Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I use a trackball for Minecraft... Nothing else, but still oh and man I hate IOS, like I think it's so simplified and I don't like the look of it.

Edited by SirReallySam

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

It took me 150 hours to beat the elite 4 and catch all the pokemon from sinnoh in Diamond. I had a action replay:(

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I bought the Logitech G19 keyboard for it's LCD... sucked so bad that I have the brightness at 0% now and only use the back-lighting which I could have gotten at half the price.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

@GIJew, I currently have 3 Alienware, M17x, M18X, and an Aurora desktop...and yes, i have been told i'm un-stable by a few, mostly my ex wife though. :blink:

My tech secret is i still have my Commodore Vic 20 with its wonderful cassette tape "hard drive" and my Atari 2600 :huh:  Does that show my age??  :lol:

I know you age, I also have a Vic 20 but i sold my amiga 500.

Anyone older then us here?

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

@GIJew, I currently have 3 Alienware, M17x, M18X, and an Aurora desktop...and yes, i have been told i'm un-stable by a few, mostly my ex wife though. :blink:

Its awesome stuff! The build quality is great, but when people buy it cause "you can change the lights and stuff" that annoys me

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

It is when i own a skyline now :P

I wish I could have a Skyline. Oh America, your car import laws amuse me. What kind of Skyline do you have? Is it a GT-R?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I have a $5000 Alienware Laptop that I got for free cause cancer.

I had no idea what I wanted at the time, and didn't think I'd live long enough for a new car.

I'm now turning 17 (3 and a half years in remission) and wanting a Dodge Challenger for my first car.

The laptop doesn't work. I don't even know why.

The screen just flickers anytime I try to turn it on. 

I use wifi on my desktop!!! :O and i have the BenQ GL2450HM cheapo monitor D:

I am using a 32 inch 720p tv as my monitor :(

And my pc is in an old hp computer case :( 

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

I'm still using a Microsoft internet keyboard.....  Released in 1992 =\

My parents didnt let me build my computer cause they wanted an "expert" to do it, so i ended up with a i5 3570k with a H77 board in an antec 900 case...But i bought another case just for I could rebuild it.  :D

Cpu i5 3570k Psu Ace 800 watt (some crap off brand) Gpu Gigabyte Windforce 660ti Ram kingston hyperx genesis 8gb ddr3-1600mhz

Case thermaltake ms i commander                         Thats My Pc!

Long, long ago I spent so much time on the phone with tech support trying to figure out what was wrong with my monitor (it kept going to sleep, and I was unable to wake it up). Turns out I was using both a vga and a dvi cable at the same time.

Anyways I've now watercooled two computers using acrylic tube, delidded three cpus, and helped out some ln2 overclockers, so I guess you could say that I'm a bit more PC savvy now. And it all started in that one moment when I realized that I was a tech-idiot. If that hadn't happened I would still be buying HPs, lusting over Alienwares, and endorsing iMacs.

I am using a 32 inch 720p tv as my monitor :(

Same here ._.

My resolution is 1824 x 1026.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Same here ._.

My resolution is 1824 x 1026.

Huh how the? resolution? O.O

Huh how the? resolution? O.O

Desktop resolution resizing via Nvidia control panel. 

1080p doesn't look nice on a 720p TV.

I have 3 displays on my desk right now. I could grab a 42" tv from the living room but my desk would be too cramped.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Desktop resolution resizing via Nvidia control panel. 

1080p doesn't look nice on a 720p TV.

I have 3 displays on my desk right now. I could grab a 42" tv from the living room but my desk would be too cramped.

o so you forced it cause im like most 720p TVs are 1366x768p60

o so you forced it cause im like most 720p TVs are 1366x768p60

Yep. It doesn't look perfect but it's actually not that bad. 

The text at 1080p is too small imo.

Yep. It doesn't look perfect but it's actually not that bad. 

The text at 1080p is too small imo.

are you doing this over HDMI? imurprised it would even allow it... And text on 32in 1080p tv is huge at monitor distance compared to a 23in monitor.

are you doing this over HDMI? imurprised it would even allow it... And text on 32in 1080p tv is huge at monitor distance compared to a 23in monitor.

Sadly, yes. 

I'm surprised my mini-hdmi to hdmi connector hasn't broken yet. 

They're kind of fragile like micro-usb's.

The text doesn't look as sharp since it's on a 720 tv which is why I need it bigger.

I'm hoping to get a 1440p display but they are quite expensive.

Sadly, yes. 

The text doesn't look as sharp since it's on a 720 tv which is why I need it bigger.

ahh what brand is it the reason I ask is of tried that on a few samsungs and no luck what so ever getting better refresh rate or resolution. Do you think it may just be taking the higher input then downscaling it because ive heard of TVs doing that for compatibility.

Sadly, yes. 

get a $300 korean one

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

ahh what brand is it the reason I ask is of tried that on a few samsungs and no luck what so ever getting better refresh rate or resolution. Do you think it may just be taking the higher input then downscaling it because ive heard of TVs doing that for compatibility.

I have a panasonic. Did you rescale the display with the Nvidia control panel? I'm not sure why TV's downscale it. It might just be because the TV's are natively 720p and you're inputting  1080p.

get a $300 korean one

A link would be nice.

I have a panasonic. Did you rescale the display with the Nvidia control panel? I'm not sure why TV's downscale it. It might just be because the TV's are natively 720p and you're inputting  1080p.

A link would be nice.

there are a bunch of good ones they been available for over a year if not more. There are at least 4 models now at $300 or so and now theres even some in the US for $350 or so.