro MAC

PROFIT????

I wouldn't buy the magic mouse or the apple display, but I'd definitely buy that case. Even though building in that case is totally different and not consumer friendly.

When 21,051 becomes smaller than 17826, I'll agree with you... 

(Those are the 3D mark 11 scores BTW)

Lemme put it this way: It's like putting a 290x against a 780.

The 780 would do better in Bioshock, but the 290 would destroy the 780 in 3D mark. Get my point?

I wouldn't buy the magic mouse or the apple display, but I'd definitely buy that case. Even though building in that case is totally different and not consumer friendly.

Yeah the display is outdated, but there is a rumour that Apple will release a Imac 8K and it might just be a Apple 8K external thunderbolt display.

It's actually not a rumour, LG accidentally  "leaked" it on their blog.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

What's the difference between a Imac with shitty spec and a glorious custom build PC like mine with OS X installed?

I'm pretty sure one person could get a 5960X + Quad 980Ti system for the same price as the most expensive 5K Imac.

The difference is a computer with superior build quality, support program, lifespan and OS X. And I'm sure you can't get 5960X + Quad 980Ti for the same price as a 5k IPS display, never mind a computer built into it.

I have both a Windows gaming machine and a MacBook Pro. The MacBook is better than any other similarly featured laptop out there except for the spec. Mainly because OS X is so much better than windows for anything but gaming. But you clearly don't do anything with computers but piss your parents money on steam games and hardware that will never earn you any money.

Q.E.D.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

I blame Steve Jobs. Even before I got into computers I knew he was a damn crook. I always said when he died I'd celebrate. An iPhone owning friend said I was full of shit. The day he died I threw myself a damn party and a half. I can honestly say my life won't be complete until I spit on his unmarked grave.

Also yes, I know Steve Jobs was nothing more than a PR guy. For some reason everyone thinks he was the head honcho of Apple.

Long story short, I hate that son of a bitch with a burning passion, AND I'M GLAD HE'S DEAD!!!!!

Interesting. What did he ever do to you to deserve this? But really, what? Read the CoC mate. With statement like this no one is ever gonna take you seriously. Also what's wrong with you?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Relating to graphics horsepower, the Galaxy S6 will outperform the I phone.

Depends on the app. In benchmarks, sure.

The difference is a computer with superior build quality, support program, lifespan and OS X. And I'm sure you can't get 5960X + Quad 980Ti for the same price as a 5k IPS display, never mind a computer built into it.

I have both a Windows gaming machine and a MacBook Pro. The MacBook is better than any other similarly featured laptop out there except for the spec. Mainly because OS X is so much better than windows for anything but gaming. But you clearly don't do anything with computers but piss your parents money on steam games and hardware that will never earn you any money.

Q.E.D.

Please don't make me laugh? "Superior build quality"? How can a Imac with 0 cooling that thermal throttles like hell have "build quality".

Also why do I need support from Apple for just a OS?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

But nobody wants a 5K display, because there are no GPU setups powerful enough yet...

Apple just used it as a selling point- It's like 4K tv's- They always say in the adverts "4K UHD READY"

Most PCs or macs can drive a 5k display for just productive work. Just because your display is 5k res, doesn't mean that everything you do like rendering is 5k aswell.

About the 4x lower res on the iPhone, I know that this is true. However, it's stupid having a 1440p display on a 4" display. It's unnecessary

When 21,051 becomes smaller than 17826, I'll agree with you... 

(Those are the 3D mark 11 scores BTW)

I understand that benchmarks are almost everything to people, but you have to come back to the real world every now and then.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/In-depth-test-of-the-iPhone-6-Galaxy-S6-HTC-One-M9-and-Nexus-6-settles-which-is-the-fastest_id68480

http://bgr.com/2015/04/22/galaxy-s6-vs-iphone-6-performance-tests-gaming/

The point to take away is that those benchmarks don't translate into any meaningful difference in actual performance. 

That doesn't make any sense, did you mean the Iphone 6? And anyway, the Mali T760MP8 was around more than a year before the I-phone 6... 

I meant the iPhone 6. And your claims are kinda baseless.

I can rip on Apple as much as the next guy but you're kinda being a baseless fanboy at this point.

This dude is what made Apple, Apple today.

Steve Jobs had brilliant marketing tactics 

2015-07-17-1437155465-1424656-SteveJobs.

I would read both of these books (I read them and own them) 

They tell alot about how he started and how he did marketing and the big people he met and sold his product to.

Steve_Jobs_by_Walter_Isaacson.jpg

9781442459038_xlg.jpg

Both great books and worth the money.

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

No doubt about it, however much I may dislike apple as a company, he was one of the best entrepreneurs/marketing tactics/salesmen- whatever you'd call him out there. He knew what he was doing- and boy did it show...

R.I.P Steve Jobs.

Apple. "Think Different".

Yeah man, just a shitty prebuild with a different OS installed to them. How the fuck did Steve Jobs "Think Different"

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Lmao, how many times do I have to tell you you can install OS X on every PC/Laptop/Tablet?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Lmao, how many times do I have to tell you you can install OS X on every PC/Laptop/Tablet?

Not every PC nor tablet are fully optimized to run it smoothly

Not all of them have the required or specified parts

And not everyone wants or knows how to do it

True, but- he managed to make his company worth $700 Billion dollars- so somebody obviously fell for it because of his marketing tactics, or whatever he did.

Apple. Think MARKETING different.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU