Tesla's New 'Ludicrous Mode', "Faster than Falling" speed - 2.8sec from 0 to 60mph

GoodBytes

Tesla announced today that Model S owners will get a new Ludicrous Mode for their car, which, once enabled, will push the car from 0 to 60mph (96.56 km/h) in 2.8sec and can do a quarter-mile sprint coming in just 10.9 seconds. The old speed of Ludicrous Mode for the same car was 3.1sec.

This gives the car front engine to have 259 horse power and the rear engine with 503.

0717_tesla1.jpg

Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, said that the new mode pushes the vehicle to 1.1Gs while accelerating. This is faster than falling, the company claims.

In addition to this news, the Model S car also gets a price drop. Now it is sold at a more affordable $70,000. (Ludicrous Mode option costs $10,000 more).

Also a 3,000$ battery upgrade is introduced, to upgrade the car 70kWh, to 90kWh (P85D only - thanks: @VanayadGaming).

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/17/tesla-model-s-ludicrous-mode/

I'll buy 5 of them. How many will you buy?

I'll pass on five and instead get a GT3 or save up a bit longer my a 918 Spyder :) 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Almost To the GTR.

Im just waiting till they beat the GTR

IT already buts the gtr a run for its money.

I see so many around where i live (Detriot)

i counted at least 7 in this area.

I like how they do this via software update yet nobody attempted to hack in to car's ECU or something.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

will push the car from 0 to 60mph (96.56 km/h) in 2.8sec instead of the previous insane speed: 10.9sec.

The previous speed was definitly not 10.9 sec. 

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

Almost To the GTR.

thats actually faster 0-60 than a NISMO GTR.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Tesla announced today that Model S owners will get a new Ludicrous Mode for their car, which, once enabled, will push the car from 0 to 60mph (96.56 km/h) in 2.8sec instead of the previous insane speed: 10.9sec.

This gives the car front engine to have 259 horse power and the rear engine with 503.

Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, said that the new mode pushes the vehicle to 1.1Gs while accelerating. This is faster than falling, the company claims.

In addition to this news, the Model S car also gets a price drop. Now it is sold at a more affordable 70,000$

Also a 3,000$ battery upgrade is introduced, to upgrade the car 70kWh, to 90kWh.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/17/tesla-model-s-ludicrous-mode/

I'll buy 5 of them. How many will you buy?

it was not rated at 10 sec 0-60 in the past, it was around 3-5 sec. and 1.1 G is faster than falling, you mean they claim it can do 1.1 G correct?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

thats actually faster 0-60 than a NISMO GTR.

GG Tesla.

I wanna A Drag race now.

Now their e-pen will feel bigger.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I think it was 3.1, but don't see the big deal about the couple miliseconds as the speed gain drop after 100K/h

more importantly they have introduced upgrades and price drop 

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

it was not rated at 10 sec 0-60 in the past, it was around 3-5 sec. and 1.1 G is faster than falling, you mean they claim it can do 1.1 G correct?

previous time was 3.2 Seconds , OP directly quoted engadget article.

3.2* seconds before.

maybe he ment 10 sec quarter mile?

I think it was 3.1, but don't see the big deal about the couple miliseconds as the speed gain drop after 100K/h

I was at a intersection

Light Turns green the teslas already down the road.

its great in the city/subarbs.

Almost To the GTR.

I see so many around where i live (Detriot)

i counted at least 7 in this area.

Damn that looks nice, (the GTR) I haven't seen any where I'm at in Michigan. (Southeast between flint and detroit area)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Sorry, I miss read the source, fixed.

2.8 seconds is substantially faster than 3.1s

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'll pass on five and instead get a GT3 :)

Porsche is the best, no if ands or buts :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Thumbnail.jpg?p=130724_03:14

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Damn that looks nice, (the GTR) I haven't seen any where I'm at in Michigan. (Southeast between flint and detroit area)

not gtrs xD Model S's

iv only seen one gtr thats not been a test drive.

2 people own a model s in Farmington. (where i am) 

the other 5+ idk where the live.

1 girl at my school brought her dads tesla to school.

My only question is...This is only for New built Tesla with the 10k upgrade installed right?

Hot DAYUMN.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Really, now they should aim to beat the fastest accelerating production car ever, the Bugatti Veyron at 2.5 sec

My bad, it's not the Bugatti Veyron. It's the Porsche 918 at 2.2 sec. That's actually blindingly fast. But this is about 70-80% cheaper, at only 90-100k.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Really, now they should aim to beat the fastest accelerating production car ever, the Bugatti Veyron at 2.5 sec

probably comes with with the next patch. what is next MIB style hyper drive. but at least they have humor. 

MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE.

This is totally unnecessary but holy crap is it cool. Like, it's a 2.5 ton 4 door sedan that can fit 5 people (or 7). It shouldn't be doing 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. Yet it does *mind blown*.

Ye ole' train