AMD Fury X runs Dirt Rally at 3x4K @ 60 fps

Do the reviews come out on June 24th?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Didn't NVIDIA have a similar booth with a Titan Black, running the same 3x4K setup with another racing game? If the Titan Black/780 Ti could do it I'm not exactly shocked the Fury could do it. At the least, I expect the Fury to do it.

redacted

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

If you are going to watercool these in a custom loop, isn't it better to buy the Fury for $100 less?  I believe they are the same card with built in water block and radiator on the Fury X

From what I understand, and i may be wrong, but the Fury " none X " version will slightly be lower in performance then the Fury X. If that is not the case, then yeah, the air cooled one would be better, but on the other hand I also have herd that the None X Furry will be released some time after the Furry X is released, so If your like me and want to buy one of them the day of release, then the only option might be the Furry X version.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Didn't NVIDIA have a similar booth with a Titan Black, running the same 3x4K setup with another racing game? If the Titan Black/780 Ti could do it I'm not exactly shocked the Fury could do it. At the least, I expect the Fury to do it.

Its 3 Titans vs 1 Fury(It seems)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Its 3 Titans vs 1 Fury(It seems)

It was 4 Titans actually, I was mistaken. The first article I read of it only mentioned Titan, not SLI. Oh well.

It was 4 Titans actually, I was mistaken. The first article I read of it only mentioned Titan, not SLI. Oh well.

We must have been on a different article, the one I saw had only 3  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

We must have been on a different article, the one I saw had only 3  :lol:

Could be separate booths, I'm looking at NVIDIA displaying G-Sync at CES 2014, playing Project Cars.

Could be separate booths, I'm looking at NVIDIA displaying G-Sync at CES 2014, playing Project Cars.

Oh project cars? http://www.legitreviews.com/nvidia-shows-4k-surround-gaming-on-assassins-creed-iv_126752 This one was running AC black flag 

A little unbelieveable... there's probably some problem or shortcoming with this setup, like frame stuttering, or details turned down, or maybe Dirt Rally just isn't that demanding.

NCIX found 4 Titan Xs to be insufficient for GTA V and Far Cry 4 with triple 4k monitors, with seemingly good framerates, but too much stutter, unless they turned the details down so far that it wasn't worth it.

The game looks quite good, but isn't overly demanding. I'm running it at 1440p with VSR, max settings at well over 60fps (70+ average) on a single 290. Have to use vsync to keep it smooth. I HATE screen tearing!

So I can believe this, but I question if it's at max settings though.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

The cooler could be better, If the fan and radiator didn't look so industrial it would be nice. I'll wait to see what EVGA, MSI, OR Gigabyte can do for no more then $680 as it comes stock with a water cooler so it shouldn't be much more.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Well if this comes out in Australia for a reasonable price, I know what's going to replace my faulty GTX 970.

Just get a GTX 980 Ti. Drivers man, drivers.

Just get a GTX 980 Ti. Drivers man, drivers.

You haven't seen the price in Australia have you? And a Fury X will be better than a GTX 970 G1 that needs to be underclocked to reference speeds while being overvolted by 87mV. Even then it de-stabilises in games as old and lightweight as BF 1942.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You haven't seen the price in Australia have you? And a Fury X will be better than a GTX 970 G1 that needs to be underclocked to reference speeds while being overvolted by 87mV. Even then it de-stabilises in games as old and lightweight as BF 1942.

Yeah, you have a bad card. Trust me, AMD drivers are always broken. I have had AMD cards in the past and they were fine except for the drivers. I have read the articles and every 300 series card has broken drivers at this point. The same thing happens with every game release (just do some searching on YT). The 980 Ti will be much better for the money. Also, the Fury will be upcharged as well in AU, right?

Yeah, you have a bad card. Trust me, AMD drivers are always broken. I have had AMD cards in the past and they were fine except for the drivers. I have read the articles and every 300 series card has broken drivers at this point. The same thing happens with every game release (just do some searching on YT). The 980 Ti will be much better for the money. Also, the Fury will be upcharged as well in AU, right?

Er... That's extremely exaggerated. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/385575-updated-gtx-980-ti-launch-driver-35306-freezingcrashing/

I have not had issues with drives for 2 years

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Damn I need a racing wheel now

vids

Nvidia drivers are not perfect, that's for sure. At least games are still playable with new drivers.

I still have not had those issues. GTA 5 ran better once I updated to the day one driver, even though I didn't have any issues before. I have not had driver issues on my 7950 (in the past) and 290x

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Nvidia drivers are not perfect, that's for sure. At least games are still playable with new drivers.

The last i checked the latest driver for AMD is 15.5 

Both drivers from AMD and Nvidia have always caused the same problem. Be it bricking cards or causing games to crash. 

AMD is just slower than Nvidia in pushing out driver updates, which is what make Nvidia's driver support superior. But to go as far as saying "AMD drivers are always broken"? 

What were you thinking? 

The last i checked the latest driver for AMD is 15.5 

Both drivers from AMD and Nvidia have always caused the same problem. Be it bricking cards or causing games to crash. 

AMD is just slower than Nvidia in pushing out driver updates, which is what make Nvidia's driver support superior. But to go as far as saying "AMD drivers are always broken"? 

What were you thinking? 

At the time of those games releasing the drivers were broken, rendering them unplayable. I have never heard of Nvidia cards getting bricked from driver updates. I never have unplayable games due to Nvidia drivers. Never. My statement was exaggerated a little bit but if a driver breaks your experience 3 times in 5 months, then that is pretty bad.  

I still have not had those issues. GTA 5 ran better once I updated to the day one driver, even though I didn't have any issues before. I have not had driver issues on my 7950 (in the past) and 290x

I've seen a good amount of people who have had those issues. I guess some people get lucky or unlucky.