Tesla's New 'Ludicrous Mode', "Faster than Falling" speed - 2.8sec from 0 to 60mph

GoodBytes

I bet like most modern cars it's horrible to drive. Classic cars are a much better driving experience than any modern car. Driving has been dumbed down over the years and it's made driving less enjoyable. going from 0-60 in such a short amount of time is nice and all but what does that actually feel like and sound like when you're doing it. It takes me about 12 seconds to do that in my car but it feels really quick and feels great. MGB GT.

I also have a problem with modern car styling. But that's another story. This car looks like a modern Jag also which is stupid, can't companies make their own style for once.

Oh and my car is 43 years old now and still works well, I wonder if this Tesla will last as long. 109,000 miles also and it does 56 miles a day.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Does that matter for a road car?

So you are saying this car is not meant to hit the highway? I don't know if people will be buying into this product in europe all that much until we see 1. a battery with at least double the capacity and/or less heat output and secondly more charging stations, which if I recall correctly there are under 40 in germany right now.

..for now i see this car only for the elite 1% in large cities not driving outside of town just for showing off their shit to impress people they don't like

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

"ludicrous speed"

I hope it's a massive red button

"There's only 3 speeds, fast, very fast and way too fast" -Matau 2004

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

"ludicrous speed"

Sadly not, but at least it's properly labelled.

Tesla_Insane_dragtimes.jpg

Here's a video showing the "slow" pre-update insane mode.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

So you are saying this car is not meant to hit the highway? I don't know if people will be buying into this product in europe all that much until we see 1. a battery with at least double the capacity and/or less heat output and secondly more charging stations, which if I recall correctly there are under 40 in germany right now.

..for now i see this car only for the elite 1% in large cities not driving outside of town just for showing off their shit to impress people they don't like

Only Germany has unlimited speed on highways. Everywhere else it's like 130 km/h. And you don't buy an electric car if you work in Germany and need to cruise on highways, it doesn't have enough range for that. It's a car for city and suburbs, for most people it's enough.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Only Germany has unlimited speed on highways. Everywhere else it's like 130 km/h. And you don't buy an electric car if you work in Germany and need to cruise on highways, it doesn't have enough range for that. It's a car for city and suburbs, for most people it's enough.

The P70 has a 370km range, P85 has 425km range (AWD versions add 15km and 10km respectively). How is that not a long enough range to take out elsewhere? Cause thats a fairly decent range to take a couple hour trip somewhere. Not ideal, but this isn't some "city car" that only has 15km of range to get you to work and back. 

Please correct in the article the place you stated that you can upgrade for 3k$ from 70kWh to 90kWh. It is for the P85D variant only.

Sadly not, but at least it's properly labelled.

Here's a video showing the "slow" pre-update insane mode.

Ludicrous speed and insane speed are 2 different settings. Please do not confuse them. 

Fixed, thanks!

:( I messed up it seems, it isn't P85D but any 85 model can get the extra battery range but only the high end model, p85d can get the extra speed

The P70 has a 370km range, P85 has 425km range (AWD versions add 15km and 10km respectively). How is that not a long enough range to take out elsewhere? Cause thats a fairly decent range to take a couple hour trip somewhere. Not ideal, but this isn't some "city car" that only has 15km of range to get you to work and back. 

Actually that might be able to take me from home to LA which is like 300 miles

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

"ludicrous speed"

Folks at Lamborghini have figured it out, sort of. Every car should have this (a car that has above average power that is).

325672_459650647405980_1111057615_o.jpg

Or Eleanor from Gone in 60 seconds

auto-500-1967-mustang-fastback-gone-in-6

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

It's enough range to take it out somewhere sometimes, not every day. Still though. That top speed only matters to a couple of Germans. For most people tesla has good range and good top speed.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I was at a intersection

Light Turns green the teslas already down the road.

its great in the city/subarbs.

Yea and it's dead silent pretty much.... hilarious.