Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

i am running a 720p monitor

*cries

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”    -Henry Ford

Please do BOINC. no matter how small a contribution it can make a difference. 

I bought a cheap TN panel, it was a show model so i got a discount.

the color reproduction is horrible, but it works for gaming, i guess.

This is the ultracheap kind, where color transitions appear as every color seperate bars, not as one block.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

I use Norton Internet Security and it's awesome, it's saved me quite a few times.

I use Norton Internet Security and it's awesome.

Lies!

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

I once replaced a customer's laptop motherboard (which i honestly thought it was until i fit the new board) when it turned out it was just a faulty power button, I still charged him for the motherboard job and didnt tell him it was the button. :(

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

I have an Xbox 360 and play CoD on it 2-3 times a week even though I have Black Ops 2 on PC. I also actually like Turtle Beach. I use my X12's on both my Xbox and PC and never had any issues with them.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

I have an Xbox 360 and play CoD on it 2-3 times a week even though I have Black Ops 2 on PC. I also actually like Turtle Beach. I use my X12's on both my Xbox and PC and never had any issues with them.

I had the model that was before the X11's, I don't think they were the 11's though but they were wired. I liked them and I wouldn't mind another pair.

^ This. EDIT: Hate is a strong word. I prefer 'Dislike'

1 - I have a 2009 Macbook. NOT THE PRO. :(

2 - I bought an Alienware X51 from my brother for $600. He was selling it half off. I hate the 660 non TI. It gives me decent FPS's on high/ultra settings though.

3 - I dont really need/want a sound card.

4 - I have a PS3.

5 - I dont really hate console gamers. I just find most of them to be really immature.

6 - I love Apple's aesthetics. 

EDIT: Hate is a strong word. I prefer 'Dislike' @heineygoat

1 - Wouldn't be bad if it was the Pro

2 - Not bad if it's cheap, and depends how you were with building computers

3 - If my on board audio worked, I wouldn't want one

4 - Not bad as a BluRay player 

5 - There can be decent people on there, it's just annoying with all the kids.

6 - Yep, same.

EDIT: and to add another confession, I've never played any Half Life.

I never played mario nor pokemon.

NAAAAH JK You believed that lol?

Interested in Business and Technology

1 - Wouldn't be bad if it was the Pro

2 - Not bad if it's cheap, and depends how you were with building computers

3 - If my on board audio worked, I wouldn't want one

4 - Not bad as a BluRay player 

5 - There can be decent people on there, it's just annoying with all the kids.

6 - Yep, same.

EDIT: and to add another confession, I've never played any Half Life.

I haven't played any Half Life, WoW, Bioshock, and a few others that I forgot the name of.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Almost all mechanical keyboards are butt-ugly, too "blocky" for my taste. Except for Corsair and Logitech. They have among the best aesthetics for mechanical keyboards. Not a huge fan of massive keycaps too (I've seen some that are larger than the average keycap).

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

• I'm running Vista.

My monitor is VGA.

Dell 

I'm using turtle beach headphones for my PC that I had for my PS3 and haven't got around to buying new ones. But they are pretty decent. 

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

1. I love my Alienware laptop

2. Vista is the ****

3. I have never built my own pc I just bought a pre-made one and case swaped it and replaced so many parts you could never trace it back to that asus pc...

4. I use mac os x leopard as my main os on my powermac 

5. I have never seen the godfather

6. I disliked the 200-500 series of gpu's

7. LinusTechTips sounded so gay in one of his videos that I had to watch all 1000 to see if he really was gay..

8. I Love Windows 8 !!! we were meant to be together

9. Final Cut pro Sucked to begin with

10. up until around a year ago I thought that all a computer had in it was a hard drive and that was what made the computer fast

I LOVE EA OK!!! THEY MAKE GREAT GAMES AND EVEN THEIR BUSINESS DECSION'S ARE ENTERTAINING... IF THATS NOT WHAT MAKES A GOOD "ENTERAINMENT" COMPANY THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woah, glad I got that off my chest  :rolleyes:

alienware is not bad, they are just a bit bad with prizes...

I enjoy playing pokemon at least once a week

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I once asked a tech question on yahoo answers.

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”    -Henry Ford

Please do BOINC. no matter how small a contribution it can make a difference. 

I once asked a tech question on yahoo answers.

NOOOOOO!!! You didn't follow the advice that they gave, did you? Did your rig survive?

(nah, slight exaggeration.. I've actually seen some good and informed advice given on yahoo answers, so they're not all terribly misguided and horrendous)

On topic now:

1. I've been extremely happy with my Alienware laptop, and I'd probably consider another one if I needed another laptop in the future. (oh gosh, I can already hear the hate mail coming towards me... (I'm not entirely bad- I'm planning on building a decent desktop when I get a permanent job/apartment))

2. (not really a bad confession) I have very small hands for a guy, and I use a Logitech G700s.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I'm using a terrible membrane keyboard which is missing so many keys i've used keys from the numpad to fill the 'b', 'n', 'y', 'q', 'a', and 'Ctrl' keys. For the numpad then i keep a pen handy to press down on the open rubber.... 

Mine is that everything I build for people ends up perfect and lasts forever without anything but cleaning and updates but anything I do for myslelf has issues or breaks etc :(.

Stopped @Worth .

Nice to see we're civil

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I... I use MacBook Air 2011 13" model 1.6ghz dual-core 4GB RAM...I don't even have a proper PC

Out...

I haven't played any Half Life, WoW, Bioshock, and a few others that I forgot the name of.

I've played Bioshock, but not WoW or LoL or any of those type of games.

I used the included driver disk for my chipset and such.

only because the bloody network chip would not work without it.

Pahaha, when I built mine I used the driver disk then updated when I felt like it, was too lazy and impatient to download all the drivers seperately from the Intel site, (Back when I had my Intel board that eventually fried)

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7