AMD Fury X runs Dirt Rally at 3x4K @ 60 fps

AMD Fury X runs Dirt Rally at 3x 4K eyenfinity displays at 60hz.

Fury X, AMD's new high end card, soon to be released, has produced yet another interesting result. First it was Tomb Raider 2013 running 5K ultra settings at 60fps, and now we are seeing a triple 4K eyefinity system, running the new Dirt Rally at 60fps, using just one single Fury X card.

12k-gaming-645x430.jpg

That is what LegitReviews saw in AMD's eyefinity demo.

The most impressive part about the 12K AMD Eyefinity demo shown this week by AMD running the game title Dirt Rally is that they needed just one video card in the PC to push all those pixels at a playable frame rate, the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X. The frame rate was pushing 60FPS, which isn’t too bad considering what the single $649 graphics card is doing behind the scenes to push out all those pixels at an acceptable rate. AMD  informed us that two Radeon R9 290X’s or a Radeon R9 295×2 get around 45-50 FPS on this exact setup.

fury-fan-645x654.jpg

Source: http://www.legitreviews.com/12k-gaming-with-one-amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-graphics-card_166585

Fury X is to be released on the 24th of June a an MSRP of 650$, with a confirmed Linus Tech Tips review to follow.

My personal take:

This card seems to be one hell of a frame cruncher. Of course the system and game settings are not published, so take this with a grain of salt; but most likely it is a Windows 10 system with Direct X 12 and medium/high settings. Either way it's damn impressive, considering 4K gaming was only a reality on less than graphic intensive games with the 290 series. Especially considering it took 3 290x's to run a similar setup with Dirt 3.

I cannot wait for this card to come out and see what AMD has managed to achieve with HBM and Fiji, but also what we might see in just a month with Windows 10 and DX12. Things are finally starting to change drastically on the pc gaming scene, with 2016 being an amazing year: New AMD CPU/APU on 14nm ff Zen, both AMD and NVidia moving to a lower node 14/16nm finfet and oculus rift releasing.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

My personal take:

This card seems to be one hell of a frame cruncher. Of course the system and game settings are not published, so take this with a grain of salt; but most likely it is a Windows 10 system with Direct X 12 and medium/high settings. Either way it's damn impressive, considering 4K gaming was only a reality on less than graphic intensive games with the 290 series. Especially considering it took 3 290x's to run a similar setup with Dirt 3.

I cannot wait for this card to come out and see what AMD has managed to achieve with HBM and Fiji, but also what we might see in just a month with Windows 10 and DX12. Things are finally starting to change drastically on the pc gaming scene, with 2016 being an amazing year: New AMD CPU/APU on 14nm ff Zen, both AMD and NVidia moving to a lower node 14/16nm finfet and oculus rift releasing.

Considering both those titles are AMD gaming titles Id hope they run well :P I'm looking to replace my 7970 .I'm waiting to see how 1080p benchmarks go.

3 monitors and still out of the car view....

gallery_55326_1514_3981.jpg

Especially in DIRT Rally. I find it impossible to get good times with anything but cockpit view.

MSRP?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Did AMD employees sell their sousl to the demon for an eternity to get these frame rates?

No, they probably just turned settings down.

MSRP?

$650 USD

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I wonder if you could run Dirt Rally on 3 5k monitors if you crossfire 2 or 3 of these.

MSRP?

650$ with a built in water cooler.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

This is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen 

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

I wonder if you could run Dirt Rally on 3 5k monitors if you crossfire 2 or 3 of these.

That's 44.236.800 or 44 megapixels! But then again 3 of them would be 25,8 TeraFlops, so why not. Those numbers made me dizzy :blink:

That's 44.236.800 or 44 megapixels! But then again 3 of them would be 25,8 TeraFlops, so why not. Those numbers made me dizzy :blink:

it is only 1 fury running on that set up.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

$650 USD

Nice

650$ with a built in water cooler.

Nice. I hope it will look cooler than that picture.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I hope it will look cooler than that picture.

If it is truly a Titan X killer, Im going to get some EK water blocks for 2 of theses bad boys :D Im with you on the cooler, I do not find it appealing at all.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Well if this comes out in Australia for a reasonable price, I know what's going to replace my faulty GTX 970.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Maybe they are doing out of cockpit view to make the game more process intensive?

If it is truly a Titan X killer, Im going to get some EK water blocks for 2 of theses bad boys :D Im with you on the cooler, I do not find it appealing at all.

Wait to see what Sapphire and Asus version look like :)

I bet there are either some extreme driver tweaks or driver-forced graphics settings applied.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yeah what kind of idiot would do such a thing?

hqdefault.jpg

And that's even ultra wide monitors :lol:

Yes that made me cringe more than all of his dropping priceless protypes on tradeshow videos put together.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If you are going to watercool these in a custom loop, isn't it better to buy the Fury for $100 less?  I believe they are the same card with built in water block and radiator on the Fury X

If these settings are true, meaning non-AMD tests, I gotta say that is one damn impressive card. I'm Nvidia all the way but I will give AMD props for making one impressive piece of hardware.

It's great to see innovation moving forward. Pascal and Arctic Islands will make a LOT of gamers happy I am sure. Having 14/16nm cards with HBM2 is gonna drive us even closer to true 4k, single card performance and DX10. Now if developers would stop being f'ing lazy and port PC games properly we'll be golden.

If these results truly hold out, or close to it after outside reviews, then mad props to AMD. Hell, I'm excited for it and I'm not buying it. :D

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I wonder what settings they used because I just ran a test with a 970 at 4k with DSR (no AA) and got an average of 15 fps. The Fury X would need to be 4 times stronger just to do 60 fps on a single 4k panel, and since performance supposedly just edges out the Titan X which definitely isn't 4 times than a 970 the only thing that could net that performance (especially across 4k panels) is massively reduced settings.

STOP using prime95 with Haswell CPUs!

Main Rig:

CPU:i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz, Motherboard:ASUS Z97-A, GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G1, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M w/ Noctua NF F12s, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: 16GB (4X4GB) G Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 256GB boot drive & Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 2TB

Secondary/Folding Rig:

CPU:FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz @ 1.344 v., Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX, GPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming, PSU: Corsair HX 750, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Case: NZXT Source 530, Memory: 8GB (2X4GB) G Skill Ares 1600MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB