Radeon Fury X Outperforms GeForce GTX Titan X @ $650

Danielm888

Radeon Fury X Outperforms GeForce GTX Titan X @ $650 - TechPowerUp

AMD_Radeon_R9_Fury_X.jpg

AMD's new flagship $649 R9 Fury X GPU outperforms Nvidia's flagship GeForce GTX Titan X a $999 card in leaked 3DMark 11 benchmarks Korean tech publication ITCM.co.kr.

The R9 Fury (non-X) at $550 is performing very close to the $650 GeForce GTX 980 Ti.

The benches see the R9 Fury X score higher than the GTX Titan X in all three tests, while the R9 Fury is almost as fast as the GTX 980 Ti.

The cards maintain their winning streak over NVIDIA even with memory-intensive tests such as 3DMark Fire Strike Ultra (4K), but buckle with 5K. These two cards, which are bound for the market within the next 30 days were tested alongside the R9 390X, which is not too far behind the GTX 980. Scheduled release June 24.

Source: Techpowerup http://bit.ly/1G3Vnrj

Benchmarks:

160a.jpg

160c.jpg

160d.jpg

If this is true this is awesome

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

4gb vram mixed with that amount of power is just odd but whatever

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Yes.  Excellent.  Good.  Now--this just tells me to get -one- Fury X for now, and then a Fury X2 in Fall.  Tri-fire.

#rekt

On a serious note, this was already posted, and we shouldn't rely on synthetic benches anyway.

Here's the link: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388308-r9-fury-x-estimated-performance-from-wccftech/

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

These benches were already posted somewhere around here

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

repost...............many times

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Damn AMD, your Fury will smite down the nVidian Titans!

But what about the vram? 4GB?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It should be fine. I recall seeing someone say that 4 GB of HBM is equal to 6 GB of GDDR5, and I'm not sure if that factors in the compression algorithm.

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Competition like this is good for us consumers.  I hope nvidia responds with price drops... or I'm switching over to Team Red for my next build.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Why why when people get a great opportunity such as this do they not test real games?

And how did they get drivers for Fiji?

AMD Radeon R9 Poseidon, if only it ran real cool. That would be a great name or Zeus

I have a question. How reliable should we even consider this. There is no mention if they overclocked or by how much. Since we know the Fury and the Fury X are the exact same card one just has water cooling instead of air cooling where should there be such a huge gap in performance (more than 10% in most cases) Also who could have benchmarked this already? I would have to say that at least someone on youtube should have already gotten this to benchmark. Think about it who better to benchmark a watercooled card than Jayztwocents? This would be a video released as soon as the NDA was lifted so I would have to guess these are just guess photoshopped at best.

and itll run cooler with the AIO then a fucking titan

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

#rekt

On a serious note, this was already posted, and we shouldn't rely on synthetic benches anyway.

Here's the link: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388308-r9-fury-x-estimated-performance-from-wccftech/

Oops sorry about that, I was reading on Techpowerup and didn't see that wccf had a similar article although wccf only had the 3D mark 11-Sky Diver benchmark while Techpowerup has the continued benchmarks with 3D mark Firestrike.

Oops sorry about that, I was reading on Techpowerup and didn't see that wccf had a similar article although wccf only had the 3D mark 11-Sky Diver benchmark while Techpowerup has the continued benchmarks with 3D mark Firestrike.

Yeah, I saw that. But I recall a different topic that had all these benchmarks a couple days ago, but I can't find it now. xD So, maybe it's fine.

Synthetics...

In-game benchmarks are what most of us care about. This is also a repost.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Overclocked 980s can hit this amount of power with 4GB of VRAM and nobody's really complaining

"Rawr XD"

Good job AMD. Any details on amount of VRAM though?

Fury cards will have 4GB. AMD has made it official on their product page when I looked yesterday.

Fury cards will have 4GB. AMD has made it official on their product page when I looked yesterday.

Ah!

How can 4GB of vram be enough? A previous user said something about HBM or something instead of GDDR5, what does that mean?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

4gb of GDDR5 VRAM mixed with that power is odd. We have no idea how HBM performs yet. We can only theoretically extrapolate which is what these guys did to get those numbers.

Hm. AMD putting a lot of faith in their compression I suppose.