Gamer drugged his girlfriend so he didn't have to stop playing games

ahhming

well when you have sex everytime you'll rather want to do something else.  

I mean  i often needed to choose between sex and work (since i work as freelance from home).

That's how i lost my work.. :D

Dafuq

Would rather have sex or something than shoot arrows at draugr in skyrim or be cursed by other players in league of legends

I don't know about you...but why not do both? there are mods for at least one of those things ;)

JkJk on a serious note this was utter idiocy for him to attempt this and should have had a heftier punishment than a fine perhaps mandated therapy to at least help him :S

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

http://gawker.com/gamer-roofied-his-girlfriend-so-he-could-play-for-a-few-1716585544

Since this might be a bit controversial... keep things civil, folks. Thanks. :)

gawker

Never. Never. Not in a million years would I ever go to the site. You cant make me, and how dare you for linking it on this glorious forum!  :P

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI B85I | Stock cooler | RAM: 8gb DDR3 RAM 1600mhz | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked w/ACX cooling | Storage: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window

I laughed when I saw this today :D

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Its is related to the tech world. 

No it's not. Video games being played on technology doesn't make any story that has them in it tech related. This is not about tech it's about a person who is of no relevance to the tech world. Now if a network, for example Fox, uses it to say gaming causes crime it could become passable as tech related because it's about the gaming (which can be tech related) not the person.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I don't know about you...but why not do both? there are mods for at least one of those things ;)

JkJk on a serious note this was utter idiocy for him to attempt this and should have had a heftier punishment than a fine perhaps mandated therapy to at least help him :S

i agree why not both she can sit on him while he plays

that inflammatory  title , drug addict gives some to his girlfriend, here it's fixed.

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

No it's not. Video games being played on technology doesn't make any story that has them in it tech related. This is not about tech it's about a person who is of no relevance to the tech world. Now if a network, for example Fox, uses it to say gaming causes crime it could become passable as tech related because it's about the gaming (which can be tech related) not the person.

it's a pointless argument. there are hundreds of topics in the news section that don't warrant being there.

this forum is hardly useful for actual news anymore with a thread popping up every few minutes over a one sentence blanket statement from some stupid CEO/PR team, or some pathetically bare, no spec product "announcement". but it's considered "news" because everyone likes to post meme's and lol at them, or start some barely related fanboy argument

TECH News

Move this to Off Topic or General Discussion.

This sub-forum should honestly be renamed to tech and gaming news...

In the sticky in the sub forum it says 

Tech News means news regarding technology or gaming. Please don't post topics in this forum that don't have a strong relation to technology/games.

OT: So he drugged her? I honestly don't get why Gaming has anything to do with this...

Maybe if more details were provided I could form a better opinion...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

This sub-forum should honestly be renamed to tech and gaming news...

In the sticky in the sub forum it says 

OT: So he drugged her? I honestly don't get why Gaming has anything to do with this...

Maybe if more details were provided I could form a better opinion...

I've been saying for a while that there should be a sub-forum for news in the Gaming section, separate from this one.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

>not dumping her in the first place to game more

>being this casual

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

He was nice, he just wanted her to sleep nice and deep. MY GF would have thanked me for the restful sleep not turned me over to the police. I don't understand some couples.

What did you expect...?

Well seeing as you can get up to 10 years for drugging someone without their permission (Although with a bit more serious drugs, such as LSD) I would have expected something more than a pretty moderate fine...

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

There are 746 watts in 1 horsepower

IDK how that is relevant, but its true

German efficiency showing in the German court.

Well seeing as you can get up to 10 years for drugging someone without their permission (Although with a bit more serious drugs, such as LSD) I would have expected something more than a pretty moderate fine...

Well his intention was not to kill her nor rape her. It was his girlfriend to so he knew her and all. He just wanted to to be let alone, so attempting to rape or any harm like that.

Well his intention was not to kill her nor rape her. It was his girlfriend to so he knew her and all. He just wanted to to be let alone, so attempting to rape or any harm like that.

This.  She ended up being fine the next day, punishment should suit the crime imo.  

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

You're pretty quick to imply I'm a misogynist. 

Tbf he did something extreme and harmful and your initial response is to call her a bitch. OH GEE I WONDER WHY SOMEONE MIGHT THINK YOU'RE A MISOGYNIST.

Wow, note to self: drugging my girlfriend temporarily is less effective than drugging her permanently - I mean talking it over.

Good to know that she wasn't exactly physically HARMED, but that's still must have been a jarring experience. I guess it's also good that the guy is going to straighten his life as well?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary RAM: Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti
Case: Corsair Air 240 White Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB PSU: Corsair CX500 Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Operating System: Windows 8.1N

To be honest, I'm utterly surprised about how many users here are so casual about this "No big deal, she wasn't hurt or raped".

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

First, this has nothing to do with gaming. He didn't drug her because he was a Gamer, he drugged her because he has a mental addiction. This could just have easily been over Chocolate Milk. Mental Addiction will do fucked up things to your decision making skills.

Second, it doesn't matter whether it was male or female, and who drugged who. This is extremely serious. That woman is gonna have severe psychological trauma for quite some time after this.

Third, it doesn't matter WHAT SHE DID TO HIM TO CAUSE THIS. Even if she was a total, verbally abusive bitch, it doesn't matter. It does not excuse the fact that he drugged someone without their knowledge or consent. His punishment is very much too lenient. He should receive mandatory therapy/counseling, a much larger fine, and potential jail time.

If she was abusive to him, he should have gotten help. But since we have literally no information about their previous relationship, we cannot assume she was abusive or not.

Seriously. This fucking forum sometimes.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

So? The crime and punishment I mentioned in my other post doesn't include them being killed/raped... it's its own charge that is given just simply for drugging, mainly drugs like LSD and also Rohypnol. If he did any of the things you mentioned I would expect at least 20 years or more!

I think at least a stronger fine and heavy counselling was in need, if I remember right I don't think the original article mentioned if he had to go to therapy, but you were saying his punishment was fair under the assumption that he didn't get forced to go. Do you not think someone who has this sort of behaviour should be forced into therapy and be monitored?

I don't think even some jail time would be wrong. Maybe 2 years max.

But if he was left alone to live life like normal with nothing but a small $746 fine then that is wrong imo.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

This is a really awful thing to happen. 

By the way, did this kind of super unnecessary drugging remind anyone of that Seinfeld episode where Jerry drugs his girlfriend to play with her toy collection?

Anyway, that guy needs some serious help. What he did isn't something to just ignore

Coconuts Glow!

Bah. I would've needed to drug my ex so I could start playing games, since she kept hogging my PC.

Still, it's a dick move on his part

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

This was less news and more a gamer dude bro being a piece of filth. Also, Gawker is disgusting, don't soil LTT's forum by giving them traffic.

She probably wouldn't shut up.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard