Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I ruined my motherboard with a BIOS flash :/ didnt do any research about flashing the BIOS

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

I ruined my motherboard with a BIOS flash :/ didnt do any research about flashing the BIOS

Wow :p one of the more technical fails.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Like a pseudo-desktop right? If so that's pretty much how every single on of my laptops has been...

This laptop has actually been the most mobile with my occasional playing Kingdom Hearts roms when moving between my parents' houses

Yeah. I don't use it for anything else than for a second screen for YouTube or whatever because I have an Alienware X51 for gaming.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Wow :p one of the more technical fails.

I know :\ The worst is that I didnt say it was after 5 minutes of installing Windows on my computer...

At least the mobo was under guarantee

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

Yeah. I don't use it for anything else than for a second screen for YouTube or whatever because I have an Alienware X51 for gaming.

Fair enough ^_^ can't wait for my rig this year but here's the kicker.... I'm most likely going to be using this same 1600x1200 monitor with my planned build.

I know :\ The worst is that I didnt say it was after 5 minutes of installing Windows on my computer... At least the mobo was under guarantee

xD wow!

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Fair enough ^_^ can't wait for my rig this year but here's the kicker.... I'm most likely going to be using this same 1600x1200 monitor with my planned build.

Damn, that's a nice build for £900

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Damn, that's a nice build for £900

Nope £854.41 :p my exact budget is £860 and this falls barely inside it; a beast though V_V and the monitor to go with it will be this hunk of junk... or the 800x600 monitor I have under my bed XD.

Nope £854.41 :p my exact budget is £860 and this falls barely inside it; a beast though V_V and the monitor to go with it will be this hunk of junk... or the 800x600 monitor I have under my bed XD.

Well, I was rounding, but okay. Still a NICE build for £860 with dual 7950's in CFX.

Well, I was rounding, but okay. Still a NICE build for £860 with dual 7950's in CFX.

:p I'm a very specific number person I try to avoid rounding to more than 10.

If I had an extra £50 I would have got a 120MM AIO and an NF-F12.

:p I'm a very specific number person I try to avoid rounding to more than 10.

If I had an extra £50 I would have got a 120MM AIO and an NF-F12.

Or get a Noctua Nh-D14.

Or get a Noctua Nh-D14.

I don't really believe in any kind of air cooling above the hyper 212 evo; just because of all the water cooling benefits.

I overclock my cpu with amd OverDrive cuz when i overclock in bios NEVER works stable.

I don't really believe in any kind of air cooling above the hyper 212 evo; just because of all the water cooling benefits.

meh. Suit yourself.

seriously stop using it, it is one of the least secure browsers

Well chrome doesn't allow you to delete cookies as part of Google's master datamining plan. Also, I don't like firefox...

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

I have a Beats Solo and i love it.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I dual boot Vista for various reason, I love Vista, but that isn't a dark secret, none are but I'll tell some oddities.

I don't mind COD.

I prefer consoles most of the time because my friends play on them and my name (THAT I USE FOR EVER SITE EVER) was taken on Steam so it irks me. I wish I could buy it or something, I'd gladly pay like 200 bucks for it.

I still own an Xbox, I play CoD on PC way to much, My server was connected via WiFi for a few days before I got a real connection. I have a generic mouse pad from staples to go with my G400s, I have a membrane keyboard.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Once upon a time, i use oppai mousepad of Mio from K-ON.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

my first computer was a macintosh (2000 version)  
I used two really old computer for years, got them in 2006 and they were built around 1998 (3ds savage FTW)  I still have them...in a storage unit

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I don't know how to overclock yet and I have an unlocked CPU and a V8 cooler.

Same here!

I'll confess, i just upped the multiplier by a fair amount.. and i had the auto-voltage of my board on.

Thank god it is stable (for normal use, I did not try Prime95 because that is a completely unreallistic scenario)

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

Attempted to take off the screws from the bottom panel of my laptop using the wrong size screw driver. I managed to completely shave off the ridges. Now the ridges of five of the screws, holding it in place, don't fit a Philips head nor a flat head. It's just a circle. The bottom panel is stuck forever. You can say I SCREWED up but I'm not amused.