Windows 10 proven to spy on users, regardless of settings or system tweaks.

iwasaperson

It's not that you "agree with that", but rather you are passive and not willing to fight for what is right and proper.

There's a word for that.

Yup i can agree with that, i am a lazy fuck.

I know that feels bro.

Yes but how do you obfuscate a code?

Wish I knew, frankly.

Speaking of frank, Frank^2 did a panel at Defcon a few years ago called 'Trolling With Math', which was about just screwing with x86 assembly and it mentioned something about obfuscating code, and then obfuscating the obfuscator.

It...made no sense and was pretty silly.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

This thread is so hilarious, lmfao. Are you guys seriously going to not upgrade to Windows 10 because an untrustworthy, unverifiable source tells you this without providing any reproduceable tests? Come on now. If you're going to take something for face value without looking into how trustworthy the source is or how verifiable it is, then who's actually the sheep?

This thread is so hilarious, lmfao. Are you guys seriously going to not upgrade to Windows 10 because an untrustworthy, unverifiable source tells you this without providing any reproduceable tests? Come on now. If you're going to take something for face value without looking into how trustworthy the source is or how verifiable it is, then who's actually the sheep?

better safe than sorry

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

google has been doing this for years but microhard has really gone one step further.

Wait, people seriously think that W7 is fine and the safer alternative?

No, Windows in fucking general is a botnet designed to farm your data, personal information, and to basically spy on you. It's not suddenly a safe haven, Windows (and Microsoft) products have always been like this.

Install Linux.

Is it possible to make a lawsuit against my constitutional right?

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Except, it's proprietary software.

Windows = could be spying on you, very likely is based on masses of evidence.

GNU/Linux = is objectively not spying on you, based on its open source code and non-proprietary software.

So the burden of proof is on Microsoft here.

Possibly. It does say in the ToS that they do this kind of thing, but in places like Europe, the law overrides their shitty ToS.

I'm not sure about American laws.

Apple collects OS usage data too, and unlike the OP's source it's actually verifiable. Your privacy is not really "safe" or even guaranteed unless you disconnect yourself from the internet.

never owned, used, or wanted to own/use an apple device.

Your privacy is not really "safe" or even guaranteed unless you disconnect yourself from the internet.

That doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly bend over and let companies do whatever the fuck they want to do with my privacy. I will do everything I can to prevent and minimize it.

Also, who gives a shit about Apple? Again, there are legit alternatives like any Linux distro.

So the burden of proof is on Microsoft here.

I believe I've already said I'm waiting for Microsoft's official word on this whole thing. The burden of proof is indeed upon them.

That doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly bend over and let companies do whatever the fuck they want to do with my privacy. I will do everything I can to prevent and minimize it.

Also, who gives a shit about Apple? Again, there are legit alternatives like any Linux distro.

More power to ya then. Just remember to direct your anger towards Google too, they've been doing much of the same shit and have been for years. Privacy is a good thing, but as it stands what I said is true. In a perfect world, things like targeted advertising and data mining would be opt-in rather than opt-out, but we don't live in that world, and even if you use Linux there's still ways for third parties to figure out how to data mine you. But if we keep on fighting the good fight, we will change this.

I personally like privacy too and opt out of data mining-type things whenever possible. I'm just not very outspoken about it. I'd rather keep some of my opinions to myself or between me and close friends of mine.

As for who gives a shit about Apple, you'd be surprised...

Shit! Now microsoft will know I'm addicted to raccoon videos and goat simulator. FML!

On a serious note, my W10 PC is purely for gaming purposes and I don't have any sensitive files on that PC. So I really don't care if they do this whether it's for stats or for what the fuck they want to with it. 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

yes you can peobably take microsoft to court and state that it breaches your rights and though you agree with the rest of the EULA you don't agree to risk microsoft collecting  data onyou, That data can be leaked or sold to the highest bidder(A company that you could never agreed terms to) in the possable future causing your private information becoming public

you can try, but you might loose, unless the judge agrees with you, (ect)

if you win you might make microsoft have cease all information collection as said by a court, or you might get you, and only you a special windows 10 copy that wont sent data to microsoft

or you might get a cash payout

"Life's too Short, Use Express Install" Express install subject to spying
                                        -Microsoft 2015

More power to ya then. Just remember to direct your anger towards Google too, they've been doing much of the same shit and have been for years.

I do. Google, Apple, Microsoft, Sony, Facebook, amongst many others.

even if you use Linux there's still ways for third parties to figure out how to data mine you

Of course but as I said, there's plenty of ways to minimize this greatly.

As for who gives a shit about Apple, you'd be surprised...

But that's their problem, not mine. Even if Apple is pulling the same shit too, that doesn't make what Microsoft or Google or Facebook are doing any better.

So basically if I will be attacked by a hacker and my data such as bank account information and passwords will get stolen, i can sue microsoft and i can surely lose couse MS have loads of money so thinking that way is just naive.

I knew from the start that they going to spy on us. They did well before win 7. They give you win 10 for free, even for illegal copies of win7,8.1 and you all were expecting there is nothing between the strings?...

Besides we are monitored everywhere so what is the difference addind MS to account?.... No matter if its a CCTV camera or your own phone or bank accout, all important companies and people knows everything about you already. The point is why you are so mad about this? that kinds of information is useless unless you are a big  fish with big money on you, or you famous, or some VIP or criminal. Really data of normal person that is just living the day, obey the law and lives like mindless robot going to work every day and paying taxes is just bin filler for anyone.

I guess this picture fits this thread nicely.

bastian-schweinsteiger-manchester-united

It's the new Manchester United 2015/2016 home kit btw.. 

I do. Google, Apple, Microsoft, Sony, Facebook, amongst many others.

Good. It seems like everyone has forgotten that MS isn't the only guilty party here, there are plenty of other corporations who will willingly violate your privacy for ad revenue.

Of course but as I said, there's plenty of ways to minimize this greatly.

Yeah, I know. I'm just waiting for Microsoft's response before doing anything. Might seem bad, but I have my reasons.

But that's their problem, not mine. Even if Apple is pulling the same shit too, that doesn't make what Microsoft or Google or Facebook are doing any better.

Keep in mind I wasn't excusing Microsoft or anyone else with that statement. Data mining without the user's consent or approval is bad, no matter who does it.

Wow. Can we stop the train now??? MS is just the latest one to add to the list of ad grabbing. Lets all go into a corner and have a cry.  :mellow:

post-229093-0-39823800-1439437618.gif

^^ love this gif.

(Disclaimer: This in no way makes me a fan boy just love the gif.)  :D 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

We can only hope.

If I must, I will READILY pirate a windows 10 that's been changed to remove this crap completely (not just turn it off). And just so MS or whomever can't bitch, I will pay for a distro, and then not use it.

Yes, because a pirated version won't have blatant security holes.  Oh wait.  The chances that it will have adware or keyloggers embedded into the OS is incredibly likely given that you don't know the person responsible for stripping out those features.  You have no idea what their intent is.  Microsoft, unlike an anonymous coder, has a financial incentive to disclose the data that they collect.

In comparison, do I like pharmaceutical companies?  Not necessarily but there is a certain amount of disclosure in what active ingredients are present in medications.  I would prefer that than getting some mystery cocktail off the street.  That's exactly what a pirated version of Windows with stripped-down features is.  You don't know the original code base well enough to compare it against the modified version.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Yes, because a pirated version won't have blatant security holes.  Oh wait.  The chances that it will have adware or keyloggers embedded into the OS is incredibly likely given that you don't know the person responsible for stripping out those features.  You have no idea what their intent is.  Microsoft, unlike an anonymous coder, has a financial incentive to disclose the data that they collect.

In comparison, do I like pharmaceutical companies?  Not necessarily but there is a certain amount of disclosure in what active ingredients are present in medications.  I would prefer that than getting some mystery cocktail off the street.  That's exactly what a pirated version of Windows with stripped-down features is.  You don't know the original code base well enough to compare it against the modified version.

The data being collected is encrypted, you have no control over what is done with said data, nor (to my knowledge) have they gone into full detail about what data is being collected so......it's essentially the same thing. The difference here is that you are basically forced to sign a legally binding contract that allows them to do it, while waiving all liability should the worst (and inevitable) happen.

Forced, if you want to use DX12 that is.

Edit: That's the problem with all this data collection bullshit, whether by the government or corporations. It's all implied consent, assumed guilt, no right to verify the veracity of the data, nor any control over what is done with it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yes, because a pirated version won't have blatant security holes. Oh wait. The chances that it will have adware or keyloggers embedded into the OS is incredibly likely given that you don't know the person responsible for stripping out those features. You have no idea what their intent is. Microsoft, unlike an anonymous coder, has a financial incentive to disclose the data that they collect.

In comparison, do I like pharmaceutical companies? Not necessarily but there is a certain amount of disclosure in what active ingredients are present in medications. I would prefer that than getting some mystery cocktail off the street. That's exactly what a pirated version of Windows with stripped-down features is. You don't know the original code base well enough to compare it against the modified version.

hit the nail right on the head there.

Hope it's not sent in plain text or some passwords might get intercepted

it's encrypted, that's why the asshat who wrote this rumor in the first place admits that he has absolutely no idea what data is sent to microsoft's cloud.

Define R5 Black Window || i5 4690K || Scythe Kotetsu || Asus Maximus VII Gene || Kingston Fury 8GB || EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 || EVGA G2 750W || SSD/HDD/ODD