Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I'm using IE9 since over a year and actually like it :ph34r:

OUT!

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

I'm using IE9 since over a year and actually like it :ph34r:

ie too,  I don't have any off the problems everyone says there are. IDK why?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

My laptop has a single core Atom @ 1.6GHz and 1GB of RAM, the graphics is that bad it sometimes struggles to run 480p videos on YouTube... ;)

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

CALL THAT OLD?? This is old...                 

Still haven't come around to restoring it :(

That thing is technologically brilliant compared to the Toshiba T1000 I have at home. It didn't even come with a hard drive. DOS came pre-installed on a 256KB ROM chip. I remember messing around with it when I was like 6 and as far as I know it still works. We just don't have a power adapter for it. I must try source one for it. I'd love to start messing on DOS 2.11. We have had ten generations of windows since this thing was released. I wouldn't know what to do on it even if it did run. Don't have any floppy's for it. Stil;l cool to have though. 

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

• So...I'm using the mouse and keyboard supplied with my prebuilt PC (and now it gets ugly) which is an HP Envy Phoenix h9 I got around two weeks ago coming from an 1.8 GHz Pentium.I really wanted to build myself a custom PC, but in the long run I've found myself with an OC ready 3550K, a 8760 (7770 GHz) and a headphone amp [i think] (Beats Audio) which will serve me well for a good piece of time. 

• I do also like the MacBook/Mac Mini line, the iPad and the iPod touch [and that's it]. 

I also use an HP (yes another one) 23 inch IPS monitor, it beeing the best I could find at my local retailer. Switching from a 4:3 TN it's gorgeous and still I thnik it's a Samsung panel.

i'm using TVs as monitors..

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

I can't really get into any game anymore... I'll play it for 2 hours max and then probably never launch it again. 

Not your fault, it's been a long while since we have seen games as good as Half-Life 2.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

I hate Skyrim.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

I push people to get Nvidia because of physX but I have hardly run games with it on in my lifetime cuz it is so demanding and I never get around to play all the physX games..

I said that this thin keyed ONN kb was a great deal at $9.99 and it would end up being a great buy and that is the farthest thing from the truth.  It is total garbage and one of them crapped out after only a year.

I prefer to put computers together sitting in my underwear so I have less chance of creating static and I just feel more comfortable with no pants on most of the time.

I said I would never buy AMD gpus til they got physX but ended up buying one for my son but hey I guess that is not the same thing as me gaming with one.

I use a tv as a monitor and like it better than actual monitors both CRT and the 21.5" Samsung 1080p monitor we have.

My personal pc rig has no media drive currently and yet I always talk about how I want games to come in boxes and I want physical media.

I have bought 2 gaming mice but have never set up a profile cuz I am afraid I will screw it up and not know how to do it and on top of that I find that I can't reach all the buttons on these things anyway so I guess a gaming mouse was a stupid purchase but really I will let myself off the hook on that cuz I didn't pay much for either one.

I have bought over 200 games on pc, consoles and more and have a nice gaming rig but I just don't play games like I used to so kind of crazy to have all those games. (This has been turning around recently though this past year as i have been playing more)

I am a keyboard turner in mmorpgs.

I am banned from Sarnia Future Shop cuz they didn't like me telling people to shop elsewhere and not buy FS's extended warranties on things.

I have a psu that cost me $100 and it has a 5 year warranty or so and I have yet to RMA the thing to Mushkin and could eventually end up with nothing out of the deal if I don't stop procrastinating and mail it off.

I did load up Sexy Beach pc game one time but yes I realized how hurtin' that was and got rid of it.

I bought a printer more than 2 months ago now and still haven't gotten ink for it as it didn't come with any.  Why buy a printer if you are not going to buy the darn ink ?

I have dragged my feet for so long not installing an aftermarket cooler I bought in 2010 and it was originally to be in my son's socket 775 pc but now maybe someday will end up in my 1155 rig.

I have a 2500k cpu that has never been overclocked properly staying at stock speeds most of the time.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

i thought a gt610>gtx580 cos the number was bigger  :lol:

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I am running amd phenom ii b55 quad core processor, it's unlocked and i can't see the real temp of the processor because of the two faulty cores which were locked.  :(

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, GFX: Asus GTX 970 Strix, MOBO: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING, RAM: DDR4 GSkill Ripjaw 4 (4GBx2 @ 3000mhz), SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120gb, HDD: Hitachi 500gb, PSU: Corsair CX 430w, DISPLAY: Acer GD245HQ, CASE: NZXT S340 white, MOUSE: Logitech MX 518, KEYBOARD: TVS-E USB Mechanical  

I'm still using the first generation Logitech G15 keyboard and G5 mouse while having gone through two system upgrades already.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I tell people to buy a Mac so they won't bother me with questions.  I didn't use motherboard risers on my first build.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

I use included driver disks! jk.

"An Excellent Signature"

I hate Skyrim.

^ This. EDIT: Hate is a strong word. I prefer 'Dislike'

1 - I have a 2009 Macbook. NOT THE PRO. :(

2 - I bought an Alienware X51 from my brother for $600. He was selling it half off. I hate the 660 non TI. It gives me decent FPS's on high/ultra settings though.

3 - I dont really need/want a sound card.

4 - I have a PS3.

5 - I dont really hate console gamers. I just find most of them to be really immature.

6 - I love Apple's aesthetics. 

EDIT: Hate is a strong word. I prefer 'Dislike' @heineygoat

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I used the included driver disk for my chipset and such.

only because the bloody network chip would not work without it.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

Everyone has some dark secret about tech that you are just too embarrassed to talk about. Maybe you're still using a trackball mouse (gasp!), or maybe you still run Windows Vista!

Y59rfKc.jpg

If everybody can get these things off their chest here at once, we'll all feel better I'm sure ;)

------------

I'll start:  I really think that Ducky keyboards are pretty ugly.  :(

I use a Guitar Hero Microphone for recording audio/talking on Skype.

http://i.imgur.com/1JukwsC.jpg

R.E.V.O.

Realise       Every       Victory      Outright

I OC'ed my 3570k to 4.2 ghz... ON THE STOCK COOLER!

Cpu: I5 3570k @ 4.3ghz Gpu: EVGA GTX 780 FTW edition Case: Corsair 300R​ Ram: 8GB Corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Motherboard: ASUS P8-Z77 V-LX Keyboard: Corsair k50 raptor  Mouse: Razer naga 2012 edition OS: Windows 8.1

I OC'ed my 3570k to 4.2 ghz... ON THE STOCK COOLER!

if it runs stable.. that is pretty damn brutal.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

if it runs stable.. that is pretty damn brutal.

It did run stable, at 85C on battlefield.

Cpu: I5 3570k @ 4.3ghz Gpu: EVGA GTX 780 FTW edition Case: Corsair 300R​ Ram: 8GB Corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Motherboard: ASUS P8-Z77 V-LX Keyboard: Corsair k50 raptor  Mouse: Razer naga 2012 edition OS: Windows 8.1

I once put a ram stick in the wrong direction

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I got another confession that will make people go crazy, I actually prefer Sandy bridge over IB and haswell

I think a lot of people think that, I for one thinks that.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

It did run stable, at 85C on battlefield.

85C? oh. atleast you'll be able to fry a egg on there..