Gamer drugged his girlfriend so he didn't have to stop playing games

ahhming

Just for some gaming pleasure, look what he paid for it . $746.

Should have saved for a 980Ti or 990 Ti(Next year)........... :lol: :D ...

CPU:i5-4460; Mobo:Gigabyte H97 D3H; RAM:GSkill Ripjaws X 2x4 GB 1600 Mhz; PSU:Corsair CS550; HDD:WD Blue 1 TB

Case:Corsair Carbide 200R ; Monitor:AOC i2369Vm(1080p IPS) ; Input:Logitech G502,Mk 345 ; GPU:MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G Twin Frozer V

First, this has nothing to do with gaming. He didn't drug her because he was a Gamer, he drugged her because he has a mental addiction. This could just have easily been over Chocolate Milk. Mental Addiction will do fucked up things to your decision making skills.

Then he should have a sentence about metal helping and such, no fines or anything nor prison like people would want.

Then he should have a sentence about metal helping and such, no fines or anything nor prison like people would want.

That's not how the world works. Yes, he should definitely be getting therapy/counseling and mental health assistance, but he did something that is quite horrific - despite the fact that half the users in this thread basically think it was no big deal.

Imagine someone you trusted drugged you, and you woke up with an entire day missing, and when you woke up, you were still drugged and lethargic and couldn't think straight or operate. How fucked up is that?

He deserves a harsher punishment, to make the seriousness of his crime really set in. No, I don't think he should be locked up for years, but even a 30 day prison sentence would be more than enough to say "Boy, you dun fucked up". Add in the proper mental health assistance with counseling, and he might have a shot at reformation.

As it stands now, with a ~$750 fine, he's not going to learn much, and he probably won't get the help he needs.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Because alcoholics who do something illegal when drunk don't get jailtime or fines right? 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

A person with mental ilness =/= a drunk person.

Cool. And a mental addiction which is what we are talking about and what @dalekphalm originally stated doesn't equal a mental illness, it can be a form of a mental illness, but alcoholism is a mental addiction and/or a physical addiction at times too.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Cool. And a mental addiction which is what we are talking about and what @dalekphalm originally stated doesn't equal a mental illness, it can be a form of a mental illness, but alcoholism is a mental addiction and/or a physical addiction at times too.

Oh then he should be punished with a fine or something then. And I find what he got is fine by me.

A person with mental ilness =/= a drunk person.

A drunk person is not an alcoholic. An alcoholic is a person with a severe addiction. That's so far from being a fair comparison that I'm at a loss from words.

A normal human being can know how many drinks is enough, and can stop when they reach that limit. An alcoholic cannot do that - or at least, not without extreme difficulty, at best.

Gaming addiction is a real thing. It really has nothing to do with gaming per say, but rather, addiction in general. As I said in a previous post, you can get addicted to pretty much anything. Sex, gambling, booze, chocolate milk, gaming, heroin, etc. Some are more readily apparent with the harms, because the addiction is physically harmful - heroin and alcohol, but the mental aspect is much the same regardless.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

A drunk person is not an alcoholic. An alcoholic is a person with a severe addiction. That's so far from being a fair comparison that I'm at a loss from words.

A normal human being can know how many drinks is enough, and can stop when they reach that limit. An alcoholic cannot do that - or at least, not without extreme difficulty, at best.

Gaming addiction is a real thing. It really has nothing to do with gaming per say, but rather, addiction in general. As I said in a previous post, you can get addicted to pretty much anything. Sex, gambling, booze, chocolate milk, gaming, heroin, etc. Some are more readily apparent with the harms, because the addiction is physically harmful - heroin and alcohol, but the mental aspect is much the same regardless.

Last thread reply to the other guy I stated that I didn't read your post correctly, I thought the guy had an actual mental illness not that he is addicted or something.

Last thread reply to the other guy I stated that I didn't read your post correctly, I thought the guy had an actual mental illness not that he is addicted or something.

Well to be fair, Addiction is generally considered a mental illness, yes.

Being addicted to something physiologically changes the brain.

This is specifically about drug addiction, which is generally among the stronger addictions, but that is not exclusively so:

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/comorbidity-addiction-other-mental-illnesses/drug-addiction-mental-illness

As you can no doubt guess, there hasn't been a whole lot of research about gaming addiction specifically, but here's an article that describes doctors treading gambling addiction as brain disease (Mental illness) - gambling and gaming addictions are probably the two most related, since there's a lot of overlap:

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnewsroom.ucla.edu%2Fstories%2Fgambling-addicts-suffer-from-brain-190668&ei=oRqgVdraJ8SayASt6Kf4Dg&usg=AFQjCNHkZzJSHL1Ow3zNKii-DvEPmfaqkg&sig2=sKOuooF_wB3BD8c8Oaucdw&bvm=bv.97653015,d.aWw

The fact that people don't view addiction as mental illness, is in fact part of a global problem.

Well to be fair, Addiction is generally considered a mental illness, yes.

Being addicted to something physiologically changes the brain.

This is specifically about drug addiction, which is generally among the stronger addictions, but that is not exclusively so:

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/comorbidity-addiction-other-mental-illnesses/drug-addiction-mental-illness

As you can no doubt guess, there hasn't been a whole lot of research about gaming addiction specifically, but here's an article that describes doctors treading gambling addiction as brain disease (Mental illness) - gambling and gaming addictions are probably the two most related, since there's a lot of overlap:

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnewsroom.ucla.edu%2Fstories%2Fgambling-addicts-suffer-from-brain-190668&ei=oRqgVdraJ8SayASt6Kf4Dg&usg=AFQjCNHkZzJSHL1Ow3zNKii-DvEPmfaqkg&sig2=sKOuooF_wB3BD8c8Oaucdw&bvm=bv.97653015,d.aWw

The fact that people don't view addiction as mental illness, is in fact part of a global problem.

I meant something like a sschizophrenia or something that doesn't make you responsable. Addictions do because at first you are responsible and sane and even if you do realize you will get addicted you go ahead and do it anyway.

I meant something like a sschizophrenia or something that doesn't make you responsable. Addictions do because at first you are responsible and sane and even if you do realize you will get addicted you go ahead and do it anyway.

Oh well, not every mental illness absolves you of responsibility. There is a huge hierarchy in terms of which ones impact your decision making skills the most, and even with each specific mental illness, there are huge variations between each case.

Certainly, before you were addicted, we could assume you were a healthy person, but once addiction sets in, your brain changes. Plus, some people are actually at very high risk to addiction. It sets in very easy for some.

Well, at least he didn't kill her. Recently here some random man addicted to slot machines shot an employee of the recreational game's place in the head because he lost 60/70K €

This is a signature.

Well, at least he didn't kill her. Recently here some random man addicted to slot machines shot an employee of the recreational game's place in the head because he lost 60/70K €

We're damn lucky that this guy didn't kill his GF, or that it didn't end up much worse than it already did.

Since this might be a bit controversial... keep things civil, folks. Thanks. :)

How in the world might this be "controversial"???

And what the fuck is wrong with "controversial" in the first place?  

Is this some kind of christian forum where you are ALLOWED to talk only about stuff thats soulless, dry and absolutely pointless? Big point in an internet forum.

Because alcoholics who do something illegal when drunk don't get jailtime or fines right? 

Some will argue that punishing addicts with prison time isn't the right thing to do either (and they have a very strong case).

Some will argue that punishing addicts with prison time isn't the right thing to do either (and they have a very strong case).

To a certain degree, yes. But depending on the severity of the crime committed, some traditional punishment is still warranted. I think a more effective punishment is a combination of a short prison sentence (Not long enough for you to get "lost in the system", so to speak), combined with the mental heath treatment that he actually needs.

Hell, I'm also a strong proponent of major prison reform, where every prisoner goes to classes, learns skills, has regular therapy that is tailored to suit his/her personal needs, to actually rehabilitate them to reintroduction into society.