AMD Fury X runs Dirt Rally at 3x4K @ 60 fps

At the time of those games releasing the drivers were broken, rendering them unplayable. I have never heard of Nvidia cards getting bricked from driver updates. I never have unplayable games due to Nvidia drivers. Never. My statement was exaggerated a little bit but if a driver breaks your experience 3 times in 5 months, then that is pretty bad.  

http://www.overclock.net/t/1399104/mc-nvidia-320-18-whql-display-driver-is-damaging-gpus

http://modcrash.com/nvidia-display-driver-damaging-gpus/#.Udo86-go5EZ

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1humj4/warning_32018_whql_drivers_damaging_nvidia_gpus/

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Yeah, you have a bad card. Trust me, AMD drivers are always broken. I have had AMD cards in the past and they were fine except for the drivers. I have read the articles and every 300 series card has broken drivers at this point. The same thing happens with every game release (just do some searching on YT). The 980 Ti will be much better for the money. Also, the Fury will be upcharged as well in AU, right?

Straight up, I don't care about how 'new' a driver is. As long as it doesn't break anything or cause issues I'm happy. That's one of the reasons for me being one of the few people who can still overclock on their Asus H87M Pro (fuck Intel BTW-I ain't going to pay more money for a chipset that I don't need). And I've had experience in the past with Nvidia drivers almost killing the quadro NVS 110M in my laptop, so Nvidia isn't in the clear either.

As for the pricing, GTX 970 AU price=GTX 980 US price, GTX 980 price=GTX 980ti US price, GTX 980ti AU price=GTX Titan X US price, Titan X AU price = fuck that.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Looks to be what was expected.

AMD  informed us that two Radeon R9 290X’s or a Radeon R9 295×2 get around 45-50 FPS on this exact setup
Read more at http://www.legitreviews.com/12k-gaming-with-one-amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-graphics-card_166585#DwHsxreT8QhUwDWk.99

If it performs 5-10Fps better than the 295 then we have existing benchmarks to get some idea of its performance. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Straight up, I don't care about how 'new' a driver is. As long as it doesn't break anything or cause issues I'm happy. That's one of the reasons for me being one of the few people who can still overclock on their Asus H87M Pro (fuck Intel BTW-I ain't going to pay more money for a chipset that I don't need). And I've had experience in the past with Nvidia drivers almost killing the quadro NVS 110M in my laptop, so Nvidia isn't in the clear either.

As for the pricing, GTX 970 AU price=GTX 980 US price, GTX 980 price=GTX 980ti US price, GTX 980ti AU price=GTX Titan X US price, Titan X AU price = fuck that.

I have never had or read of very bad Nvidia drivers. Also, fuck import taxes to AU. Feel really bad for all of you guys.

If it performs 5-10Fps better than the 295 then we have existing benchmarks to get some idea of its performance. 

Makes sense. A 290x = a GTX 970 (more or less). 2-way GTX 970 setups are about the same as a 980 Ti or Titan X. This would put Fury right with the Titan in performance. 

And if it actually does consume only 275W of power, then we know that AMD should have pushed forward with Tonga for the entire R9 3** series (Fiji the same as Tonga except a lot beefier)

PMSL

Now the AMD fans win for once in years. Now that nvidia fans finally lose, they cri >:D

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

And if it actually does consume only 275W of power, then we know that AMD should have pushed forward with Tonga for the entire R9 3** series (Fiji the same as Tonga except a lot beefier)

Can't let the extra inventory go to waste  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Well if this comes out in Australia for a reasonable price, I know what's going to replace my faulty GTX 970.

Hahahahahahaha, that's a very funny joke!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Especially in DIRT Rally. I find it impossible to get good times with anything but cockpit view.

they did it that way because its more for the GPU to render, therefore more demanding ;) 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I'd keel to have a setup like that for racing games/Star Citizen.

I gotta win that lottery yo, need this Fury X!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Hahahahahahaha, that's a very funny joke!

I'm not joking. My GTX 970 is in 2 words 'fucked up'. I've had to go back to my old 85Hz LCD monitor and GTX 650Ti OC 2GB to be able to play games without the display driver crashing.

PMSL

AMD drivers are really good these days IMO. On windows that is. Have got so gaming joy from my R9 290 since I got it a year back. Great experience...

with Direct X 12 and medium/high settings.

Dirt 3 has DX12 support?

I wonder what settings they used because I just ran a test with a 970 at 4k with DSR (no AA) and got an average of 15 fps.

Was that maxed out? Were you able to get it playable by dropping settings?

Can't let the extra inventory go to waste  :lol:

On a slightly different note, your comment made me think of this:

I have no numbers to work with, but as a speculation only, maybe AMD not having put out new cards for so long allows their inventory (money tied up in inventory) around the world to be quite low, thus allowing this new release to have the best of the situation - minimal cannibalizing, higher profitability.

... i got a few spare bucks.  maybe I should buy some AMD tomorrow.....hmmmmmm

That was completely blown out of proportion. You can count on one hand how many people actually had "that driver" damage their GPU and it wasn't even proven it was the driver that did that. It was a witch hunt from AMD fan boys nothing more. Read through the thread on Overclock.net

Notice it was posted in the "Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles" section of the forum.

they did it that way because its more for the GPU to render, therefore more demanding ;)

What exactly are you talking about? Sorry but I have no clue what that has to do with cockpit view being better.

Yeah what kind of idiot would do such a thing?

hqdefault.jpg

And that's even ultra wide monitors :lol:

Driving with a wheel in camera panoramic view its just disgusting, such people are disgusting.

I'm not joking. My GTX 970 is in 2 words 'fucked up'. I've had to go back to my old 85Hz LCD monitor and GTX 650Ti OC 2GB to be able to play games without the display driver crashing.

Nah I'm talking about the prices in Australia 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Nah I'm talking about the prices in Australia 

The same 2 words describe those as well 'fucked up'.

PMSL

What exactly are you talking about? Sorry but I have no clue what that has to do with cockpit view being better.

im saying they, for the videos, chose to use out-of-car view, because it puts, within your field of view more game. therefore more for the computer to render. 

cockpit view is better in every way shape and form (except in mario kart double dash. shutup.) but out-of-car view is more demanding, 

a better test on the graphics side of a benchmark. :D 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Driving with a wheel in camera panoramic view its just disgusting, such people are disgusting.

linus isnt gross. or disgusting xP

he just nooby. xP

-Jim Hensen

3x 4k monitors "with one card" B) wow

And the funny thing is that my 970 caused a driver crash when I opened the source article (I'm not kidding either).

PMSL

Maybe they are doing out of cockpit view to make the game more process intensive?

or not. Cause they don't have to render the cockpit.

- snip-